Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Fire Elemental Better?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
I'm a Pyromancer (Lvl 47 to be exact) and I use my minion often. I think that KI should make the minion better. Take the Ice Guardian for example. The best Ice spell it uses is Evil Snowman. As opposed to the Fire Elemental, the best spell it uses is Fire Elf. Rank 2 vs. Rank 3. Who is better? Ice Guardian!
Not only can it use a Rank 3 spell, but in can use storm spells as well! What I'm trying to say is that it should be able to use Sunbird, and also be able to use Thunder Snake and Lighting Bats. Anyone agree with me? Anyone? Anyone at all?

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
YES! i was going to post about this but you did and it is WEAK fire is a powerful school and therefore a fire minion shouold have fire spells DOH

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Ah but did you see our minion has more health than most of the other minions out there? I love my minion, he has helped me out on several occasions and yes I too wished he could do a little more, but I am happy with him.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
What seems odd is that as far as I can tell all other minions with the ability to throw fire spells use spells more powerful than elf and they are not even fire!

Now there may be a reason..The fire minion can be sacrificed for pips can any other minion do that? Ive seen players hurt themselves for pips but am not aware of a minion pip conversion other than fire.

I always shuffle in a 'kill minion for pips' card when I run with a minion.

This good when you need two good attacks to defeat an enemy.

I would be willing to forego the pip exchange for better attack spells.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
I'm an ice wizard. My ice minion does NOT use rank 3 spells (although i just got him). Also if i use training points i can get a spell to sacrifice my minion and get 4 pips (not exact).

Also oddly my ice minion can do fire elf. But I agree it would stink to go through that hard quest to get a minion that doesn't do much. :P

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
LucarioAura45 wrote:
I'm a Pyromancer (Lvl 47 to be exact) and I use my minion often. I think that KI should make the minion better. Take the Ice Guardian for example. The best Ice spell it uses is Evil Snowman. As opposed to the Fire Elemental, the best spell it uses is Fire Elf. Rank 2 vs. Rank 3. Who is better? Ice Guardian!
Not only can it use a Rank 3 spell, but in can use storm spells as well! What I'm trying to say is that it should be able to use Sunbird, and also be able to use Thunder Snake and Lighting Bats. Anyone agree with me? Anyone? Anyone at all?

if you think that is weak the life summon is a sprite it only can use a rank 1 spell and rank three heals.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
so you think that is bad i am a lvl 48 going on 49 storm wizard and i have had my minion since lvl 1616 so you know that is bad especially because all my minion does is put a elemental shield up on its self and recently it starts to use the gravedigger spell the lvl 2 death spell and that is annoying i have only seen three spells be used by it

1.taunt=ice
2.elemental shield=balance
3.gravedigger=death

It doesnt even use any storm spells so you know that is sad so what is up with that.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
Alex1646 wrote:
YES! i was going to post about this but you did and it is WEAK fire is a powerful school and therefore a fire minion shouold have fire spells DOH

Yes but storm is stronger and i have never seen it use a storm spell so what is up with that.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
The Ice minion can cast Storm Shark (Rank 3 spell). My girlfriend is an Ice Wizard and I see her minion cast it all the time.

The life minion may not do a lot of damage, but that isn't the point of a life wizard either its to heal, which the life minion does.

I rarely use my minion, I don't even think I have one in my deck right now. Other then getting pips from it, it doesn't really have much of a purpose if you have another wizard with you. Mine rarely actually cast the Fireblade on me and uses up all my fire traps with fire elf. I agree it should be able to Sunbird at least, if not that then Heck Hound (Just program it not to save up a bunch of pips before it cast it so it wouldn't be over powered).

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
I've yet to see an ice minion use evil snowman, but I have seen him use storm shark.

One note worth mentioning is while Sunbird does more damage in one shot, at it's max damage is does about 118 damage per pip while the fire elf does 130 damage per pip once it runs it's course. So while the damage is spread out the minion is getting more bang for it's buck when it uses fire elf. Plus it can fire off 50% faster.

I can fully understand wanting it to be able to do one hit that is hard, but numbers wise your minion is doing pretty well.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If you don't think a fire elemental is worth using in a lot of battles, then don't use it. Most classes don't get a minion that is worthwhile to use in typical battles. The main use of a fire minion is against mobs that toss up a lot of fire shields. You can also use it to draw one mob's attacks away from you for a while.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
What I would like to know is if KI plans to fix the minions or keep them the way they are? If the minions dont work how they are intended to work always than what is the point to have them? It is like having the pets, they dont do anything but yet we have them.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
If you don't think a fire elemental is worth using in a lot of battles, then don't use it. Most classes don't get a minion that is worthwhile to use in typical battles. The main use of a fire minion is against mobs that toss up a lot of fire shields. You can also use it to draw one mob's attacks away from you for a while.

no offense quizzical but every post you make is always negative. how about pitching some ideas for once instead of just negative responses.

yes fire minion should be powered up, it should use sunbird and up to lightning bats.

Survivor
May 21, 2008
Otys wrote:
Quizzical wrote:

no offense quizzical but every post you make is always negative. how about pitching some ideas for once instead of just negative responses.

yes fire minion should be powered up, it should use sunbird and up to lightning bats.

Quizzical is not just being negative, he actually is pointing out the benefits of the fire elemental. Quizzical is absolutely right, the fire minion is great for getting rid of shields, and you will thank your lucky stars for him when you fight Mavra Flamewing in DS.

The minion's strength seems in general to be inverse to the school's strength--storm's minion does no damage, the idea being that storm does enough damage on its own. Fire being another big damage school, our minion tends to be on the weaker side, but hey, he does slow and steady damage over time and that does add up.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
LucarioAura45 wrote:
fire elemenatl is weak and i say our elemental should be changed its unfair arent i right ice has strongest were week fire elementals

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
tyty275 wrote:
Alex1646 wrote:

Yes but storm is stronger and i have never seen it use a storm spell so what is up with that.

What? I meant it has high hit power and not powerful. Storm is not powerful it has high powered attacks.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
tyty275 wrote:
so you think that is bad i am a lvl 48 going on 49 storm wizard and i have had my minion since lvl 1616 so you know that is bad especially because all my minion does is put a elemental shield up on its self and recently it starts to use the gravedigger spell the lvl 2 death spell and that is annoying i have only seen three spells be used by it

1.taunt=ice
2.elemental shield=balance
3.gravedigger=death

It doesnt even use any storm spells so you know that is sad so what is up with that.

Storm Minion is absolutely awesome!!! I get him out early in the battle and as soon as he shields, he taunts! The beauty of this is that I can now concentrate on attacking while he is drawing fire! Because of my minion friend, I was able to solo the Halloween towers even though I only have 1138hp! Yes, after he's been hit a few times he will cast the Ghoul spell, which of course is good for him!

Autumn Moonrunner, Adept Storm

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
The fire elemental is the next to the worst minion to have. The death character has several minions depending on how many pips you have. There should be a fire elf and fire, cat and sunbird minion. My fire elemental only has fire elf and fire cat spells, the rest are traps and shields. If they updated the enemies and gave them an extensive spell book, why does my minion not have that? We should also be able to hire minions just like henchmen.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
YES THANK YOU SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fire minion is completely underpowered. I mean why would the Ice minion... ICE=LOW DAMAGE do more than the Storm minion ... STORM=HIGHEST DAMAGE and the Fire minion... FIRE= SECOND HIGHEST DAMAGE! To add on the minions should become stronger while you level up, for example a level fifth ty grandmasters minion should be able to do its level 48 spell. :idea
:
Lol sorry I was bored.

- Blaze SunWielder Level 50 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I agree It should know some level ten spells, but Ice doesnt do much damage with attacking spells and they should have a minion to help them do mroe damage.

Fredlegendwraith
Level 46 Myth wizard
Current quest world:Dragonspyre

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
i am a myth type, and i think ALL minions except for death, should be better. the death school can summon a wraith! with tons of health to. and what do we get? terrible minions, thats what. fire elemental, helpful mander, etc. are all worse than death. so KI, you should either make the other minions better, or make the death minions worse.

i will tell you, i am not happy when i am doing pvp and someone summons a wraith. so plz change it ks.
Ryan Mythstone

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
if fire elemental do spell of others school will be a lot of help cause some times i battle fire monsters is very hard cause my fire elemental just do fire attack so no much damage to the fire boss so plz plz plz wizard 101 can you do something about this plz i hope you guys take in consideration

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
I'm also a Pyromancer Level 46, and honestly i both like my fire minion in battles.

I love it cause it gives Fire Blades or Fire traps, when you dont have one in deck anymore

Also i Hate it, cause it ALWAYS attacks Weak Fire spells like that fire cat and fire elf, it ruins my Power ups.

I will love it if it casts power ups on me only so wont worry much.
(don't let them use fire cat and fire elf, its just annoying) :x

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
Alex1646 wrote:
honestly, the fire elemental is great. my fire uses it in the arena to get rid of shields and it is amazing. in street battles, though, only use it when you are in a tight situation,because even though his cards are weak, the fire elemental's spells add up in power.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
LucarioAura45 wrote:

Your thinking of a BALANCE ice minion thought. Ice's minion only does Storm Bats Storm Shark Fire Elf and Ice bettle (When you dont want it too though ) anyways all the school minions are fine