Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Satyr Won't Learn Sprite

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
Ok, so i have at least 50 life friends **All above and have satyr pet**
They ALL! Have Spritely.
My pet gives life damage, life accuracy, and pip chance.
I looked it up on Walkthroughs to get sprite. And all they talked about was first generation **IT IS** and it also said it could be because i am not getting enough help for the part that gives sprite... But they never showed me what thig=ng I need to improve on.. I have my Will, Agility, and Power to the MAX. Intellict- I am 1 think away from Maxing
Strength- I have 179/225

So here is what I'm asking in a sum-
What are the requirments to having a pet get sprite?

If you ever see- Matthew BattleHead- Lvl 70 Life
Taylor BattleHead- Lvl 16 Balance
Emily BattlehHead- Lvl 13 Myth
Seth BattleHead- Lvl 7 Death. Please add them and comment on this Topic :)

**Mr.Matt Goes Bye**

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
JinxHawk wrote:
Ok, so i have at least 50 life friends **All above and have satyr pet**
They ALL! Have Spritely.
My pet gives life damage, life accuracy, and pip chance.
I looked it up on Walkthroughs to get sprite. And all they talked about was first generation **IT IS** and it also said it could be because i am not getting enough help for the part that gives sprite... But they never showed me what thig=ng I need to improve on.. I have my Will, Agility, and Power to the MAX. Intellict- I am 1 think away from Maxing
Strength- I have 179/225

So here is what I'm asking in a sum-
What are the requirments to having a pet get sprite?

If you ever see- Matthew BattleHead- Lvl 70 Life
Taylor BattleHead- Lvl 16 Balance
Emily BattlehHead- Lvl 13 Myth
Seth BattleHead- Lvl 7 Death. Please add them and comment on this Topic :)

**Mr.Matt Goes Bye**

There are no 'requirements.' All pet talents are entirely random.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Getting spritely on a pet is RANDOM. Spritely has nothing to do with any of your other stats. Playing a certain game or feeding a certain snack WILL NOT guarantee a pet gaining spritely. By mixing with another pet that has spritely, you may gain that talent, but it is random. Your chance of getting it does increase if BOTH 'parents' has spritely, but it only INCREASES the chance, it does not guarantee the pet will gain that talent.

I am also a life wizard, and sad to say, my satyr, which i affectionately call my drunken goat man, manifested the WORST talents possible. It got 3 selfish talents along with life shot. Needless to say, he is dancing around one of my homes.

You stated you have friends with satyrs that have spritely. Maybe one of them will mix with your satyr in order for you to gain that talent.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 80 Life

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
Hannah Lifebringer on Oct 9, 2012 wrote:
Getting spritely on a pet is RANDOM. Spritely has nothing to do with any of your other stats. Playing a certain game or feeding a certain snack WILL NOT guarantee a pet gaining spritely. By mixing with another pet that has spritely, you may gain that talent, but it is random. Your chance of getting it does increase if BOTH 'parents' has spritely, but it only INCREASES the chance, it does not guarantee the pet will gain that talent.

I am also a life wizard, and sad to say, my satyr, which i affectionately call my drunken goat man, manifested the WORST talents possible. It got 3 selfish talents along with life shot. Needless to say, he is dancing around one of my homes.

You stated you have friends with satyrs that have spritely. Maybe one of them will mix with your satyr in order for you to gain that talent.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 80 Life
Thanks for helping with that. Mine has BAD Talents that don't specificly help me out, He has Life-Shot- 5% Life-Giver- 5%
and Power Pip Chance- 4%

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I've tried to get Spritely (or even Unicorn) on ANY of my life pets (at LEAST 5 Satyrs and 6 Forest Giants) and its never happened. Guess what, I found out I really didn't need it! My current pet is a Forest Giant and is Mega. He has 5 life properties. Forgive me, I don't recall the names offhand, I'm at work and cannot log in right now to get the correct nomenclature.
1. May cast life blade
2. May cast life shield
3. May cast life trap
4. The fist (Gives my life spells +6% strength boost)
5. Gives shield boost against life spells

Now, a couple of these are not what I wanted, but overall I'm pleased with this guy.
At least he doesn't have any selfish traits!

Reed Firehammer

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
My Forest Lord Pet is Hatching, and it will be done at 2:36 today. I hope he will learn the qualities that are expected. Rogtim- I understand what your trying to point out, but I really want this because my pets are failing me in Pvp. All my satyr does is cast life trap... and he hardly does. But I see that you gave up. But I don't give up. These pets I have are very nice and all... But i'm gonna get my Forest Lord pet to adult, and see if i wanna keep trying. I hope by the time he is at adult I can hatch with good qualities and people that choose to.. So i'm hoping he can cast lifeblade :) Or Sprite... But I hope we can all get what qualities we want from our pets.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2011
I have many pets that have the potential to learn spritely, but unfortunately none of them have that talent. I have spent many hours in vain trying to get that talent, training to mega, hatching with other friends who have spritely on their pet, and still no spritely.
This is probably the biggest downfall of this game, and the main reason I won't buy crowns, continue my membership when it expires, and pay to play Pirate101.
My suggestion on pet talents is that the trainer should have at least some control on what talents the pet learns, especially when the trainer takes the time to train the pet to mega.
Another suggestion is a training point system for talents based on the most helpful or desired. For example:
Everytime a pet reaches a new level of maturity, one talent point is awarded. A talent point can be spent immediately for a less desired talent like life shield, or saved up for talents like spritely which might cost 3 talent points.

Just so KI can make some income off this point-system, players can purchase crowns to buy a few extra talent points if they want.

These suggestions would diminish the frustration and disappointment that comes with leveling pets.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I think the general feeling is that pet hatching is a lot of time, work, gold/crowns, for a blind gamble.

I have done a bit of hatching, but it is defintely something for those who "want to hatch" as a game element. If you don't enjoy the time/cost and various aspects then its just not worth it. Strategically the benifits aren't there. You can advance your wizard much quicker and cost effectively by ignoring pet hatghing. You are better off just geting a cute pet and playing the game.

(I'm not refering to hard core level 80 PvP wizards who might be looking for every gaming edge they can get).

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Try hatching with a pet that has spritely already. Some people don't like hatching pets while others do, but the best way to get the pet talents you want is to find someone who has a pet with them and hatch with them.