Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More advice please........

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 24, 2012
I'm considering buying a game mouse but I have no idea what to look for. Since I'm "running" and turning with my arrow keys it's not convenient when I want to type since my keyboard is halfway off the table. That make sense? Right hand - mouse, left hand - arrow keys. What I'd like is a mouse that will allow me to "run", turn, point and click with just one hand. Is there such a thing and where did you get it?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:
I'm considering buying a game mouse but I have no idea what to look for. Since I'm "running" and turning with my arrow keys it's not convenient when I want to type since my keyboard is halfway off the table. That make sense? Right hand - mouse, left hand - arrow keys. What I'd like is a mouse that will allow me to "run", turn, point and click with just one hand. Is there such a thing and where did you get it?

Personally before I went mouse shopping, I would experiment with using the mouse you have to control your wizard, hold down both mouse buttons and go. It makes me sea sick but I know a few who prefer this way to get around. The biggest problem I see they have is coming though doors or into areas and zooming right into the field of monsters quite a bit because if you accidentally double click it holds you on dead run.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
quilteddawg63 wrote:

if you are right-handed, do you know that the AWSD keys can act as you arrows too? A -Left turn, W- Forward, S-Backward, D-Right turn. It will be more convenient because your hands are placed squarely on the left and right side. Even if you have the right mouse, I think the game doesn't have the option to change key strokes to mouse clicks.

Defender
May 24, 2012
Update......I tried the two-button mouse method of running but still had to use my left hand to turn and back up. I've seen people talk about the AWSD keys and just this minute figured out what that meant. I also tried an elaborate gaming mouse over the weekend and returned it to the store after only two hours. Nothing happened with it. I will try the AWSD method and thank you all for the advice.

Lenora Lifebringer
Brecken Ashwalker
Nora Legendrunner