Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questions of mounts?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
hi guys i been really bothered by when i buy a mount for a day from the crown store with gold and then the next day theres a power outage. like because of hurricain irene my friend bought a mount for a week and the power went out for a week. then when he went on he has only like 30min.
so i dont no what we should do because we cant control and predict the weather.so i am just curious because mounts for a week are pretty expensive if your a free player. so i dont know how Kingisle could fix that.

please write back 8) :-) :) :(

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
zucchini35 wrote:
hi guys i been really bothered by when i buy a mount for a day from the crown store with gold and then the next day theres a power outage. like because of hurricain irene my friend bought a mount for a week and the power went out for a week. then when he went on he has only like 30min.
so i dont no what we should do because we cant control and predict the weather.so i am just curious because mounts for a week are pretty expensive if your a free player. so i dont know how Kingisle could fix that.

please write back 8) :-) :) :(

I'm sorry this happened, but the price (and the fact that KI lets us buy mounts with gold at all) is more than reasonable.

No one can control the weather. In fact, it rained all day up here~ I kept getting booted from the game, and my internet connection was jumping on and off like crazy... but KI isn't going to compensate me for lost time, and they won't do it for you, either.

PS: You can buy permanent mounts for gold, too~ how about not wasting yours on rentals?

Cheers!
-veebz

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Ya know I actually agree here. Why can't the timer stop when we go off, and the timer begin when we log on? I mean some of the wizards have school for 6/9 hours of their day, KI is basically ripping the people off with jobs and school.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2012
I bought a game card which gave me enough crowns to buy my mount. Now I have no worries. 20 bucks and I picked up some cards and a pet.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
darkgunnerds wrote:
I bought a game card which gave me enough crowns to buy my mount. Now I have no worries. 20 bucks and I picked up some cards and a pet.

Awesome! Good for you!

zucchini35 - Crown mount rentals are not cheap. I realize it's less expensive than buying a mount outright. If you continue to quest, and earn coins (by completing quests & selling unwanted gear), there are many mounts you can purchase for coins.

Good Luck!

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
Umm. Thought about farming Rattlebones? He's a rank 1 boss in the free area of Wizard City that should take anyone level 10 or higher no more than 3-4 rounds to kill. He drops a wide variety of 24 hour gold-mounts at a high rate - average one every 10 or so fights. Sure you can't trade them between wizards but if you're at Dragonspyre or using a "strong" (boost) treasure card it's going to take you 10 minutes or less to get a mount every day.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Eric Crowspear on Sep 30, 2012 wrote:
Ya know I actually agree here. Why can't the timer stop when we go off, and the timer begin when we log on? I mean some of the wizards have school for 6/9 hours of their day, KI is basically ripping the people off with jobs and school.
i agree when we had shark week i had found out so i used and i was on for an hour because i had a ton to do and i needed to do it by the time i was done it was time to go to bed and then in the morning i did some more stuff and when i finnaly got to get on it was expired i was so mad when it said it had expired luckily i paid nothing, but still it sucks.