Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pets that boost resistance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
hi so I do alot of pvp and i see lots of wizards with pets with plus 5 and plus 9 shields on them that boost the wizards resistance. so I have a sea dragon with pretty go stats and found a fellow wiz. that has a fiendish foo dog with the shields on it. so we hatched and my new pet looked very good (fiendish foo also) with five or six epic
so i am thinking cool. i played lots of the pet games and feed him lots of mega snacks mostly the ones that boost resistance. (wow i spent lots on those snacks)
But he is ancient pet now and learned the same things as my sea dragon sure shot and remove a positive. which are ok but not what i am looking for
was wondering if anyone has some ideas or good pointers for me. I have lots of new pets from the new pet pack in crown shop, but before spending to much more I need help thx for any suggestions :)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
These are the talents you are thinking about, spell proof and spell-defying:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Talent:Spell-Proof
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Talent:Spell-defying
The formulas for these talents as follow:
Spell proof: (2agility+2strength+power)/125=%, you can hit 10% without selfish talents.
Spell defy: (2agility+2strength+power)/250=%, you can hit 5% without selfish talents.
The reason you didn't get these talents was because they weren't learned by your pet, cutting your chances severely.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Find a pet that has abilities that you like, then hatch with it. Then hatch the offspring with the pet that you like, then hatch THAT offspring with pet that you liked, and so on and so forth. The offspring will have an increased chance of receiving the coveted abilities.