Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

where are they getting these!?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 22, 2011
so once i was playing on one of my wizards waiting for someone to come into the lord nightshade tower with me ( i was low at the time, don't judge me). next to the tower is a guy dressed really high, only one twist, it was an apprentice wizard. of course there was another sighting of this in the oasis, only it was a girl. so where are these people getting the clothes because at that level they shouldn't have them.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Riana288 wrote:
so once i was playing on one of my wizards waiting for someone to come into the lord nightshade tower with me ( i was low at the time, don't judge me). next to the tower is a guy dressed really high, only one twist, it was an apprentice wizard. of course there was another sighting of this in the oasis, only it was a girl. so where are these people getting the clothes because at that level they shouldn't have them.

It's called crowns gear. They are available from level 5 and up and give much more life (at first) than the regular gear.
and yes, they can have them.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
If you mean clothes with good stats, they're from the crown shop. If you mean clothes from higher levels, they stiched.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Riana288 wrote:

Buying in the bazaar and stiching with low clothes so they can have cool clothes but still wear them.
~John Dragoncatcher Archmage Sorcerer~

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
You can buy the clothes at the Bazaar, and then stitch them at Eloise to give their appearance to lower level clothes.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Riana288 wrote:

You probably saw someone with either stitched/no auction gear or crowns-only items.

Crowns gear looks the same at all levels, with slightly different stats for each bracket. The level 80 version has drastically different stats from the level 30 version, but these cannot be dyed, meaning that an adept sorceress and an archmage will look identical.

Stitched gear means that the wizard has taken the appearance of one outfit and added the stats of another. Because there are no level restrictions on what you buy in the Bazaar or transfer through the shared bank, a level 5 wizard can buy a level 70 robe or can transfer one to her level 5 wizard on the same account~ that wizard can't actually wear it, but they can "stitch" it for crowns; the new robe will look like the level 70 one, but only have level 5 stats.

No Auction gear is not sold at the Bazaar, meaning that not just anyone can get their hands on it. That person would have to farm a specific creature for a greater amount of time to get that gear.

Hope this helps!
-veebz

Explorer
May 30, 2011
do you know how the shared bank works? You can send gear to all your characters on your account using the shared bank that is how they likely get that gear when they shouldn't i hope that helps.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Riana288 wrote:

take a high level hat and stitch its appearance to a low level hat. The seamstress in the commons does this. You can graft the appearance of one equip to the statistics of another. So you could take a novices hat and make it look like a high level item. There are also equips sold by the seamstress, and in the bazaar that have no stats at all, but are the basic versions of almost every equip in the game, these empty equips may be equipped by level five wizards.

stitching costs crowns and makes it so that you cannot sell the stitched equipment in the bazaar.