Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP Rank System Stinks

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 10, 2012
I was on my myth level 12 with a rank of 693 which is knight rank, and i was doing 1v1. Then all of a sudden one match i stumble across a Grandmaster fire wizard who killed me easily with heckhound and it gets better. When he fought me he was a Corporal around 530! and when i lost he got 27 points which made him a sergeant. His rank wasnt even that low in fact its too high for a wizard like him to verse a wizard like me. PvP is broken

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
I agree it is annoying when you get into a battle with a higher ranked and more experienced person, but I think the ranked matches are done by lvl not by rank. Which seems fair at a glance but when you look past their lvl to their pets, gear, overall experience in the game it gets to be overwhelming. maybe kings isle should try to find a more even way to match people up.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
Well, this has also happened when i was PvPing with one of my PvP friends, he was Veteran level 8 I was Knight level 11 (Captain now). For some reason we end up fighting a private level 80 or something near that level Death Wizard full set of waterworks with a level 10 or so sergeant. I lost Knight and lowered down to Veteran because I lost 26-28 rank by losing to an Archmage?The amount of rank lost or won should depend on the level and the rank and not depend on just the rank.

Luke Icehammer Level 67 Legendary Thaumaturge PvP Private
Luke Shadowblade Level 11 Initiate Sorceror PvP Captain

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
caninn wrote:
Well, this has also happened when i was PvPing with one of my PvP friends, he was Veteran level 8 I was Knight level 11 (Captain now). For some reason we end up fighting a private level 80 or something near that level Death Wizard full set of waterworks with a level 10 or so sergeant. I lost Knight and lowered down to Veteran because I lost 26-28 rank by losing to an Archmage?The amount of rank lost or won should depend on the level and the rank and not depend on just the rank.

Luke Icehammer Level 67 Legendary Thaumaturge PvP Private
Luke Shadowblade Level 11 Initiate Sorceror PvP Captain
Puppet teams are the worst, i agree and pvp should have been fixed by now but there was an error as Professor Greyrose said.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Welcome to pvp town. There are no rules, except no talos and insane bolt treasure cards. Anything else is fair game, including points given for wins and losses. This is yet another complaint on the PVP forums! Congratulations!

Enjoy your stay :D

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Everyone thinks that the solve for puppet teams is easy to figure out and nice to figure out, but when in reality, have you ever considered how they could script it to be based on level and rank, but still prevent it without changing it from levels being averaged?

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
thejordanator wrote:
Welcome to pvp town. There are no rules, except no talos and insane bolt treasure cards. Anything else is fair game, including points given for wins and losses. This is yet another complaint on the PVP forums! Congratulations!

Enjoy your stay :D
You dont seem to read the post, yet you just make the same response to everyone who has a complaint about pvp. Get lost troll and dont come to annoy me with that unoriginal comment.