Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 25-35 1v1

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 05, 2011
Greetings people of the spiral! Recently on my ice character (28 ) I have been doing ranked 1v1 and I've picked up some tips for all schools:

All: resist is important, as is a good pet - try and get a good pet with decent talents preferably spritely and/or unicorn along the way. I suggest training infection, reshuffle, your spirit/elemental blade and balance up to weakness. And if possible ice up to tower shield. Tip: NEVER discard a reshuffle, otherwise you may run out of cards and lose.

Fire: get that minion right away! The fire minion is incredibly useful and it removes shields easily. Blade up, place your bubble and then set up pips for a HUGE heckhound!! Or.... Fire shield yourself then use immolate with blades + traps. I have been defeated several times by a large immolate.

Ice: like fire, get out that minion as soon as possible - the ice guardian blades, traps and attacks frequently. Use tower shield a lot as well as ice armour and then once you've set up a good defense, use either ice wyvern or frostbite frequently and eventually, with the help from your minion, you will defeat your opponent.

Storm: Get out your minion if you like but it isn't needed, however it does shield and heal quite a bit. I reccomemd blading and trapping up for a big kraken hit or if they have thier minion out a large tempest.

Balance: simple - minion, trap, blade, full pips then one MASSIVE judgement. Alternatively, use spectral blast a lot with blades and traps.

Life: sprite guardian is one of the best minions in my opinion because it traps, attacks, uses fairy and it can even use satyr! I would prepare for a large centaur with lifeblade, spirit blade, lifetrap and if you have it, feint. But if your enemy users a large attack leaving you barely surviving, use satyr or regenerate as soon as possible.

Death: animate is useful, but really only good with many pips which may take too long. I would suggest stack blades and traps for a large attack. Use skeletal pirate if your health is decent but if it isn't, use an enchanted vampire which if you prepare correctly, you can get healed as much as satyr.

Myth: I would be plain silly if I didn't say: minion, blade and Minotaur. Simple. But if you can use stun when your opponent has many pips then catch them with thier attack down, and hit 'em hard!

Please, if I've left something out, don't hesitate to correct me! :)