Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bazaar-hold

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
I was thinking about a new feature in the bazaar. You could search the name of what item/reagent, etc etc you want, and click on it. If there was currently none of that item there, you could put it on hold, and it would go straight to your backpack, and if you don't have enough room, to your bank. That would help with not spending all your life at the bazaar.

Jesbbag2
Evan
Evan

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
Agreed! I'm getting tired of skipping through so many pages just to find one item. So I hope KI does this update

Destiny DeathBlade
Level 59 Myth

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
No, sorry.
It's not fair at all to be able to claim an item BEFORE it even gets to the bazaar.
People would completely lock out reagents and treasure cards.

Besides, what if several people put the same item on hold? A fossil for example.
Who would get it when 1 finally appears in the bazaar?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
jesbbag2 wrote:
I was thinking about a new feature in the bazaar. You could search the name of what item/reagent, etc etc you want, and click on it. If there was currently none of that item there, you could put it on hold, and it would go straight to your backpack, and if you don't have enough room, to your bank. That would help with not spending all your life at the bazaar.

Jesbbag2
Evan
Evan

No way. It's a Bazaar - Auction House. No reservations accepted. :?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Sorry, but no. Those that do spend the time in the Bazaar looking for the item/s should be as it is now. "First come, First Served". No rain-checks or pre-paid for items. If you want something, you wait and watch for it.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I think an option like this would bring out the worst in people to be honest.
Sniping is not that much fun, but once you see how it works it is not that difficult. You just have to play around with your strategy and you will see how the system works.
pods

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
I can see how this idea would bring out the very worst in people-- placing a rare whatever on hold, just so someone else doesn't get it. I'm at the Bazaar constantly trying to buy a diamond or 2 to craft Watchtower Hall, and even when I see one on the list, I often don't get it since it's already sold.

I need a total of 80 diamonds for Watchtower, what if I put 60 on hold at once? Or, with your idea, can you only reserve one at a time? Usually just 1 isn't enough to do much good. Plus prices vary depending on how many are available. With your "on-hold" idea, do you get to put a price limit on it? Or do you pay whatever the going rate is? Too many variables to make it practical.

If you want it, wait in line at the Bazaar with everyone else. The constant in and out-flow of wizards is what makes it an interesting shopping experience, even if you walk out empty-handed.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
loki1201 wrote:
No, sorry.
It's not fair at all to be able to claim an item BEFORE it even gets to the bazaar.
People would completely lock out reagents and treasure cards.

Besides, what if several people put the same item on hold? A fossil for example.
Who would get it when 1 finally appears in the bazaar?

Agreed!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
jesbbag2 wrote:

Jesbbag2
Evan
Evan

people will just take anything good in the tc/snack/reagent areas
also ( note BIG EXAMPLE )
the item known as commentertive statue ( yes it is auctionable at bazaar)
would be sniped by many people trying to claim one someone sold for big gold
and thats not fair

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Honeybee313 wrote:
jesbbag2 wrote:

Jesbbag2
Evan
Evan

No way. It's a Bazaar - Auction House. No reservations accepted. :?

agreed!

plus: that is unfair. all rich people could buy all the bazaar shipments of one thing for like six months. How would it feel if you have to wait that long and then someone else would just reserve?
just saying