Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ok quick Q

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
hey guys,
hunter here-

i am looking to recieve a Gnome pet that gives the gnome spell card,
obviously i know that if i am not life, i will have o hatch for it. i am just curious if there is a way for me to improve chance of getting the gnome pet! like what should i use for my end of the hatch? sea dragon is probably a bad choice, i am just wondering if i should use life pet or something. idk!

let me know guys!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
giratina222 wrote:
hey guys,
hunter here-

i am looking to recieve a Gnome pet that gives the gnome spell card,
obviously i know that if i am not life, i will have o hatch for it. i am just curious if there is a way for me to improve chance of getting the gnome pet! like what should i use for my end of the hatch? sea dragon is probably a bad choice, i am just wondering if i should use life pet or something. idk!

let me know guys!

You will not get or be able to equip a Gnome if you are not a Life wizard, so don't waste your time or gold.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
unless you are of the school, you can only have the hybrids. Getting back the other person's pet from a hatch is a 50% chance i believe, I normally get what pet I want, Idk I am just lucky lol but yea, just do the hatch and see how it goes, if yu don't get it try again ;)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
giratina222 wrote:
and what if it is a Chimera? how could i get one of those?

As with the other school-only pets, you can't get or equip one of these unless you're a Balance wizard.

There are hybrid pets, but the chance of getting one is extremely rare~ good luck!

-El Veeb
archmage sorceress

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Sure hatch for it (personally I think the hybrids look cooler) but remember, if you aren't neither a life wizard, nor a myth, and don't have the mastery amulets, you won't be able to use your pet's attack. Both chimera and gnome need 9 pips, but there are only room for 7 pips on the bar.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
giratina222 wrote:
ok, i know that but if it is a hybrid gnome i could.

Yes you can have a hybrid gnome. you need a life mastery amulet too to fully use the gnome card. otherwise it will just be a shell where you can put talents in.

No guidelines for having one too , just hatch with someone with a hybrid gnome and you got half a chance to have one too.