Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lvl 50 gear sucks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
When I reached lvl 50, I thought the gear would be awesome. I went to the bazaar, and saw that all the gear gave only heath, critical ratings, and result to some schools. I thought these where really bad. So decided to stick with my lvl 45 gear, which gave health, pip chance, and boost. What are your opinions to he lvl 50 gear?

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
I totally agree with you. Although, the Robe from the Hrundle Fjord vendor in Wintertusk isn't that bad. The gear gets better at Level 54-56. Although the only gear that gets better at Level 54 though is the hat. I replaced my Level 45 hat with The Horned Helm of the Mighty. I know that you get some really good rings and athames at Level 56, and I am pretty sure you get some new gear. But the gear really gets good at Level 58.
Go Patience!

Seth
Level 54 Balance
Level 70 Myth

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
samikhan1234 wrote:
When I reached lvl 50, I thought the gear would be awesome. I went to the bazaar, and saw that all the gear gave only heath, critical ratings, and result to some schools. I thought these where really bad. So decided to stick with my lvl 45 gear, which gave health, pip chance, and boost. What are your opinions to he lvl 50 gear?

The level 50 gear was for Celestia. It is entry level gear for that world (so the stats are worse than 45). The level 45 gear use to be ELITE gear when Dragonspyre was the final world and was hard to obtain, unlike the easy to obtain level 50 gear.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Yeah, the L50 gear isn't that great. I've left all my wizards with L45 gear until they could craft the L56 gear in Wintertusk.

My Death wizard just started Wintertusk and his L56 crafted gear is ready for him to wear when he reaches L56 (he's at L54 right now).

I have only one Legendary Artisan wizard, and she crafts all the gear needed for the rest of my wizards. I am NOT going to put any of my other wizards through that grueling task of achieving Legendary Artisan.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Well at level 50 you are close to your crafted Wintertusk gear, which really is awesome! Hat is even better than WW gear, as it gives you a nice school blade.
In a couple levels (as said above) you can start wearing some decent WT hats, etc. So hold out for those.
There was a level 50 or 52 robe that I wore that was pretty good. It was a death school robe but I think there are complimentary ones for other schools. Check Central to find out which ones are out there and hang in there.
Once you hit 55, there are a couple crafted CL items that are decent too.

Explorer
May 22, 2011
Dude, you're missing the point, it doesn't matter how bad the health is, as long as it gives critical rating, it's awesome!

-Wolf, lvl 55 Death

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Actually, if you don't have the gear dropped in Malistaire's lair, you're missing out. Go farm that dungeon a few times. You should be able to pick up school-specific rings, athames, robes, pets, and other nice loot.

Personally, I wear my Malistaire gear until I get to level 55, and then I craft the CL outfit. At level 56, I craft the WT gear.

Happy outfitting,

Qbb/Iridian

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Actually, for level 50 gear, you should visit Wintertusk. There are 3 frozen vendors, that once you thaw them out, they have some great gear for your level 50 wizard.

There is pretty good gear for every school at every level, until you pass level 60. After that, there are not many good gear updates. Some gear is updated for some schools, while it is seriously lacking for other schools.

Wait till then and you will really complain.

Hero
May 02, 2009
There's the problem your having; your looking in the bazaar for the lv.50 gear. The best lv.50 gear is dropped from various bosses in dragonspyre (malistaire drops the robes, while other bosses drop the hats and boots; plus there's always tumok gravelbeard, who drops the gm hat and boots as well).

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
queenlybluebean wrote:
Actually, if you don't have the gear dropped in Malistaire's lair, you're missing out. Go farm that dungeon a few times. You should be able to pick up school-specific rings, athames, robes, pets, and other nice loot.

Personally, I wear my Malistaire gear until I get to level 55, and then I craft the CL outfit. At level 56, I craft the WT gear.

Happy outfitting,

Qbb/Iridian

HA. My Balance is level 80, and still doesn't have the Malistaire gear, even though I've farmed it ...... oh so many times. Malistaire hates me. I know it. I've sent him a letter, but he won't respond, even after I've offered food bribery.