Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

YAHOO! I finished Waterworks Boss By Myself!

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
An unbelievable achievement (at least for me).

Now, I did START Waterworks with two other people. One was an Archmage Ice, and other a level 64 Life. I am a level 64 Ice.

Anyway, the other Ice and I did pretty well up to the first half of the dungeon. The Life was hesitant to join the battle at all, and when we got to the "Fizzle King" Boss (I'm terrible with names), the Life didn't join until half the battle was done. Once the boss was defeated, the Archmage Ice had to leave, and the Life left the room to the next, only to stand there and say and do nothing. I know the Life didn't lose connection, as they were moving around the room a bit, then started spinning (probably left the computer).

So, I went ahead and started the 3rd lever by myself. Got that done, went back to the Life wizard ..... they were no longer spinning, but just standing (floating) there. I didn't get an answer when I asked them if they were going to continue (they did have open chat).

So, again I ventured on my own and completed the 4th lever. Before I activated the final boss, I checked on the Life wizard. Still floating there.

Okay, so I start working on the final boss and his two minions. Got creamed in a very short amount of time but I managed to knock out the two minions. Got kicked out after I died, filled up my red health globe, stocked up on more TC life health, mostly sprites. Went back into the dungeon, and luckily, only the boss was there (whew!). Tried again, and thought I'd try a level 50 Life Henchman to help with health. They provide health most of the time, but once in a great while, they'll attack. Everything was going good, until the henchman attacked. After the "Ra Attack", I just couldn't get my health back up to do much. Ended up getting smacked left and right until I finally died.

I figured third time's a charm, right? Different strategy. I loaded up on Ice Armor, the one that protects 175 per pip. I still loaded up on sprites, but put a few pixies, and fairies in my TC's. I also loaded up on in my regular deck, the 7-pip Frost King and the 8-pip 'Ghost Rider Horsey Thingy' (I hate it when I can't remember stuff). These I could use at any part of the game, as I didn't have to use blades or traps and the cheats wouldn't activate. I put in quite a few Ice Colossus, plus my 0-pip blades (no tri-blades, I needed all the pips for attack and health). I loaded up on my fire/storm shields, plus my tower shields, my Gargantuan enhancements (whatever the one is with +225), and stuck a reshuffle in.

Good to go. Thankfully, shields started popping up right away, so I loaded those on myself first thing. Since I only had to fight the boss, it made it easier to strategize hits. I waited for full pips before I did Ice Armor. Had three of those on me, plus a bunch of Tower and Fire/Storm shields. All I had to do was wait for pips, power-enhance my attack cards and I hit and hit. GOT HIM!

My health started at 4080 and never went below 3691. No cheats were triggered. Most of his damage hits were ZERO because of the shields and Ice Armor. It took an hour to finish him off. I just had to be patient and wait for the right opportunities to "get 'er done" by myself.

I was so excited, I ran through the house screaming "I DID IT !!!". My husband just looked at me weird, probably thinking I just went 'over the edge' and wanted to lock me up in a little white padded room.

At least I got the Ice robe. I had actually done Waterworks on Saturday three times in a row (with only one other person), and got absolutely nothing but junk to sell at the Bazaar.

I'm so proud of myself! WOOHOO! :)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
Yay you!! :D

Wow! I can't believe you did that! Even in a group is hard!
That's awesome!

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Delver
Jul 21, 2009
Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
Wow, I'm a level 67 storm and probably couldn't get past the first lever with out help. Your. Boss. Congrats

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
Nice :). I've done all of waterworks on my own twice :D
the whole thing took me 5 hours to beat it cause of the amount of healing and shielding i had to do XD

Champion
May 03, 2011
That's impressive--not just the achievement, but your perseverance! Oh, and I have to say, "Ghost Rider Horsey Thing" is a more accurate name for that spell than "Snow Angel." I think they should change it.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I'm a lvl 76 fire and most likely couldnt do it myself...Congratulations!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Thank you, everyone!

This is the only the second wizard I have that has gone through Waterworks.

My first one was Balance (she's an Archmage now), but I had never done all or half the dungeon by myself before. Usually, when I went through with this one, I was the one who basically bladed/shielded/healed everyone, as Balance hits didn't have a lot of damage at level 60+.

It's definitely different for each school wizard. I had never really utilized the Ice Armor before. Never really needed it. Forgot I had it, actually ... (duh!).

"Nice . I've done all of waterworks on my own twice
the whole thing took me 5 hours to beat it cause of the amount of healing and shielding i had to do XD"

That's awesome! Out of curiosity, what school were you when you did it?

"Oh, and I have to say, "Ghost Rider Horsey Thing" is a more accurate name for that spell than "Snow Angel." I think they should change it."

I remembered the name of the spell up to the time I had to type it, then WHAM ...... I went completely blank on the name

I commend ANYONE who has gone through and succeeded, whether you were in a group or finished by yourself.

I do have to admit, the next day I did Tower of the Helephant, and I think that one was much tougher than Waterworks.

Now, I'm off to do Waterworks again, and hopefully get the rest of my gear.

Good luck everyone! :)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I am so jealous of Ice Armor. I think I will fill my last spot with an Ice wizard.

Good job.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
"I am so jealous of Ice Armor. I think I will fill my last spot with an Ice wizard."

There are two types of Ice Armor. One only for yourself, and one you can use for anyone. I find I'm really liking my Ice Wizard.

I just went through Waterworks again with two other wizards. It was a breeze to fight the big Boss, because I used the Ice Armor and my storm/fire & tower shields on everyone. No one had to use any health at all. I even had time to throw some of my new Woolly Mammoth spells which did a lot of damage.

Still need my boots and hat, though!

:)

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Ice is master at survival so no question you survived. My fire level 80 couldn't have did what you did. That's why ice is strong. Last Last Last week i finished avalon, the hardest part i had to say was the morganthe battle. Good thing i had an ice with me to keep using dispels. We won. Good job. :)

Hero
Jan 24, 2010