Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Uniqueness gone?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
The main idea of Wizard101 is to have fun with family, and in doing so, you may choose different schools, spells, quests, and more. Soon, we get more complex with the release of Celestia. The level 48 spells become treasure cards or even amulets sold in Bazaar! After Celestia, we follow up with Zafaria, not offering much gear, but in my opinion, great world. Anyways, Zafaria let out level 58 treasure cards and amulets. But Avalon? Avalon has seemed to have broken the whole uniqueness thing entirely. First, before Avalon, were the permanent possible cards from the ninja's hoard pack which not only had a card in it only useable to Myths, but was unfair to people with no crowns. I understand they had a solution ti this, and while it did help a little, it still didn't solve our little problem with school uniqueness. The spells became drops. Don't ask me what boss, if their treasure cards, or what spells they are, cause all I know is their drops.

I don't like to complain, and I love this game cause I hardly EVER have to!

But now, AoG's are for all schools, which is great for most of us, but misbalances things. For example: "A death wizard get Frankenstine while a Storm wizard gets Sirens. Well, Sirens not only hits all, it hits them all with about as much or more than Frank. Frank hits and leaves a negative to the next healing spell.

I love this game, just please try to fix this. I understand if you can't, I just love the uniqueness the game had, what most MMO's dont.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
hunteray09 wrote:
The main idea of Wizard101 is to have fun with family, and in doing so, you may choose different schools, spells, quests, and more. Soon, we get more complex with the release of Celestia. The level 48 spells become treasure cards or even amulets sold in Bazaar! After Celestia, we follow up with Zafaria, not offering much gear, but in my opinion, great world. Anyways, Zafaria let out level 58 treasure cards and amulets. But Avalon? Avalon has seemed to have broken the whole uniqueness thing entirely. First, before Avalon, were the permanent possible cards from the ninja's hoard pack which not only had a card in it only useable to Myths, but was unfair to people with no crowns. I understand they had a solution ti this, and while it did help a little, it still didn't solve our little problem with school uniqueness. The spells became drops. Don't ask me what boss, if their treasure cards, or what spells they are, cause all I know is their drops.

But now, AoG's are for all schools, which is great for most of us, but misbalances things. For example: "A death wizard get Frankenstine while a Storm wizard gets Sirens. Well, Sirens not only hits all, it hits them all with about as much or more than Frank. Frank hits and leaves a negative to the next healing spell.

I love this game, just please try to fix this. I understand if you can't, I just love the uniqueness the game had, what most MMO's dont.

I respect your feedback which is intended for KI not for us.

The only thing I disagree is the comparison of Death and Storm. Storm has lower health and lower power pip ratio compare to Death. Damage is Storm specialty and Death specialty is to drain health from enemies.

Each school has their ups and downs...

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
ArmoredRaptor wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:

The only thing I disagree is the comparison of Death and Storm. Storm has lower health and lower power pip ratio compare to Death. Damage is Storm specialty and Death specialty is to drain health from enemies.

I'll have to agree with you on this, I was trying to give an example which ended up bad. But thanks for the feedback and I hope I wasn't too harsh in the post cause the last thing I wanna do is troll on KI and it's players

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
hunteray09 wrote:
ArmoredRaptor wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:

I'll have to agree with you on this, I was trying to give an example which ended up bad. But thanks for the feedback and I hope I wasn't too harsh in the post cause the last thing I wanna do is troll on KI and it's players

It's good to compare schools because this only shows their individuality, if thats even a real word. However i'd advice when comparing damage, try not to put storm in, nothing can really compare to storm thats why. Personally, i would take Frankenstein over Sirens anyday just for the draining health.

Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
hunteray09 wrote:
ArmoredRaptor wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:

You were not trolling, just stating your opinion in the nicest way possible, I do kind of have to agree with you,