Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm needs a comeback to PvP!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
I know what you are thinking, "oh storm is too overpowered, they got stuff like insane bolt and wild bolt" When the actual problem is that they are really getting badly nerfed. Now, I feel that KingsIsle must make the next "Storm Only" spell the most powerful! Storm needs to come back to PvP, because it should be the most hard hitting and the most hardest class to fight, not ice! Ice is turning into storm, but higher health, so I believe we should nerf ice, not storm! Please post your agreements or disagreements here.

David ShadowWalker Magus Myth level 36

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
I agree with you KI has been messing up storm very bad,low hit points,low pips,and spells getting down sized,thanks to so many PvPers crying about storm KI all but killed the school.

M.RedBlood Death school level 70

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Nerf Ice which is already one of the weakess schools, I disagree.
If you want to neaf any school it should be Fire or Myth, not a second ranked school like Ice.
Storm is the only school that can drain health faster than one can heal.
I'll repeat that, the only school that can do that.

If you are concerned about the Hp, get a pet with an extra 120 hp and the amulet for another 350 hp. Add that to a level 70's 2400 and you got 2850, almost what Myth and Death have.
Get your resist up to 40 percent, and you have a Wizard that can heal if needed and stay alive along enough to do combo and real damage.
Not hard to get 80% damage on a Storm, and you got a guided missle waiting to hit.
No one can live pass a few Wild bolts that go critical and a good combo.
That is the way Storm is, it comes in and does huge damage fast.
It it designed to be the way it is, a storm is not suppose to fight like Ice.
Do that and you will most likely lose, that simple.

Look around and you will see lots of Warlord Storm, even in 1v1.

Joe.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
Storm has been messed up for a while after what they did to wild bolt 10 or 100 or 1000 It might be good for other schools in pvp easier for them since we dont have that advantage of wild bolt but look at balance always using judgment in pvp we should have some kind of advantage besides hitting hard like other classes

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
Yup, on another site we have people ranting about everything Storm gets...

I myself disagree with the new Storm pet, and everyone else just start ranting about my feedback.

The sad truth is we have too many haters... They don't want Storm to get the fair-share like everyone else.

Those same people don't want us to get better pets or better spells...

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
People usually complain about the damage, in test everyone complains on attack, then in the arena everyone has shields so those complains not only made us weaker in pvp but now we suffer in pve.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Oh, how I disagree! Storm is already WAY too overpowered! And in case you haven't known, I happen to be a thaumaturge myself. Plus, there is storn warlords commander etc).

Jessica Sparklegem lvl 70 thaumaturge
Jasmine Fireblade lvl 70 pyromancer

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
Oh, how I disagree! Storm is already WAY too overpowered! And in case you haven't known, I happen to be a thaumaturge myself. Plus, there is storn warlords commander etc).

So you dont have a storm wizard? before you go judging schools you first should learn about them from the outside and the inside. You should go make a storm wizard then see how it is.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
AstroStorm wrote:
wizardgirl1840 wrote:

So you dont have a storm wizard? before you go judging schools you first should learn about them from the outside and the inside. You should go make a storm wizard then see how it is.

AstroStorm,

Guess what, I do have a Storm, Transcended also, I also have a Transcended Ice, plus a Blance, Death, and Myth. So when I say what I say, I know what I'm talking about.
I've PvP'ed for a long time.

Storm can win any match, within 6 rounds, and I have my head wrobbled many times by a Storm Wizard. I have also stopped many Storm Wizards also. Storm is the only wizard that can drain health faster than someone can heal, in almost all cases. There may be a few Life Wizards with insane criticals that could outheal a storm, but that would be few and far between.

Storm is designed a certain way, it has to hit hard and have a little luck.
It's high hitting power, combined with it's lower health and resist, but high Criticals, all balance the wizard out. There are many players that don't know how to play Storm, and do a terrible job of it. Those are the ones that say storm is not any good in PvP. I have seen many many Warlord Storm, it's just a hard Wizard to be consistant with.

Joe.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
david253804 wrote:
I know what you are thinking, "oh storm is too overpowered, they got stuff like insane bolt and wild bolt" When the actual problem is that they are really getting badly nerfed. Now, I feel that KingsIsle must make the next "Storm Only" spell the most powerful! Storm needs to come back to PvP, because it should be the most hard hitting and the most hardest class to fight, not ice! Ice is turning into storm, but higher health, so I believe we should nerf ice, not storm! Please post your agreements or disagreements here.

David ShadowWalker Magus Myth level 36

I am a Storm. I disagree. Storms alleged "nerfs" have had no dramatic affect. We still deal the most damage, and are devastatingly effective in the right hands. If any school get's the games most powerful spell, PvP on a whole will become broken. And the fact that one school should be dominant over the others, that's just wrong.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Lion359 wrote:
AstroStorm wrote:
wizardgirl1840 wrote:

AstroStorm,

Guess what, I do have a Storm, Transcended also, I also have a Transcended Ice, plus a Blance, Death, and Myth. So when I say what I say, I know what I'm talking about.
I've PvP'ed for a long time.

Storm can win any match, within 6 rounds, and I have my head wrobbled many times by a Storm Wizard. I have also stopped many Storm Wizards also. Storm is the only wizard that can drain health faster than someone can heal, in almost all cases. There may be a few Life Wizards with insane criticals that could outheal a storm, but that would be few and far between.

Storm is designed a certain way, it has to hit hard and have a little luck.
It's high hitting power, combined with it's lower health and resist, but high Criticals, all balance the wizard out. There are many players that don't know how to play Storm, and do a terrible job of it. Those are the ones that say storm is not any good in PvP. I have seen many many Warlord Storm, it's just a hard Wizard to be consistant with.

Joe.

See people? actually experiencing a school for yourself is a better way of determining a school's power and worth, more so than listening to other people who don't know the vital points in a school's gameplay. Thank you for giving a logical response towards storm.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, storm has been shockingly resurrected.

Storms new Healing current allows storm to easily heal themself and with the new Enfeeble spell, Storm is on it's way to new heights, even in 1v1 PvP.

These spells are exactly what storm has needed. Now, also, with certain new plants that drop great cards for storm, yeah, storm is on a huge uprise in PvP.

Be prepared to be shocked and defeated by storms in PvP once again!

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
darthjt wrote:
Well, storm has been shockingly resurrected.

Storms new Healing current allows storm to easily heal themself and with the new Enfeeble spell, Storm is on it's way to new heights, even in 1v1 PvP.

These spells are exactly what storm has needed. Now, also, with certain new plants that drop great cards for storm, yeah, storm is on a huge uprise in PvP.

Be prepared to be shocked and defeated by storms in PvP once again!

I've tested these new spells and i must say, they make pvp so much easier, now i can heal and reduce enemy damage without the use of life or shields, perfect.