Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks gear and level 70 gear

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 20, 2009
Has anybody noticed that the level 70 gear is actually worse than the waterworks gear?
This is arguable but I don't think the crown shop stuff is better than the waterworks gear. I was kind of hoping for something with a lot of extra damage, since the death waterworks gear is underpowered in that category (compared to the other schools). If anybody knows any better gear available via drop in zafaria please tell me.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
ambybob wrote:
Has anybody noticed that the level 70 gear is actually worse than the waterworks gear?
This is arguable but I don't think the crown shop stuff is better than the waterworks gear. I was kind of hoping for something with a lot of extra damage, since the death waterworks gear is underpowered in that category (compared to the other schools). If anybody knows any better gear available via drop in zafaria please tell me.

Yes. The level 70 gear is actually Crowns gear, made available as rare drops too. Crowns gear is usually not the top of the line (and personally I agree with that). Waterworks gear cannot be bought with real money, so the effort in obtaining, is equally rewarded in stats of gear.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, I guess it depends on whom you ask, some will say this is a personal preference, but I however disagree.

The best gear in game so far, is by far, still the waterworks gear. Maybe with some slight modifications some crafted gear.

Some people can argue until they are blue in the face, that gear over level 60 is better than waterworks gear, but I am not naive and can do actual math.

Even the crown gear and packs gear is not as good, except for the wands.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
I've heard this argument thousand of times since starting to play this game. Since understanding how more things work I do agree that the hat and chest from waterworks the best at this time. However I will not agree that the boots from waterworks are best in game. The boots are the biggest disappointment period... I chose to wear the hat and chest from waterworks and the bought crown boots. Yes the damage isn't very good on the bought boots so I hope to find better. But the waterworks boots not having critical is disappointing.... my opinion.... If you wear the whole set its years apart before you ever crit.. And sometimes a crit can save your life.... So it would be nice to see much improvement in at least the boots.

colagada wrote:
Waterworks gear is the best, in my opinion.