Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Marleybone, is it worth it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
When I was in MB, I relized that the world was not as good as it seems.
Exibit A: Where is the pet shop? I look ALL DAY for one and none are
in sight
Exibit B: Counterparts East and West are hard. I couldn't beat them without 2 of my friends at my side.
Exibit C: Kensington Park is the hardest spot EVER!!
So i don't think Mb is worth it.

- Justin SandFlame Lvl 46 Thaumaturge

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
dragopas64 wrote:
in sight
Exibit B: Counterparts East and West are hard. I couldn't beat them without 2 of my friends at my side.

Marleybone is required, so it matters not if you think it's worth it. Sorry.
A: there is a pet shop, behind the Mayor in Digmoore station.
B: You need to figure out how to do these dungeons. Mark, port and go back. They take time, but aren't that difficult.
C: Not a requirement, and shouldn't be attempted alone or under level 50-60.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
There is a pet vendor actually, just not a labelled shop. Behind the mayor is a set of steps leading to a pub, in there is a pet and card vendor. There is a new card for each school and three or four pets.

On the Counterweights, most final dungeons are built for groups and some can only be completed in groups (Warehouse for a Celestia Quest). Not everything can be soloed as this is an mmorpg, hence the second m standing for multi-player.

Kensington Park may be an early form KI used when planning Helephant Tower and the Water Works, they like to occasionally make tougher dungeons to give some hardcore players a good challenge, they made cheating bosses for the same purpose.

Hope this Helps!
-Ian StormStaff, Lvl 56 Diviner

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
I agree. I'm currently on Knight's court, and it took me forever to beat the ironworks. I think marleybone is a bit difficult, and that they should remove kensington park and maybe dr. katsentein's lab from the world. It would make marleybone an easier place.

Also the reason I think that they don't have a pet shop in marleybone, is because of the fact that dogs and cats ARE pets, and I think it would be insulting to the marleybonians. :)

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
The "pet shop" is down the stairs behind the Mayor in Digmoore Station. There's only a couple of pets and they're nothing special.

The Counterweights can be done solo, I did them by myself. You need to cut the fluff out of your deck and get down to business right away. Kensington Park is ment to be hard, but give yourself time. You're a 46, give yourself about 10 more levels and you'll run Kensington Park solo for the fun of it. Also, there are some great pet drops in the counterweights, big ben and KP

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
dragopas64 wrote:
in sight

Fair enough but:

The pet shop is right behind where you talk to the first guy, I believe the Mayor, in Digimoore Station down the stairs.

East and West can be trying but if you do solo and get defeated I believe you can reenter and be right where you left off defeated, meaning you don't have to repeat it all if you do it with in 30 mins., just like Big Ben you can also do this way.

Kennsington Park - a totally optional dungeon not needed to complete MarleyBone and move on to Mooshu, if you make the mistake of taking the quest, get the ticket and take the boat ride to there and it comes out of your book, no fighting needed.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Exibit A: Where is the pet shop?

My Advice: Enter Digmoore Station and go down the staircase near the mayor. Inside is A guy who has spells and another guy who has three pets for sale.

Exibit B: The Counterwrights are hard.

My advice: Just like you did. Round up a friend or two and you are good to go.

Exibit C: Kensigton Park is hard.

My Advice: It's supposed to be. Kengistone Park is supposed to be hard for the level you get the quest and is supposed to be quite hard.

Also, Marleybone is a main world so you have to do it in order to progress through the game and get into higher worlds.

Monica Swiftthorn
"Master of Balace"

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
dragopas64 wrote:
in sight

1. Well, actually there is a pet shop but its not "technically" in Regent's Square, its in Digmoore Station behind the mayor, go down the steps, through the door and talk to the man who looks like all the other clerks in MB 2. Counterweights East and West are simple, mark the bottom floor in case you die, after the second floor ( the first two with fighting ) you can go almost all the way up the staircase, go to the last little bit of fence and walk into it, it will move you around as long as you don't stop walking forwards into the fence until you get to the lever, pull it and start repeating the trick going towards the upper stairwell and saves you a fight. I admit the bosses are hard but in DS you have to fight those as the weaker monsters who walk in the street 3. Kensington Park IS NOT required to finish MB, it is a simple side quest and just go there, teleport out and tada you finished Tracy whats-her-face's quest so tada easy

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
I have something to say, though. I disagree with your comment, "Counterpart East and West are too hard."
I'm a Myth student and I soloed it easily. My main problems with MB were the Ironworks, and Dr. Katzenstein's. Ironworks did'nt give you enough room, and you got into atleast 10 battles on the streets without getting to the end of the map, and Dr. Katzenstein's lab was just too darn big, ecspecially for a lab. Though I loved the counterparts, and Big Ben.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
Is it worth it? the answer is YES! counterparts aren't really that hard until you get to bosses but thats not horribley hard ethier. kensington park is easy just wait till your level 50 or higher and that you have your level 48 spell and then your good to go. bottomline Marleybone is a great world, although there isn't any side walks on the roof tops and you might get into a unwanted battle but thats not major issue like some five year olds on the marleybone forum are making out of it.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
Yes, Marleybone is quite long. Yes, some sections of the world are extremely difficult. I had a friend help me through Counterparts East/West, as did you. Kensington Park is optional, and the Pet vendor is in Digmoore Station.
Wizard 101 is a multi-player game; if things seem to be getting tough whilst solo, message a friend. Almost always, someone will come to help you.

(:

.Alexis Crow - Level 42 Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
I loved Marleybone! I got there on my ice wizard at level 26 and it was actually pretty easy for me. If you're worried about sidewalks, just test out sticking to the end or the middle and find out which one works best for you. I found that staying to the side was helpful. If you're having problems with the bosses and dungeons, call a friend over. Keep trying until you get them! And if you just don't like the overall theme and style, just keep in mind that once you finish Marleybone you will move on to bright and cheery MooShu. Good luck, and happy questing!
Danielle Owlheart Level 34 Thaumaturge
Stephanie Deathstone Level 12 Necromancer
Kiley Lifeblossom Level 9 Theurgist
Sierra Mythcaster Level 3 Conjurer
Daniel Trollpants Level 2 Pyromancer