Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can We get an Unfair button?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
I have read many of the responses to the unfair match ups, I disagree with any supposed time issues, I have instantly been placed in extremely lop sided matches, especially with high level wizards using low level wizards as partners to achieve lop sided matches in which they dominate.
Can We get an Unfair button the first round, in which there is no penalty for leaving the match? Maybe after repeated unfair responses, those who have chosen to taint the experience may play on more level field?

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
No, this most certainly wouldn't work, sorry. Too many people would simply use it to get out of a fight they don't want to be in. Instead of standing up to a Transcended Warlord and maybe winning, a Grandmaster Private would simply give up the opportunity. It would be a tool too easy to abuse, and would badly damage PvP.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
artfld0dgr wrote:
I have read many of the responses to the unfair match ups, I disagree with any supposed time issues, I have instantly been placed in extremely lop sided matches, especially with high level wizards using low level wizards as partners to achieve lop sided matches in which they dominate.
Can We get an Unfair button the first round, in which there is no penalty for leaving the match? Maybe after repeated unfair responses, those who have chosen to taint the experience may play on more level field?

An Unfair Button, the only problem with that idea that I can see is, imagine this:

You first enter the match and see a completely fair match. Your opponent is someone with full commander gear that has been pressed with the Unfair button a number of times. You click the Unfair button, just because he has a lot of resist

Problems:
Warlords would never get a match

Abuse, major abuse.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Nope. I don't think this is a good idea at all. Imagine you're a level 60 and you want to get to Warlord, so you're doing Ranked PvP. You enter a match and are with a level 20, it's 2v2. and against you, you have two level 30's. They want a good title, so if it's not a guaranteed win for them, they'll just hit 'Unfair' and they're out. Now you have to wait for another match, and, surprise, surprise, the other team just clicks their 'Unfair' button and you don't get exp towards Warlord. At this rate, it will take 3-4 months to become a Knight. So no, not a good idea.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
i have read many responses to unfair button, why do not warlords fight other warlords? i strive to show my children fairness in the world, that under any circumstance they can achieve goals. sadly this effort lost on this, a family friendly site. i have considered requesting an automated response, enter an ifc for example, and in return a reply sent stating we do not wish to provide a fair playing field for our customers.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
I agree somewhat. On my level 15 Balance wizard, I did a ranked 4v4. All my teammates were around my level, like they should be. The opponents, however, were level 36. Now tell me, was that fair? I don't think an unfair button would best to solve this, however.