Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance is general

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
Now, being a balance wizard, I think balance is awesome, but, at the same time I think we're weak. I mean, our level 48 spell, Power Nova, is nothing comapred to the other level 48 spells. Our final spell Hydra, which damage barely does anything unless you gargantuan it. Now, our level 58 spell, Ra, was improved majorly, as people have been afraid of it in PvP, but it is still weak compared to all of the other level 58 spells, and now, our new spell, the level 68 spell Chimera, is WEAK, i eman, the animations are cool, but still. Is there anyone who thinks balance is strong or weak. And if so, why?

Nathan-Legendary Sorcerer
Quin Emeraldblossom-Adept Necromancer

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Balance isn't weak. Not at all. They are medium based, but can be played strategically and as support. Their black mantle spells, bladestorm, and their elemental/spirit blade/traps provide balance with multiple tools to dance with an opponent. At first, yes your base damage is pretty small and your gear doesn't provide much attack boost in the early levels. But all of that changes once you enter celestia. Your attack boost pushes up dramatically the seemingly low base damage of your spells. Also keep in mind that the only thing that players have to defend against balance is a tower shield or weakness. So the damage from a balance attack isn't going down anymore than -50. While with other schools they have to push beyond -70 shields. Your power novas base damage, I would like to see an increase in that damage a bit. It does seem a little low, but it is an attack all and is really cool as it stamps everyone with a weakness after the strike.

Honestly though I would rather be hit with Ra than be hit with Judgement. Ra isn't scary.

You also have amazing health, really. I wish I could have 3200+ health and an inherent accuracy of 85%. And you also have those wicked cool heals over time, Healing and Availing hands.

But think of Hydra and Chimera. They are three hits in one! So while you have the balance element which can only be guarded against by towers and weakness, you also have three hit multi attacks that can rip through shields for big damage. Also remember adding your balance blade on top of your element/spirit blade boosts your hydra/chimera hit by a lot! So no, those spells are not weak if you are patient enough to build on their damage.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
Balance isn't weak. Not at all. They are medium based, but can be played strategically and as support. Their black mantle spells, bladestorm, and their elemental/spirit blade/traps provide balance with multiple tools to dance with an opponent. At first, yes your base damage is pretty small and your gear doesn't provide much attack boost in the early levels. But all of that changes once you enter celestia. Your attack boost pushes up dramatically the seemingly low base damage of your spells. Also keep in mind that the only thing that players have to defend against balance is a tower shield or weakness. So the damage from a balance attack isn't going down anymore than -50. While with other schools they have to push beyond -70 shields. Your power novas base damage, I would like to see an increase in that damage a bit. It does seem a little low, but it is an attack all and is really cool as it stamps everyone with a weakness after the strike.

Honestly though I would rather be hit with Ra than be hit with Judgement. Ra isn't scary.

You also have amazing health, really. I wish I could have 3200+ health and an inherent accuracy of 85%. And you also have those wicked cool heals over time, Healing and Availing hands.

But think of Hydra and Chimera. They are three hits in one! So while you have the balance element which can only be guarded against by towers and weakness, you also have three hit multi attacks that can rip through shields for big damage. Also remember adding your balance blade on top of your element/spirit blade boosts your hydra/chimera hit by a lot! So no, those spells are not weak if you are patient enough to build on their damage.

Yep as a balance myself I know that if you build it up you can do major damage. I know that one time I have hyra built up so much that each one took over 3000. Thats with feints for all 3 and hex for all 3. Treasure cards of all kinds and other boosts with balance blade and elemental traps and blades. Balance can be powerful you just have to work at it. I cant wait to try the new spell when it goes live. :D :D

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Ice32 wrote:
Now, being a balance wizard, I think balance is awesome, but, at the same time I think we're weak. I mean, our level 48 spell, Power Nova, is nothing comapred to the other level 48 spells. Our final spell Hydra, which damage barely does anything unless you gargantuan it. Now, our level 58 spell, Ra, was improved majorly, as people have been afraid of it in PvP, but it is still weak compared to all of the other level 58 spells, and now, our new spell, the level 68 spell Chimera, is WEAK, i eman, the animations are cool, but still. Is there anyone who thinks balance is strong or weak. And if so, why?

Balance is by no means weak and neither is Chimera. Whether the final version is 310 per head (103.3 damage per pip) or it stays at the current 340 per head (113.3 damage per pip), it does more than 100 damage per pip vs. the current 95 per pip for hydra. My legendary balance is sitting at 68% balance damage boost. Assuming it stays at 340 per head and with a spirit blade, a balanceblade, and my gear boost, the damage goes from 340 per head (1020 total) to approximately 963 per head (2889 total). When you consider that it shreds through shields and you consider that when facing balance, most people currently double tower shield to guard against judgement, that is a fierce spell. Lets consider a different aspect, however... the new armor pierce stat.

With the ability to modify a spell to cut through resist (with a treasure infallible and a treasure unstoppable you can get a pierce value of 35%) the three headed attack becomes extremely dangerous. For heaven's sake, that cuts the typical dual 70% shield in half and nullifies or almost nullifies the typical gear resistance values. Think about that for a minute. From second position and assuming a myth amulet you could cast shatter and even if they have a dual shield they can cast on the following round your follow up attack will still deal a significant blow on the third head.
Combine this with hydra and the rest of the rest of the spells in the balance arsenal and you have an extremely difficult to defend against school. Oh, and lets not forget about balance PvE enemies. Even if they cast 50% spirit shields, an armor piercing chimera will both slice through those shields and get you that extra "boost" damage as well.

Truly, balance is a formidable school.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Ice32 wrote:

I have a legendary balance too and i love it...it can be tricky to play but we can boost people really well...i love the reaction of storm people when i buff them with everything i have and they make a great hit! its not always about who hits the most, we do have some decent spells and i just wish we had better traps and blades to boost our own spells...all in all though it takes a while for balance to get good, but its my favorite now