Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Field Spell

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 02, 2009
As wizards, we have many types of spells: wards, traps, attacks etc. I am here to introduce a new type of spell: the field spell! You will probably think that it is the same as the global spell, but it is not! Here is why:

1. The global spell focuses on damage boost. The field spell focuses on resist.
2. The global spell is on the outside of the circle. The field spell is on the inside.
3. The global spells are mostly 2 pips (with the exception of life). All of the field spells are 4 pips.

These are all of the field spells:

Fire- Searing coals
Appearance- Countless black coals spread on the inside of the circle. If an Ice spell is casted, they turn red and steam.
Stats- 0% for fire, 10% for ice, and 6% for everything else.

Ice- Blanket of snow
Appearance- A thick layer of snow. If a fire spell is casted, it turns into ice.
Stats- 0% ice, 12% fire, 9% everything else.

Storm- Ominous fog
Appearance- A thick layer of fog. If a myth spell is casted, lightning crackles in the fog.
Stats- 0% storm, 8% myth, 4% eveything else.

Balance- Pure white feathers
Appeaarance- A layer of white feathers.
Stats- 0% balance, 8% everything else.

Life- Dried leaves
Appearnce- Dried leaves scattered on the ground. When a death spell is casted, they come back to life.
Stats- 0% life, 11% death, 7% everything else.

Myth- Cobblestone road
Appearance- A cobblestone road. When a storm spell is casted, the stones turn dark.
Stats- 0% myth, 10% storm, 8% everything else.

Death- Field of ashes
Appearance- A field of pure black. When a life spell is casted, bones come out of the ashes.
Stats- 0% death, 9% life, 7% evrything else.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
stinkybug123 wrote:
As wizards, we have many types of spells: wards, traps, attacks etc. I am here to introduce a new type of spell: the field spell! You will probably think that it is the same as the global spell, but it is not! Here is why:

2. The global spell is on the outside of the circle. The field spell is on the inside.
3. The global spells are mostly 2 pips (with the exception of life). All of the field spells are 4 pips.

Fire- Searing coals
Appearance- Countless black coals spread on the inside of the circle. If an Ice spell is casted, they turn red and steam.

Ice- Blanket of snow
Appearance- A thick layer of snow. If a fire spell is casted, it turns into ice.

Storm- Ominous fog
Appearance- A thick layer of fog. If a myth spell is casted, lightning crackles in the fog.

Life- Dried leaves
Appearnce- Dried leaves scattered on the ground. When a death spell is casted, they come back to life.

Myth- Cobblestone road
Appearance- A cobblestone road. When a storm spell is casted, the stones turn dark.

Death- Field of ashes
Appearance- A field of pure black. When a life spell is casted, bones come out of the ashes.
Is this only for the person and team casting it, or is it for everyone? But i think this would make pvp a lot more fun! Just make a better graphic for the balance and myth ones.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Very Interesting, except it could create come riot in PvP due to the resist.
But other then that, these are very creative and great!

:D~KSB

Defender
May 17, 2011
awesome! i really do not like the life though ( I is sorry ) because for some odd reason i think that this will make people think even more often that life is for just for girls and gardening. how about for life something else like, oh, an animal :)?

Saffron Firehunter level 37 Life Wizard

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Alexander5335 wrote:
stinkybug123 wrote:

Fire- Searing coals

Ice- Blanket of snow

Storm- Ominous fog

Life- Dried leaves

Myth- Cobblestone road

Death- Field of ashes
Is this only for the person and team casting it, or is it for everyone? But i think this would make pvp a lot more fun! Just make a better graphic for the balance and myth ones.

These spells are just like global spells in the fact that they apply to everyone. For example, all ice attacks casted while the searing coals spell is active will be weakened.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
stinkybug123 wrote:
Alexander5335 wrote:
stinkybug123 wrote:

Fire- Searing coals

Ice- Blanket of snow

Storm- Ominous fog

Life- Dried leaves

Myth- Cobblestone road

Death- Field of ashes

These spells are just like global spells in the fact that they apply to everyone. For example, all ice attacks casted while the searing coals spell is active will be weakened.

Then i completely love this idea! And sure it may cause a riot in pvp but its been a while since "game changer" spells have been added :-)

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Yeah I really like these! How about when you enter battle PvE only the field spell casts automaticlly after doing a quest that lets you do that. The first person that joined has their field spell casted automaticlly with no pips! Just throwing that out there.

Aaron Drakewalker Legendary Pyromancer