Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 68 spell ideas. :)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
Hello. This is my first post.

Anyway, I wanted to share my lvl 68 spell ideas.
These are all 9 pip spells. The new lvl cap would be 70.
The new world could be Weirwood or Mirage.

Life: Gaia - 765-820 life damage. Casts a 60% sanctuary.

Myth: Harpy - 30, than 670 myth damage to all enemies.

Death: Thanatos - 950 death damage, convert half to health, 90% to next dmg spell, 50% to next damage spell to self. (Feint.)

Fire: Pyro Demon - 600 + 375 fire damage over three rounds.

Ice: Frozen Naiad - 840-890 ice damage, 30% tower on enemy, 80% tower on self.

Storm: Storm Siren - 1085 storm damage, casts 40% darkwind.

Balance: Anubite - 270 Fire dmg, 270 Ice dmg, 270 Storm dmg. Elemental shield to caster.

Here are spells that would be given after future worlds or quests depending on school. (things such as beguile and frosbite for example, which are after krokotopia.)

Life: Divine Light - Plus 60% for next two healing spells.
Pips: 4

Myth: Disorient - Prevents shields being cast for 3 rounds.
Pips: 5

Death: Sinister Bond - Take 550 Death damage, to give 40% Deathblade to caster, and 35% deathtrap to enemy.
Pips: 3

Fire: Fireflower - 30% Fireblade to all friends, 30% Firetrap to all enemies.

Ice: Glacier - Disable charms, traps and wards on all enemies for 3 rounds.

Storm: Static Cling - 25% storm trap to all enemies for 3 rounds.

Balance: Solstice - Plus 60% to next Fire, Ice, and Storm attack, plus 20% to next Fire, Ice and Storm attack to self. (Elemental Feint)

Ok, so I edited this post, and have changed the spells a little. I hope they are good now.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
earthwizardofdeath wrote:
Life: Gaia - 875-935 life damage. Removes all charms and shields from target.

Wow, this makes no sense. First, the attack is really strong disregarding the effect. Second, the effect is so out of Life's element. Removing wards are Myth's medium and removing charms are Storm's medium. Also, and maybe it's just me, but I hate the idea of using a major goddess from Greek mythology as the focus of this attack.

Good.

Death: Thanatos - 900 death damage, covert half to health, then convert half of health back to damage.

Way too involved. a simple drain spell would suffice.

Fire: Fiendfyre - 800 fire damage, 480 fire damage over three rounds.

*sigh* First, the initial attack is always weaker than the DoT attack, so it should be 480 + 800 over 3 rounds. Second, this is ridiculously overpowered. The fact being that it's a DoT spell and that Pyromancers have opportunities to boost their attack through their equipment this attack is just not acceptable. I'm not even gonna address the fact that Fiendfyre was taken from the Harry Potter series and therefore would open KI to copyright infringement.

Ice: Crystaline Essence - 850-900 ice damage, stun for two rounds, 25% tower on enemy, 70% tower on self.

This makes me think you're a Thaumaturge because you made this the strongest spell out of all the other schools. First, you know what I'm about to say: this is a bit too strong for Ice. Second, the stun is somewhat useless at the point the spell is given since pretty much everything will be stun immune. Third, although I like the Feint-esque Tower Shield effect, I don't think it fit here very well. Lastly, what the heck is "crystalline essence"?

Storm: Storm Siren - 1000 storm damage, 270 storm damage over three rounds.

Like I said when I replied to your comment on my ideas, the "storm" isn't really needed since Sirens are beings of the sea, and even though the name is Storm it has a lot to do with the sea. The attack is fine, but I strongly dislike non-Fire DoTs especially with Storm since it's so out of character for a Storm attack. Just 1270 damage would be great and would make more sense.

Balance: Anubite - 890-920 balance damage, all the school shields (not tower) to self.

For a second I thought you meant 'Anubis', then I looked it up and saw that it was yet another monster stolen from another source. You can't be doing this; KI will not accept ideas that are plagiarized. That being said, the attack is too strong; not only in damage, but in effect. It really annoys me that everyone wants a spell that casts all the schools shields at the same time. First, that's really unfair, and second, the shields would be pretty much useless.

Life: Devine - Plus 70% for next two healing spells.

Uh, 'divine'? Anyway, this is just not doable. The standard is +40%, not +70%. A +70% to next healing spell would make it impossible to win PvP, and that would be catastrophic.

Myth: Disorient - Prevents shields being cast for 4 rounds.

Make it 3 rounds. That seems to be the magic number.

Death: Horror - stun target for 3 rounds. 120 death damage over three rounds.

That's just unfair.

Fire: Fireflower - Plus 20% fire damage for next 4 spells
Pips: 2

So it's a stronger version of Fuel. Lame.

Eh...I guess this is good.

An AOE version Fuel? Lamer.

Balance: Solstice - Plus 30% to next Life, Myth, Death, Fire, Ice, and Storm spell.

I believe I addressed my feelings about this already.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
I apoligize for Fiendfyre. Yes, now that I look at it, the Harry Potter series owns that name. What about, Flaming Revenant? or Flaming Horror?

I think Anubite is acually in egyptian mythology as well, but i could be wrong. Yes i know that Age of Mythology has an Anubite creature. Its just the idea of another egyptian god makes my annoyed. Maybe, Sand Jackel?

Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
"Wow, this makes no sense. First, the attack is really strong disregarding the effect. Second, the effect is so out of Life's element. Removing wards are Myth's medium and removing charms are Storm's medium. Also, and maybe it's just me, but I hate the idea of using a major goddess from Greek mythology as the focus of this attack."

The lvl 58 life spell was Forest Lord, doing around 600 damage to all enemies. Well, as the lvl 68 spell, for another pip, it does around 900 damage to only one enemy. And about the effect, well other people tend to make these random effects that wouldnt really be useful. Removing Charms and Wards in my opinion seems fair, and also because I think it fits the name, because Gaia is made of strong earth and rock. And I dont think life wants another healing spell. Btw Zephr (or something like that), is way too unpredictable, it might heal a friend that has full health, and leave the defeated one still defeated, and it might attack an enemy that dosnt have any traps for example. And the balance lvl 58 spell has a major legue egyptain deity going on so......idk.

"Good."

Thank you.

"Way too involved. a simple drain spell would suffice."

Yeah but, just a simple drain spell would be boring. Basically, this spell does 1025, and heals for 450.

"*sigh* First, the initial attack is always weaker than the DoT attack, so it should be 480 + 800 over 3 rounds. Second, this is ridiculously overpowered. The fact being that it's a DoT spell and that Pyromancers have opportunities to boost their attack through their equipment this attack is just not acceptable. I'm not even gonna address the fact that Fiendfyre was taken from the Harry Potter series and therefore would open KI to copyright infringement."

Hate to burst your bubble, but last time I checked, fire dragon had the initial damage higher than the Dot. I like its like 440 + 351 damage. About the damage, well since the initial attack is bigger than the Dot, It can be blocked. If you sucseed in blocking the initial damage, the rest of the attack isnt that devestating. And altogether, it only does around 1280. I guess it could be lowered. I didnt know about the copyrite infringment. I though it was more widely spread. Maybe...Flaming Horror?

"This makes me think you're a Thaumaturge because you made this the strongest spell out of all the other schools. First, you know what I'm about to say: this is a bit too strong for Ice. Second, the stun is somewhat useless at the point the spell is given since pretty much everything will be stun immune. Third, although I like the Feint-esque Tower Shield effect, I don't think it fit here very well. Lastly, what the heck is "crystalline essence"?"

Yes, I have a low lvl thaumaturge, only lvl 11. But i enjoy my Balance and Lfe wizards more. Yet again, you seems to realize that single target attacks can be stronger that regular attacks. The lvl 58 ice spell was snow angel, doing a total of 760 dmaage to all enemies, and its a Dot! So the average of 875 to one enemy, is totally fair, and it also costs another pip. The stuns i think will be pretty useful. Myths spell medusa stuns for two rounds, and people say that is pretty useful, so idk. And the idea from feint moved over to sheilding in my opinion is a good idea. Idk how its out of place. Pretty much the spell is a huge burst of ice magics. Shielding friend and foe, damaging, and freezing some enemies solid. The name, symbolizes The tianium crystal clear power of ice.

"Like I said when I replied to your comment on my ideas, the "storm" isn't really needed since Sirens are beings of the sea, and even though the name is Storm it has a lot to do with the sea. The attack is fine, but I strongly dislike non-Fire DoTs especially with Storm since it's so out of character for a Storm attack. Just 1270 damage would be great and would make more sense."

Let me make this short. The name sounds cool with storm in front. They could have used "shark" because they live ni the sea, but they used storm shark because it make more sense. As for the Dot, i wanted t symbolize the residing affect of electrocution (if there even is one) and i think storm deserves a Dot.

"For a second I thought you meant 'Anubis', then I looked it up and saw that it was yet another monster stolen from another source. You can't be doing this; KI will not accept ideas that are plagiarized. That being said, the attack is too strong; not only in damage, but in effect. It really annoys me that everyone wants a spell that casts all the schools shields at the same time. First, that's really unfair, and second, the shields would be pretty much useless."

I pretty sure Anubites are from egyptian mythology too. And yes i know about how age of mythology had anubites. But i didnt want to say anubis becasue then balance gets yet another god, and i didnt want that. I think Anubite seems fine. As for the damage, it doesnt seem that high. It averages out to 905 dmg. Well, considering that balances last attack was an attack that was too all enemies and was around 600 dmg, around 900 to one enemy seems pretty fair to me. About the sheilds, how is it unfair if you say its useless? Btw, the shields are only going to be 50% ones. Just like the Spirit and Elemental shields, just all at the same time. Thats the advantage of balance.

"Uh, 'divine'? Anyway, this is just not doable. The standard is +40%, not +70%. A +70% to next healing spell would make it impossible to win PvP, and that would be catastrophic."

Well all players can get a feint trap, which boosts damage by 70%. So life can tget something that can booste their healing? I guess spamming this might be annyoing, knowing that if you dont kill them right away they will regenerate to full health. But thats what life is about. Just use infections.

"Make it 3 rounds. That seems to be the magic number."

yeah i guess you posted before the edit. I edited it too 3 rounds.

"That's just unfair."

How is it unfair if you said earlier if stuns wont matter? Anyway, its just to bid you some time to heal or trap if you have lots of pips.

"So it's a stronger version of Fuel. Lame."

Well, spells gotta get stronger sometime right?

"Eh...I guess this is good."

Yep. Though i might change it to only two rnds. BUt i guess at five pips its fair.

"An AOE version Fuel? Lamer."

I think it works.

"I believe I addressed my feelings about this already."

K, its supposed to be only three. And all it is is elemental trap ans spirit trap together in one spell. each cost one pip, so haveing the luxury of all of the traps at three pips is totally fair. Besides, since balance is partially a support group, this could really help players out. Thats what balance does.

So I believe I stated my points fairly. And btw, Your Major Blessing healing card is toally unfiar. Life wont need nything else. At zero pips that is way to much healing. And about the siren animation, i think yours is a little too creepy. Have you noticed that all the things with swords dont actually stab you? It seems like mystical energy comes froms here blade or something. Eg. Evil Snowman, Skelatel Pirate, Collusus.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
The lvl 58 life spell was Forest Lord, doing around 600 damage to all enemies. Well, as the lvl 68 spell, for another pip, it does around 900 damage to only one enemy. And about the effect, well other people tend to make these random effects that wouldnt really be useful. Removing Charms and Wards in my opinion seems fair, and also because I think it fits the name, because Gaia is made of strong earth and rock. And I dont think life wants another healing spell. Btw Zephr (or something like that), is way too unpredictable, it might heal a friend that has full health, and leave the defeated one still defeated, and it might attack an enemy that dosnt have any traps for example. And the balance lvl 58 spell has a major legue egyptain deity going on so......idk.

Sorry, I thought the attack was an AOE. I was like, "What?! Are you nuts?!" I get that some attack effects aren't exactly helpful, but they're school-appropriate. This is just so out of Life's element. Can't you think of another one? I'm sorry, but I don't see the correlation between Gaia and the attack effect. Okay, Zephyr is not going to be random. You'll be able to pick any target whether it's an ally or an opponent. Please disregard my opinion about major deities in attacks; I guess it's just something I'll have to get over.

Yeah but, just a simple drain spell would be boring. Basically, this spell does 1025, and heals for 450.

What does "boring" have to do with anything? It's all about spell length. If anything, all that converting will bore people.

The new version is fine in my opinion.

Hate to burst your bubble, but last time I checked, fire dragon had the initial damage higher than the Dot. I like its like 440 + 351 damage. About the damage, well since the initial attack is bigger than the Dot, It can be blocked. If you sucseed in blocking the initial damage, the rest of the attack isnt that devestating. And altogether, it only does around 1280. I guess it could be lowered. I didnt know about the copyrite infringment. I though it was more widely spread. Maybe...Flaming Horror?

Eh...okay. It should be lowered a bit though. What's Flaming Horror? That is one thing that I can't stand: ambiguous attack names.

470 doesn't divide evenly over 3 rounds; it equals 156.7. It's still a bit strong in my opinion. I think Fire shouldn't pass the 1000 mark just yet.

Yes, I have a low lvl thaumaturge, only lvl 11. But i enjoy my Balance and Lfe wizards more. Yet again, you seems to realize that single target attacks can be stronger that regular attacks. The lvl 58 ice spell was snow angel, doing a total of 760 dmaage to all enemies, and its a Dot! So the average of 875 to one enemy, is totally fair, and it also costs another pip. The stuns i think will be pretty useful. Myths spell medusa stuns for two rounds, and people say that is pretty useful, so idk. And the idea from feint moved over to sheilding in my opinion is a good idea. Idk how its out of place. Pretty much the spell is a huge burst of ice magics. Shielding friend and foe, damaging, and freezing some enemies solid. The name, symbolizes The tianium crystal clear power of ice.

Again, I thought your spell was an AOE. I get your point, but you can't make it just a little weaker? Like, 795- 830? I don't know, maybe it's just me. The Medusa spell is useful now because the next world hasn't been added yet. I've been playing my Diviner and every time I use my Storm Lord the stun effect is pretty much useless. In the case that it's a single attack, the Feint-like effect fits. I just wish it was a separate spell because I rather like it. As for the name, I like your reasoning behind it. However, it's kind of unfair and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I think the Feint-like effect is enough; the stun is a bit much.

Let me make this short. The name sounds cool with storm in front. They could have used "shark" because they live ni the sea, but they used storm shark because it make more sense. As for the Dot, i wanted t symbolize the residing affect of electrocution (if there even is one) and i think storm deserves a Dot.

Yes, but what's the difference between sharks are sirens? One is a fish, while the other is a mythological being with actual powers. 'Shark' is kinda vague, but 'siren' certainly is not.

Thanks for getting rid of the DoT effect. I think the damage should be a little higher though. 1100?

I pretty sure Anubites are from egyptian mythology too. And yes i know about how age of mythology had anubites. But i didnt want to say anubis because then balance gets yet another god, and i didnt want that. I think Anubite seems fine. As for the damage, it doesnt seem that high. It averages out to 905 dmg. Well, considering that balances last attack was an attack that was too all enemies and was around 600 dmg, around 900 to one enemy seems pretty fair to me. About the sheilds, how is it unfair if you say its useless? Btw, the shields are only going to be 50% ones. Just like the Spirit and Elemental shields, just all at the same time. Thats the advantage of balance.

I looked up anubites on Wikipedia and got Age of Mythology. I looked it up on Google and got the same thing. Sorry, but I don't think it's a real mythological creature. I agree with you on having two gods in a row, which is why I chose Sphinx.

I much prefer this attack and effect.

Well all players can get a feint trap, which boosts damage by 70%. So life can tget something that can booste their healing? I guess spamming this might be annyoing, knowing that if you dont kill them right away they will regenerate to full health. But thats what life is about. Just use infections.

Your comparing apples and oranges though. Feint boosts incoming damage to your opponent by 70%, but also boost incoming damage to you by 30%. This just puts two +70% to next outgoing heal spells on the caster. That will be abused in PvP.

yeah i guess you posted before the edit. I edited it too 3 rounds.

Cool.

How is it unfair if you said earlier if stuns wont matter? Anyway, its just to bid you some time to heal or trap if you have lots of pips.

Well, that beings up another concern: if stuns won't matter, how useful is this spell? I know how you meant it to be used, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's how it will be used. This spell should just be named "shortcut to chain stunning".

The edit doesn't make it any better. If anything, the edit turns this into an attack spell rather than a utility spell.

Well, spells gotta get stronger sometime right?

I get that, but it's more of an update to Fuel than a full-out different spell.

Yep. Though i might change it to only two rnds. BUt i guess at five pips its fair.

I think 5 pips for 3 rounds is fair.

I think it works.

It works, but it's just so unoriginal.

As for Solstice, I like the spell. However, it's usually Death's medium to put their life on the line in order to be victorious. Just saying.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
"For a second I thought you meant 'Anubis', then I looked it up and saw that it was yet another monster stolen from another source. You can't be doing this; KI will not accept ideas that are plagiarized.

Unless the Anubite monster in this game is majorly copyrighted, it could probably be used, as the Anubite were Anubis' servants in Egyptian mythology.

Explorer
May 07, 2009
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I do not like Disorient or Glacier.

Well, it is not just that, they seem 'weird' to me. Idea is good, but I just don't see the good implementation of these.

Disorient has a nice effect. But you spend 5 pips for 3 rounds? I don't know, that seems a bit ... off, I think.

Same issue with Glacier. Now, including charms and traps is ok, but ... well, I just don't see people spending 5 pips to prevent traps/wards/charms being cast for 3 rounds.

I'd say for either of those spells, maybe 3 or 4 pips, but 5 I think is too steep.

Horror. I understand it does not come with damage, but only 4 pips for a three turn stun? Medusa needs 8 pips to stun for 2, with a bit of damage. Well, I think that is just too cheap. And besides, the resulting stun block could easily be taken out with multiple death wizards spending 2 little power pips on Horrors.

I'd say the cost for a three turn stun should be at least 6 pips.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Hello. This is my first post.

Anyway, I wanted to share my lvl 68 spell ideas.
These are all 9 pip spells. The new lvl cap would be 70.
The new world could be Weirwood or Mirage.

Life: Gaia - 765-820 life damage. Casts a 60% sanctuary.

Death: Thanatos - 950 death damage, convert half to health, 90% to next dmg spell, 50% to next damage spell to self. (Feint.)

Fire: Pyro Demon - 600 + 375 fire damage over three rounds.

Ice: Frozen Naiad - 840-890 ice damage, 30% tower on enemy, 80% tower on self.

Storm: Storm Siren - 1085 storm damage, casts 40% darkwind.

Balance: Anubite - 270 Fire dmg, 270 Ice dmg, 270 Storm dmg. Elemental shield to caster.

Here are spells that would be given after future worlds or quests depending on school. (things such as beguile and frosbite for example, which are after krokotopia.)

Life: Divine Light - Plus 60% for next two healing spells.

Myth: Disorient - Prevents shields being cast for 3 rounds.

Death: Sinister Bond - Take 550 Death damage, to give 40% Deathblade to caster, and 35% deathtrap to enemy.

Fire: Fireflower - 30% Fireblade to all friends, 30% Firetrap to all enemies.

Balance: Solstice - Plus 60% to next Fire, Ice, and Storm attack, plus 20% to next Fire, Ice and Storm attack to self. (Elemental Feint)

Ok, so I edited this post, and have changed the spells a little. I hope they are good now.

For a first posting, it was impressive. With the way thing are going as a Legendary, I get nervous when entering Waterworks (Crab Alley) and the Helephant (Wysteria), because I need assistance and cause interesting problems for my teammates wanting to hurry before the enemies do more damage or I run out of mana.

Timothy Pearlflower Legendary Ice