Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks updates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
when waterworks was updated with mega snack drop rates i thought "Oh i'm gonna get a ton of mega pet snacks." sadly this was not the case. since the update i've done waterworks 5 times maybe more and i've gotten ZERO mega pet snacks. i would like kingsisle to adress this problem.

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
I would like to refer you to the following thread located under the Pets section of the forum index, entitled Waterworks Pet snacks by Yeryortez:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/40607.ftl

Don't expect KI to respond is basically what I'm saying. Many of the posts in that thread are impulsively posted and mostly driven by frustration, but for every one of those you'll see, there are at least 3 others that prove excellent points as to why the snack update happened in the first place, and why KI will not respond or fix this in the future.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I do not support what KI did at all. Other than spending 2,500 crowns for mega snacks, KI removed all other methods of obtaining them other than gardening (for those that can easily afford to spend each and every single waking day maintaining plants) and spending 2 hours inside Waterworks. In which, I may add, not every group will even make to the final boss.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Historian
May 01, 2010
stormschool99 wrote:
Um, No.
I got 5 mega snacks in one run (2 from Luska, 3 from sylster)

and the reason you got that, is because they took off the garuntee, so now it is on par (eh more or less) with other drops, and that resulting, if you get lucky, you can get more than one.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
stormschool99 wrote:
Um, No.

Mega Snacks, meaning rank 8 or 9 snack, not rank 5 or 6...

Some people are so funny...

Anyway, you are lucky if you get 2 mega snacks in a run in Waterworks now, but more than likely, you will only get 1 or none... Best of Luck to you!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
darthjt wrote:
stormschool99 wrote:
Um, No.

Mega Snacks, meaning rank 8 or 9 snack, not rank 5 or 6...

Some people are so funny...

Anyway, you are lucky if you get 2 mega snacks in a run in Waterworks now, but more than likely, you will only get 1 or none... Best of Luck to you!

Ok, i got 2 rank 8 snacks, and 3 cauliflowers in the run. I ust count cauliflowers as a mega snack because my pet likes it and does a lot of xp boost. sorry for the mix up. And YOU are the funny one, not me...

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
I would like to complete Waterworks, but sadly have been coming up short. I was in the process once to beat it, but when I had one to go an had went to go back in, some wizards joined me, and I lost all that progress.

Since that time, I have not been able to do the quest.

Timothy Pearlflower, Legendary Ice

Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
It's not just the snacks. The gear drop rate was changed also. I have run my fire wiz through there 12 times and still no gear. Thanks for that KI. You always find a way to irratate and disapoint your subscribers.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Once upon a time, Waterworks was filled with Legendaries of all Schools... They would hoard outside by the Sigil in every realm... Everyone looking and getting a team together!

Now, It is a baren wasteland! Sure, few people are there, to get their gear, or the die hard, I think I might get lucky and get a mega snack players! But for the most part, Waterworks is nothing like it used to be...

That said, good luck finding a team to complete waterworks, if only KI would have listened to the players and just added 2 guaranteed mega snacks to sylster, everything would have been great... But No, we are being punished and KI is getting the last laugh... Or are they? I know I have lost a few friends that stopped their subscriptions so far, wonder how much of a burn they are truly feeling?