Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Get rid of the victory dance

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
you know, the very first time that you see your character do that victory dance at the end of the battle it MIGHT be cool.

About the 500th time, it's not only not cool, it's highly annoying.

IF the characters MUST do something to celebrate their win, how about a random assortment of cheers, jumps for joy, high fives, fist pumps, and other animations instead?

But better yet, get rid of the "celebratory animation" completely and let the PLAYER decide how their character reacts to winning a battle. There ARE emotes for just such a purpose.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Nah. I like the little victory dance at the end, and it's not like you have to stay in that place and dance. You can just walk away.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
crystalwizard12345 wrote:
you know, the very first time that you see your character do that victory dance at the end of the battle it MIGHT be cool.

About the 500th time, it's not only not cool, it's highly annoying.

IF the characters must do something to celebrate their win, how about a random assortment of cheers, jumps for joy, high fives, fist pumps, and other animations instead?

But better yet, get rid of the "celebratory animation" completely and let the player decide how their character reacts to winning a battle. There ARE emotes for just such a purpose.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with your view. You probably don't play a lot of RPGs (Role Playing Games), if you have an issue with the 'Victory Dance'. In standard RPGs (Random Battle Generated ones) when you finish a battle, your 'Team' does a Victory Dance, or moves based on the 'Character's' Personality. Perhaps KingsIsle can add an Option in the menu to select your Character's Victory Action in the Advanced Play Options, but as it is right now, the automatic 'Dance' command at end of battle is not something to be whined about, as its standard RPG action.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
The thing I hate is when we go into "ghost mode" after each battle and we have to wait about 15 seconds until it goes away. I think we should be able to jump and then it goes away.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
the victory dance is cool, and i level 56, so i have have won lotsa battles. It's fun to watch, plus think of the young kids

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
stinkybug123 wrote:
The thing I hate is when we go into "ghost mode" after each battle and we have to wait about 15 seconds until it goes away. I think we should be able to jump and then it goes away.

You'd hate it more if there was no ghost mode and many times when the battle ended, you just wound up in another trash fight when you don't want to be.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
stinkybug123 wrote:

That "ghost mode" has saved my life too many times to count. It stays.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
stinkybug123 wrote:

That "ghost mode" has saved my life too many times to count. It stays.

Perhaps that's something else that can go into the 'Advanced Gameplay Options': Ghost Mode: Off - 5 Seconds - 10 Seconds... You shouldn't need more than 10 Seconds to get back onto a sidewalk, I'd think.

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
crystalwizard12345... wrote:

But better yet, get rid of the "celebratory animation" completely and let the PLAYER decide how their character reacts to winning a battle. There ARE emotes for just such a purpose.

I do decide how I react after a battle. I am not frozen in place for the remainder of the jig. If you choose to sit there and watch it, then come here and complain about it... all I can ask you is 'why?'
Sure, I dont need to see it every time. So i dont.

Pro tip: Tap your 'w' key once you win a duel. I know, you can thank me later.
Pro tip #2: Adhere to the jiggle billy axiom and commence the jigglin'

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Johnist wrote:
Perhaps that's something else that can go into the 'Advanced Gameplay Options': Ghost Mode: Off - 5 Seconds - 10 Seconds... You shouldn't need more than 10 Seconds to get back onto a sidewalk, I'd think.

Why does every one suggest an Advanced Gameplay Options update? Why can't you just be patient?

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
you know, the very first time that you see your character do that victory dance at the end of the battle it MIGHT be cool. About the 500th time, it's not only not cool, it's highly annoying. IF the characters MUST do something to celebrate their win, how about a random assortment of cheers, jumps for joy, high fives, fist pumps, and other animations instead? But better yet, get rid of the "celebratory animation" completely and let the PLAYER decide how their character reacts to winning a battle. There ARE emotes for just such a purpose.
The dance is kinda silly. Maybe they could just modernize it- have our characters do 'The Robot' or something. That would be amusing for a while...

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
The dance is kinda silly. Maybe they could just modernize it- have our characters do 'The Robot' or something. That would be amusing for a while...

"Modernize it"? The Robot's older than I am.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Johnist wrote:

Why does every one suggest an Advanced Gameplay Options update? Why can't you just be patient?

Honestly, I am usually patient, but it can be frustrating when you're trying to collect x of y from mob z and you keep having to wait because of the ghost mode. Also, you can still access AGO through the options menu in battle.

Historian
May 28, 2009
IF you don't want the victory dance, simply have a mount, after battle, it will 'port' to you and there's no dance! :D

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
This is why I got a mount.

Hunter LegendWraith level60 necromancer

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
I don't actually think the victory dance is a big annoyance. If you hate it then after whatever you are fighting gets defeated and you start dancing, run out of the circle the second the battle circle fades away. Or you just buy a mount and it will automatically stop you from doing the victor dance by popping you back into your mount,