Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is there an ice blade for ice wizards?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 31, 2008
Is there an ice blade for ice wizards? My ice wizard has reached lvl 31 without receiving one, and Prof. Greyrose does not appear to have one for me. I would really like one to boost blizzard and frostbite, which would require several ice traps to get the same result. I trained Elemental Blade from Niles, which helps, but I would prefer a zero pip blade just for ice.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Well my friend is level 40 in mb. He has never gotten one. Rarely seen but I think he took first place in highest health and level for krotkopian he was level 39 when he got out I think. Highly rare if you ask me.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I know when you reach level 6 and have to go see Diego to fight that golem in the arena that you use an ice blade that adds 40%. Thats the only place I have ever seen it. Perhaps it could be a treasure card?

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
Yes there is an ice blade. But we get it around the upper level 40's.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to kill off some monsters cause you have to hit them twice to finish them off, unlike some schools who can one-hit them. But look on the bright side, We're the students that can take a beating but keep on ticking. We're not exactly the type who goes down quickly.

Try casting the many shields we have while building up pips to cast our bigger spells. It makes the battles last longer but in the end, we come up on top.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
Glad to hear there is one, although by upper 40's lvl I would expect to have largely shifted away from multi spells like blizzard (which would benefit hugely from a blade) in order to let individual wizards do long term buildup on individual foes. Yes the blade will help with long term buildup, but now in upper 20s/lower 30s when multi attacks are a big part of my strategy I could sure use it. The O'Leary rats have a 40% ice blade; it's not like you have to be a master to cast it lol.

Thanks for the pointers, lupan. My ice character is having way more trouble with the roofs of Marleybone than my balance wizard did, even with the higher base health. It's not that I haven't learned to take my time and maximize damage per pip. That has been one of my strengths in balance, but has been more about buffs than shields. I'll try slowing down even more, shielding lots more, maybe have my balance char make a stack of Helping Hand treasure cards for my ice girl so I can last longer.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2008
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
yes, you get it at lvl 38 but you got to do a quest for it.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
What quest is it? I'm only level 10 and 20 something but I want toI know before I get to that level.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
we wizards should get iceblade early. ice does have the weakest attacks anyway.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
To bad you cant make the blades treasure cards. Would be cool to have for secondary school...yes and I know you can make a balance blade, but man that is a lot of work and time consuming. I like to do crafting but man it does get to be to much...later.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I think I took 2nd in the highest level in places. Because in the Krokosphinx I was level 26-30, in TOS (Tomb of Storms) I was levels 30-32. And I was in Marleybone levels 32-40. I was in MS when I was levels 40-46. I usually get to places later then others.
~Caroline Sunbright~
Master theurgist level 49

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
The only one that's a treasure card is balance blade.

I edited this last time because of "oops"

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
boombox600 wrote:
we wizards should get iceblade early. ice does have the weakest attacks anyway.

well ice is lucky and gets a blade that gives them 40% more strength along with ice's acuracy it is actually the best time to get it cause it is needed to kill monsters in dragonspyre
its weird fire and storm have bad accuracy and bad blades while ice has good accuracy and good blades

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I use Blades from Treasure bought from Library. I have played Life and Storm and Death to Grand masters, I will soon have a Fire Grandmaster and Balance. But out of all my wizards Ice is and still is the hardest one to bring up through the ranks. His spells are weak, and to compensate you might have higher health But take for example Yesterday I fought in Moo Shu a Boss with a friend. I fizzed four times and had an abundance of pips I guess I had fifteen to more pips, but what good is pips if all you do is fizz? What good is high health if all you do is fizz? My friend ended up killing the Boss while i did wand hits. Next fight I didnt even try I just used wand hits and sheilds. Ice is the worst wizard I have played in the game and I wll play him to Grandmaster but when i need room in my school for a new wizard he will be the one to go. If you want a challange in the game try Ice, They are frustrating and like my Ice friend that plays with me said it is not fun anymore. No it gets where fizzing and not hitting is no fun. So often we leave Ice and play other wizards or go play other games because we need the relief from Ice.
I am not saying here Ice is no good, I am saying it is a challange, One that can get on your last nerve, and make you stop playing for the day. Lack of Blades, and Fizz rate, plus weak spells, I have it a little easier because there are two of us playing Ice as partners and two Blizzards will kill but if they place sheilds last minute the fight goes on and on, Throw in fizz and the whole thing is frustrating. So dont say I dont know I do, I play my Grandmaster life, Storm, Death, and soon to be fire and Balance, they are fun to play. Ice in early stages is not fun at all. But Challangeing.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
Darkblood1 wrote:
I use Blades from Treasure bought from Library. I have played Life and Storm and Death to Grand masters, I will soon have a Fire Grandmaster and Balance. But out of all my wizards Ice is and still is the hardest one to bring up through the ranks. His spells are weak, and to compensate you might have higher health But take for example Yesterday I fought in Moo Shu a Boss with a friend. I fizzed four times and had an abundance of pips I guess I had fifteen to more pips, but what good is pips if all you do is fizz? What good is high health if all you do is fizz? My friend ended up killing the Boss while i did wand hits. Next fight I didnt even try I just used wand hits and sheilds. Ice is the worst wizard I have played in the game and I wll play him to Grandmaster but when i need room in my school for a new wizard he will be the one to go. If you want a challange in the game try Ice, They are frustrating and like my Ice friend that plays with me said it is not fun anymore. No it gets where fizzing and not hitting is no fun. So often we leave Ice and play other wizards or go play other games because we need the relief from Ice.
I am not saying here Ice is no good, I am saying it is a challange, One that can get on your last nerve, and make you stop playing for the day. Lack of Blades, and Fizz rate, plus weak spells, I have it a little easier because there are two of us playing Ice as partners and two Blizzards will kill but if they place sheilds last minute the fight goes on and on, Throw in fizz and the whole thing is frustrating. So dont say I dont know I do, I play my Grandmaster life, Storm, Death, and soon to be fire and Balance, they are fun to play. Ice in early stages is not fun at all. But Challangeing.

I think ice is a great school with a lot of potential. The fact that it resists all school while boosting it's own damage and accuracy is great! The fact that it has a strong trap and blade is also a plus. Not to mention the tower shield, ice armor, and the tons and tons of Health the ice wizard can potentially get (3400 by level 50).
Ice's accuracy is 80%, that's 10% higher than storm's. I don't see how you can complain about ice's fizzling after playing a storm. I have a level 50 Storm myself, and since it was my first school, I've never complained about fizzling with any other school! I teamed up with a Pyromancer though, and had plenty of crowns for potions and henchmen, so I did have a much easier time than most would.
Quick Tip- If you're going to solo with Ice, expect it to go slow. Ice is a very slow and steady school.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
You get your Ice Blade at level 38. I have run quite a few Ice wizards, most just for fun. I have a Grand Ice, as well as a Grand in every school but Myth...I even have two Grands in a couple schools. I also have another Ice I am working on slowly with a family member who can't be on too much and is also running an Ice wiz.

I don't think Ice is any more difficult to run than any other school. Before my first Ice wizard I thought I would hate it cause of the slow build-up, but it actually turned out to be my second favorite school by the time I finished it. Storm was my first(and favorite) and I really didn't see, and still don't see, a lot of difference on fizzle between the two schools. Ice, to me, was just as bad for a lot of the game as far as that goes. And by the time Storm reaches Grand, even if you only wear the level 50 robe , it helps greatly. I would say my Grand Ice and Grands in Storm are about even when it comes to that. Myth and Balance also seem to fizzle quite a bit, in my opinion and experience. But it also depends what area you are in and who you are playing with. These things really do effect your accuracy. Sometimes this is a good reason to solo, as well, as others can mess your own accuracy up...though not on purpose, it's a built-in thing.

My best suggestion with Ice is to take Death up to Feint as your secondary school. This increases the power of the attacks greatly. Until you have Feint or your blade it is just a bit more challenge, but that is what I have so much fun with while bringing up Ice wizards. I sort of made it my goal to have a very strong Ice wizard. I was even getting hits around 10,000 with Ice Wyvern. If you have a pet with a blade or trap that can increase your damage that will really help to do this until you get high enough to get Feint. ALSO make sure and get the Amulet with the two ice traps. These traps can be stacked with the traps you already have and you will get an even higher hit yet. And of course make sure and get Elemental Blades from the Balance tree, Niles.

If you do all that you will have a VERY strong Ice wizard.

The fun thing with Ice is that with all that health and shielding you CAN take your time building up to an awesome hit without worrying you might get killed too quick.