Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeat Jotun again??????????

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2011
I just spent an hour or so defeating Jotun. We were succesful. I got presents. Jotun and his pals dissapeared but I still have the quest!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was that a serious waist of time or what????????
I get this a lot with quests. Is there a bug or something??

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Did you kill Jotun and die, then left and healed before coming back? if so, you will not get credit for Jotun's kill, since you had to join a new battle when you teleported back, one that didn't have Jotun in it.

In other words, battle circles don't hold your place. If you leave a battle without completing it, your progress in that battle is lost. Harsh, I know, but that's just how it is.

If that's not what happened, you should post what actually happened, so KI or other posters can determine if it's an actual bug or not.

Survivor
May 28, 2011
There were 3 of us. We all ported in and out. But, yes, I think it did port out after Jotun was killed cause he was the first big one to die! I am not sure if the others did. They got the quest right though....
I know now, that you can defeat the brothers in the Warrens first, but what happens if you did not get a quest to do that?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
estellarosa wrote:
There were 3 of us. We all ported in and out. But, yes, I think it did port out after Jotun was killed cause he was the first big one to die! I am not sure if the others did. They got the quest right though....
I know now, that you can defeat the brothers in the Warrens first, but what happens if you did not get a quest to do that?

You don't get a quest to defeat the brothers. Only a quest for Jotun. Defeating the brothers in their dungeons only makes the fight easier with Jotun.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
estellarosa wrote:
I just spent an hour or so defeating Jotun. We were succesful. I got presents. Jotun and his pals dissapeared but I still have the quest!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was that a serious waist of time or what????????
I get this a lot with quests. Is there a bug or something??
Your lucky you defeated him. i am stuck on him.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
estellarosa wrote:

you must kill everyone, not just jotun, then the quest will move on

devin ravenmask, level 44 myth

p.s. if you see a victory sign and your avatar is dancing, then your quest will most likely move on. if not, then it is a BUG

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Wait you mean if I attempt to kill off one at a time and I die I have to face all 4 of them again So is there anyway this can be done solo and live

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
spiritwalker888 wrote:
Wait you mean if I attempt to kill off one at a time and I die I have to face all 4 of them again So is there anyway this can be done solo and live

You don't have to kill all the brothers. Only Jotun.

If you defeat his brothers in their dungeons first, you will only face Jotun and his minion. If you don't defeat his brothers first, you will face all the brothers at the same time.

If you are defeated, flee and come back during the fight with Jotun there is a possibility that the quest will not update after his defeat. So do not die or make sure someone heals you.

The brothers do not reappear if you die while attempting to do another brother's dungeon. They will reappear (in Jotun's room) if you die and wait a long period before attempting the dungeon again (I'm not sure how long the wait is).

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
spiritwalker888 wrote:

I don't think there's any way to live solo in the Jotun battle, unless you keep healing yourself and somehow live! xD I offer to help you. Keep posting!

Christina Earthleaf Level 45 Theurgist (Life)

In other words, Mist737