Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Server Shutting Down

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 27, 2011
I understand that there are updates that need to be done in the game. Like the new world coming. And I do love it that we are given a head notice about it, but I don't think it is enough time. My reason being is that on the last server shut down, the 15 minute head notice came to me while I was in a dungeon. I did finish it in time, luckily. But I was thinking what if someone was in the middle of a dungeon quest? And what if it were Sunken City? That one tends to take the longest, out of the ones I have been to.

I think an hour head notice is great. This way, if members are in a dungeon they can finish quickly and in time. Also, if a member wanted to enter a dungeon, if they got an hour head notice then they would know to wait on it and do it another time.

Just my thoughts. I don't know if this has been brought up to attention yet.

Thanks,
Lucid

Administrator
We do try to give you as much notice as possible.

When you run the game, the window that comes up that allows you to enter your login and password has the downtime notification six hours in advance.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Aug 11, 2009
Thank you for the advance notice when we login, but if a wizard enters the game before the notification is posted the fifteen minute warning may still cause problems in completing a dungeon.

Yes, I love the game so much that I have played the game for many, many, many hours in a row as the real world goes on by. I particularly like to play from evening until the sun rises. Since I have no one to yell at me to get off the computer, I may play a game for more than twelve hours straight.

I would request one of the following:

1) A thirty minute notification be added in the game, so wizards would be better able to complete a dungeon.

Or

2) A notification be placed at the top of the other items of news in the login screen. Let wizards know 12 or 24 hours in advance of a shutdown – (unless these shutdowns are not planned that far in advance).

(Yes, I know that I play the game a lot. I have ten accounts US, two UK, and two DE. So with the most recent server shutdown – after playing for seven hours US – I switched to DE and for a number of hours worked on my wizards there.)

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
rolo527 wrote:

(Yes, I know that I play the game a lot. I have ten accounts US, two UK, and two DE. So with the most recent server shutdown – after playing for seven hours US – I switched to DE and for a number of hours worked on my wizards there.)

What are these accounts you speak of for US, UK, and DE? What is the difference between each of those?

Seth

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
DreamLucid wrote:
rolo527 wrote:

What are these accounts you speak of for US, UK, and DE? What is the difference between each of those?

Seth

The game you are playing is the US version. Under agreement with KI, Gameforge operates the United Kingdom (UK) and Deutschland (DE - Germany) versions which are at least one update behind the US version.

The three versions of the game are separate entities. So if you play the other versions, you are starting over and developing a new set of wizards. Your subscriptions and crowns cannot be applied to the other versions. It is in effect playing three separate, but nearly identical games. To play the German (DE) version, you don’t need to understand German.

If anyone is interested in the United Kingdom version of the game, here is the link:

http://en.gameforge.com/games/wizard101

If anyone is interested in the German version of the game, here is the link:

http://en.gameforge.com/news/wizard101/Wizard101.makes.its.magical.appearance.in.Germany/4

Click on the link in the news story and setup an account with Gameforge, download and install the client, click on the Wizard 101 icon on your desktop (make sure it is correct version of the game that you want to play), and have fun. I have three icons for the game on my desktop – “Play Wizard 101” (US), “Wizard 101 UK”, and “Wizard 101 DE”. The login screens are different, yet it will remember your username (US) / email (UK and DE), if you have “remember…” checked.

Here are the direct links to the various websites:

http://www.wizard101.co.uk/wizard101_en/game/

http://www.wizard101.de/wizard101_de/game/

As of this post you are able to play (Wizard City (but not Sunken City), Krokotopia, Marleybone, MooShu (called Muhong), and Dragonspyre) on the German version for free. I do not know how much longer this free access will continue.

I have already worked two wizards through Malistaire on the DE version and am developing two more.

The UK version had free access during the royal wedding and then allowed players to unlock Wizard City and Krokotopia for free.

I have come across US players on the UK and DE versions of the game. Some have even paid for access to these other versions while maintaining their paid status in the US version.

There is one funny “glitch” in the DE version: in Dragonspyre upon completing a particular quest (I forget which one), you are speaking with a female NPC, when suddenly her voice becomes a deep German male voice for one page of text and then she returns to her normal female voice.

So check Gameforge for news on what is happening with the other versions of the game.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)