Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lvl 70 spells idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
i was thinking about lvl 70 spells and this is what i came up with

Fire: Heatwave, 100 and 900 over 3 rounds to all; a sun is over the desert and you can see the ground smoking then the wind pushes sand over the enemies.

Ice: Arctic Water, 700 to all and stun for 2 rounds to all; the battle field turns into water with glaciers and it rises, then it drowns the enemies in cold.

Storm: Stormgator, 1400 and destroys al charms; the battle field becomes a lake and then a storm alligator comes out it it pulls back its head and then throws lightning at the enemy.

Life: Tree of Life, 200 per pip heal to allies and 500 spirit armor; just like rebirth but the tree of life drops a fruit for each ally and it cracks open giving health and spirit armor.

Death: Black Hole, steal 750 from all and divides evenly to all allies; the battle field goes dark like space and a black hole forms it takes health from all then gives it to allies.

Myth: Mount Olympus, 700 and steal blades to all; mt olympus forms out of the ground and the gods jump off and get huge they use there powers on the enemies then their blades are given to user.

Balance: Majestic Scale, 900 heal self or 1200 attack; a balance scale pops up one side is a leaf on other is a fist, one of them will become heavier and it is used.

I hope everyone likes these spells.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
isi13dro wrote:
Fire: Heatwave, 100 and 900 over 3 rounds to all; a sun is over the desert and you can see the ground smoking then the wind pushes sand over the enemies.

The attack is a bit too strong for Fire. Also, the animation seems more suited for a Balance spell since it seems like Ra and sandstorm mixed together.

Ice: Arctic Water, 700 to all and stun for 2 rounds to all; the battle field turns into water with glaciers and it rises, then it drowns the enemies in cold.

Not safe for a family game, in my opinion.

Storm: Stormgator, 1400 and destroys al charms; the battle field becomes a lake and then a storm alligator comes out it pulls back its head and then throws lightning at the enemy.

Hmm...I like that idea, but I think there are too many Storm spells that are Storm spells just because they've been tailored for Storm (ex: Thunder Bats, Thundersnake, Stormzilla, etc.), so I'm not 110% for it. I think it should be a DoT though because it's coming off very Leviathan.

Life: Tree of Life, 200 per pip heal to allies and 500 spirit armor; just like rebirth but the tree of life drops a fruit for each ally and it cracks open giving health and spirit armor.

Okay, major rule of spell ideas: never say "it's like ___" because that is the kiss of death. It will automatically warrant the reader to say, "Well, how is this gonna be different?" Also, the spell is way too strong. It's a Dryad AOE for crying out loud! That is not gonna fly in PvP. This needs to be scrapped in my opinion. Also, my Theurgist has enough healing spells. I really don't need any more.

Death: Black Hole, steal 750 from all and divides evenly to all allies; the battle field goes dark like space and a black hole forms it takes health from all then gives it to allies.

If Death all of a sudden learns the ability to directly steal life from enemies, I think it should start small. This shouldn't be an AOE in my opinion. I don't know about the animation though; I just don't see it working out very well. I like the idea, but the animation needs to be better.

Myth: Mount Olympus, 700 and steal blades to all; mt olympus forms out of the ground and the gods jump off and get huge they use there powers on the enemies then their blades are given to user.

This spell is doing too much. It's just way too over the top for a Lvl. 70 spell. Also, why does it steal blades from all enemies? Myth's medium is getting past shields and other debuffs, so it wouldn't make sense for them to all of a sudden be capable of a Fire ability. For me, this needs to be scrapped as well.

Balance: Majestic Scale, 900 heal self or 1200 attack; a balance scale pops up one side is a leaf on other is a fist, one of them will become heavier and it is used.

The concept makes total sense, but it doesn't seem worthy of a Lvl. 70 spell title, and it's way too strong for a Balance spell. Also, the name sounds a bit cheesy, I say you should consider changing it.

Final Thoughts: You're off to a good start. Definitely the best start I've seen in a while. Just consider the medium(s) of each school when you're thinking of ideas.

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
isi13dro wrote:

This seems more like a balance spell-- sand, sun, desert? Not fire.

Drowning people is not a "family-oriented" spell.

Storm: Stormgator, 1400 and destroys al charms; the battle field becomes a lake and then a storm alligator comes out it pulls back its head and then throws lightning at the enemy.

Destroys ALL charms seems just a tad bit overkill, don't you think? And 1, 200 base damge seems a little less overpowered. I like the general idea, though.

Maybe life would like a powerful DAMAGE for a change? This seems pretty much the same as rebirth, minus the change in animation! It's almost the exact same thing as dryad!

No, no, no. Healing allies is a life thing. Also, black hole is black and dark, I get that, but it really has nothing to do with death. Scrap the idea and start over. (750 from all enemies isn't too bad of an idea, though.)

Waaaaaaaay overpowered. Why would it steal blades? Myth's thing is getting rid of wards, right? Maybe they could have a minion spell? (don't know if this would go over too well with the general community, just like life has a lot of heals, myth has a LOT of minions.) Just scrap it.

Change the name. I like the healing/ damge idea, very balance-ey. Waaaaaay too overpowered for balance though, consider 650 health and 900 attack?

Comments: These are, I will admit, one of the better sets of spell ideas I've seen. LOVE the balance one, lol. I urge you to use our ideas (mine, Akihiro's, and anyone else's that you think are good). With a little polishing, these spells could really turn into something nice!

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance

Survivor
Mar 20, 2011
thats kinda cool but dont ya think you can make lvl "70" turn into 68? i mean you only get pets at a certain 48, 58, 68 :P XD lol

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
maidatomata wrote:
thats kinda cool but dont ya think you can make lvl "70" turn into 68? i mean you only get pets at a certain 48, 58, 68 :P XD lol

My thoughts exactly. It's really annoying going through the game and getting a spell when you're on your way out of the world. I even think Lvl. 68 is a bit high. Maybe Lvl. 65?

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
your spell ideas are either to strong not family friendly and the animations are off for that school sry but its the truth

blaze legendary pyromancer

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
You people sicken me. First you give the steal charm ability that only pyromancers (and those who can plymorph ninja pig) get to Myth! Then, you make the storm spell 400 damage stronger than the fire spell. And what rank spells were you planning these to be? Because I know a lot of thaumaturges who would be very angry to get a spell that does 60 less base damage than their rank 8 spell. and to all of you commentors, The fire spell does fit in the fire school: what is the sun? a giant ball of fire! So it seems fit that for once somebody actually takes that into account with their spell ideas. And also, you underpower most of the schools! In case you haven't noticed before, fire actually has the stronger single target spell, the Heckhound! You seem to favor the storm school, and i get that because so many of my friends think that the diviner in my school is more powerful than me even though i beat him, but dude, you have to realize that the schools are supposed to be balanced.

Rogan dragonflame, Legendary pyromancer and author of the destined ones

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
the stun seems more like stormy. shouldnt there be instead of stun FREEZE for ice?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Phoenixtail wrote:
You people sicken me. First you give the steal charm ability that only pyromancers (and those who can plymorph ninja pig) get to Myth! Then, you make the storm spell 400 damage stronger than the fire spell. And what rank spells were you planning these to be? Because I know a lot of thaumaturges who would be very angry to get a spell that does 60 less base damage than their rank 8 spell. and to all of you commentors, The fire spell does fit in the fire school: what is the sun? a giant ball of fire! So it seems fit that for once somebody actually takes that into account with their spell ideas. And also, you underpower most of the schools! In case you haven't noticed before, fire actually has the stronger single target spell, the Heckhound! You seem to favor the storm school, and i get that because so many of my friends think that the diviner in my school is more powerful than me even though i beat him, but dude, you have to realize that the schools are supposed to be balanced.

Actually no, they're not supposed to be balanced. Hence the Balance school. Also, the sun is not "a big ball of fire" as you assumed. It's much more complicated than that (which is why it's the focus of two Balance spells), and if you paid attention in Science class you'd know that.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
Phoenixtail wrote:

i completely agree with you

blaze legendary pyromancer