Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please change the words of this card.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
The empower card reads "300 death damage to self for 3 pips (Can't crit self.)" I agree this spell should NOT be able to critical but the card should not SAY "Can't crit self". As many wizards are starting on death for their first time around the game and don't know what a "critical hit" is and this is confusing them.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Part of playing any game is learning the language, and crit/critical will become apart of the game later on. If they are confused they can ask questions, besides if KI doesn't spell out "crit" or "not crit" then there will be those crying foul to KI over it occuring or not without notice. Beside it gives new wizards something to look forward to later when they do get critical ability. Besides it isn't that confusing of a concept to begin with.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
bravevline wrote:
The empower card reads "300 death damage to self for 3 pips (Can't crit self.)" I agree this spell should NOT be able to critical but the card should not SAY "Can't crit self". As many wizards are starting on death for their first time around the game and don't know what a "critical hit" is and this is confusing them.
then wizards who do have critical ratings may be weary to use the spell because they won't know if they can possibly critical themselves. The new death mages will learn eventually what critical hits are, anyway. -eli and crew

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Necromancers get Empower at Lvl. 38. I don't think it really needs to be changed because it'll only be a matter of time till they find out what it means.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
bravevline wrote:
the card should not SAY "Can't crit self". As many wizards are starting on death for their first time around the game and don't know what a "critical hit" is and this is confusing them.

That's nonsense.

Anyone that's confused by that is going to either ignore it or ask. I'm guessing about 95% or better who see that card already know what a crit is and have played games that have critical hits. It needs to say that.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
bravevline wrote:
then wizards who do have critical ratings may be weary to use the spell because they won't know if they can possibly critical themselves. The new death mages will learn eventually what critical hits are, anyway. -eli and crew