Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Revisit Malistaire

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Those of you who have already completed the Final Countdown quest in Dragonspyre may want to revisit your final duel with Malistaire, as we have updated that encounter to tell more of the story in a more cinematic experience.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Those of you who have already completed the Final Countdown quest in Dragonspyre may want to revisit your final duel with Malistaire, as we have updated that encounter to tell more of the story in a more cinematic experience.

Thanks Kingsisle for updating it! It looks so much better! :D

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
haven't completed that quest yet, but hopefully by the time I get there it's as good as everyone says...

Master Pyromancer, level 44, Allison DawnBringer

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
The new Malistaire drama is well rendered in video format. It's a great improvement over the old scenario (although I will miss emoting along with the characters). I got some excellent screenshots of Sylvia Drake. Did anyone realize how lovely she was? So sad that she died at such a young age.

Thanks, KI, for updating the Final Countdown. Gotta say it looks FABULOUS on a big, big, big high definition tv screen :-)

Iridian/Moira/Scarlet/qbb

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I found doing the dungeon again, interesting to noted the differences, but in my opinion didn't seem worth it for the cinematic, guess I was expecting more.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2011
I have a question, how do i unlock celestia?
I have defeated malistaire and done most of the quests in dragonspyre.

Bye! Dakota Dreamstone

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Survivor
Feb 03, 2011
tinkertwink100 wrote:
haven't completed that quest yet, but hopefully by the time I get there it's as good as everyone says...

Master Pyromancer, level 44, Allison DawnBringer

Its fine that you havent finished the quest yet and dont worry you will get there...actually we will get there together but i already beat malistaire with my friends....it is really good and we have a lot to look froward too!
hope to see ya around ds :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
queenlybluebean wrote:
The new Malistaire drama is well rendered in video format. It's a great improvement over the old scenario (although I will miss emoting along with the characters). I got some excellent screenshots of Sylvia Drake. Did anyone realize how lovely she was? So sad that she died at such a young age.

Thanks, KI, for updating the Final Countdown. Gotta say it looks FABULOUS on a big, big, big high definition tv screen :)

I wish i was in ds but im still in krokotopia cuz i really wanna see how sylvia looks

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
queenlybluebean wrote:

Thanks, KI, for updating the Final Countdown. Gotta say it looks FABULOUS on a big, big, big high definition tv screen :)

I'm like you- I take screenshots ALL the time; I even farm there almost 24/7, just to watch that cinematic. Maybe it's just because I'm a writer, but seeing that whole arc come together, combined with the plot drama re: Malistaire/Sylvia is what really makes the experience incredible, almost surreal.

Re: Sylvia Drake: Yes, she is lovely. It looks like she did die young... and from a common cold, of all things. How tragic! I totally understand why it drove Malistaire off the rails, having to let her go. What a heartwrenching, achingly-beautiful concept- I'm not an emotional person, but I wanted to cry at the end when she said, "come with me, my love... you can rest now". It broke my heart!

My hat is off to the genius behind that storyline, so if one of the admins reads this, please pass along my admiration and respect to that writer. :)

Laura Shadowsong
Legendary Sorcerer/ president of the Malistaire Drake Fan Club.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2010

That's so cool it's so much better now, and more dramatic. :-o :D

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
I just finished it for the first time and I must say, it was absolutely beautiful.

Sophia AshHeart
Level 52 Balance
Briskbreeze Champion

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
professer um well i wanted to ask is this update gonna make malistare stronger becouse i beat him lvl 25 easy. And morganthe was well she ran away from battle so i beat the final dungeon solo at lvl 38. or can you make a new final boss that isnt death at least. i love death but fighting death isnt much so plz make a new one or make him stronger he is too easy plz one of you guys answer me plz ki

Survivor
Mar 10, 2011
ricky2221 wrote:

Bye! Dakota Dreamstone

You have to be level 48 and then headmaster will tell you to go there

Historian
May 28, 2009

It will be better if the mouths moves!

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
ricky2221 wrote:

Bye! Dakota Dreamstone

If you hit level 48, Headmaster Ambrose will call you. If you got the quest to defeat the darn boss General Stormclaw and whatever the last boss is in the warehouse, that one is optional.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2011
Survivor
Jul 29, 2010
I haven't made it to Mallistare yet but my friends on wizard 101 who completed the quest say its really cool! I really want to make it to Mallistare so i am trying extra hard to get there. I am really excited that they updated so maybe i will be able to see it updated when i make it! :)
Nicole Firetail

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
mikeydogs22 wrote:
I haven't made it to Mallistare yet but my friends on wizard 101 who completed the quest say its really cool! I really want to make it to Mallistare so i am trying extra hard to get there. I am really excited that they updated so maybe i will be able to see it updated when i make it! :)
Nicole Firetail

I'm in the time of creating drake armor for my hatched drake, so I hope I just a tidbit away from Malistaire. I'm running tests and buying all sorts of prisms and traps to try to kill Malistaire and his minions in a one-hit kill with scarecrow. Yeah I know, really ironic of having the Master of Death getting killed with a Scarecrow.

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
Fin3cy6 wrote:
mikeydogs22 wrote:
Nicole Firetail

I'm in the time of creating drake armor for my hatched drake, so I hope I just a tidbit away from Malistaire. I'm running tests and buying all sorts of prisms and traps to try to kill Malistaire and his minions in a one-hit kill with scarecrow. Yeah I know, really ironic of having the Master of Death getting killed with a Scarecrow.

um... what update? and yep your close if you're making drake armor...you actually get to ride a young drake once you have the armor

Survivor
May 13, 2010
Fin3cy6 wrote:
ricky2221 wrote:

Bye! Dakota Dreamstone

If you hit level 48, Headmaster Ambrose will call you. If you got the quest to defeat the darn boss General Stormclaw and whatever the last boss is in the warehouse, that one is optional.

Getting into Celestia is way too easy now. Advanced players should endure the Archives dungeon to gain access to CL. I understand it is very difficult, but if we had to beat it to progress in the game, the player would have a great sense of accomplishment and take on the harder worlds yet to come. Not to mention this dungeon helps teams strategize and learn how and when to attack at proper times

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
devodepo wrote:
Fin3cy6 wrote:
ricky2221 wrote:

Bye! Dakota Dreamstone

Getting into Celestia is way too easy now. Advanced players should endure the Archives dungeon to gain access to CL. I understand it is very difficult, but if we had to beat it to progress in the game, the player would have a great sense of accomplishment and take on the harder worlds yet to come. Not to mention this dungeon helps teams strategize and learn how and when to attack at proper times

Not every player is capable of playing advanced and Celestia should not be exclusive to these players to see and try. For starters there would be hardly any menu chat people there, not that there is anyway. Have you ever tried one of these towers where you can not communicate basic fight rules? I was weeks getting that quest completed waiting for the right people to go in it and letting me tag along, that was when it was required. Once I got my life wizard to legendary I started other wizards so I could redo the stress free part of the game where everything did not have to be planned out as much to complete quests. Most all of my original friends dropped off mid Mooshu so starting a new wizard was easier, we were in it for the family fun part when that stopped so did they, the game hasn't been the same since for me.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
What is the diffrence because i did not do it again yet so i want to know if itsnot worth of a waste