Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

blade %

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 30, 2009
i was just thinking you know how storm is strongest school right then why don't they got strongest blade then next it would be fire and so one ice should have weakest blade not storm storm is supposed to be all powerful and bring fear into others heart then fire would be the next but i feel storm is just being abandoned i never see hardly any one using it cause to me it is so weak my fire easily in pvp (just and example not a pvp topic) owns any storm it gets in its way but not ice when i fight an ice most of the time they jst shield a lot and then build up blade and boom i am dead now i don't think i should be able to one shot any thing cause it is a defensive school. so why is the game weird like this idk but it seems strange to me.

Jack dragonbreath lvl 60 pyromancer
As a wise person once told me "Remember we were all noobs once"

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
because its so powerful, they get a weaker blade. stormzilla does more damage then helephent, and its one pip less!

Survivor
May 16, 2011
Theres a reason the blades are how they are, you think fire blade should be stronger well think again when you notice its a level 5 spell. Think Ice's blade should do less damage think again they have to wait all the way to mooshoo to get their blade and they need the 40% boost to make up for their low attacks.

Defender
Nov 19, 2008
if storm had the most powerful blade they would be unstoppable. there's a reason storm has a less powerful blade. and why ice has a more powerful one. storm has the highest base damage giving them a powerful blade would mean they would be all powerful ... mostly

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
Think about it. Storm is suppose to be strong, yes, but if you have the strongest blade, how would we defeat you? At legendary level, you get a bigger accuracy boost than life, a very decent critical rating, decent resistance to fire and ice, and the best strength boost. Even though you have low health, your attacks are extremely strong.

Say your 30% blade and Ice's 40% blade switched. Storm would be way stronger and probably would kill Ice quickly, even with defenses. Would this be fair?

Compare Triton with Colossus. Triton does a lot more damage than Colossus. Add your 30% blade to Triton, and Ice's 40% blade to Colossus.

Triton: 795-875 Damage

Minimum damage: 30% of 795 is 238.5. So 795 + 238.5 = 1,033.5

Colossus: 460-540 Damage

Minimum damage: 40% of 460 is 184. So 460 + 184 = 644

Now, if you switched blades, Triton would probably be TWICE the minimum damage of Colossus, yet, both are rank 6 spells. Would this be fair?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
For clarification, Storm does have the most powerful blade - Supercharge. That spell boosts storm attacks by 140%, twice as much as Death's. The trade off is that it takes 7 times longer to activate.

Does Storm have the most powerful 0 pip spell blade, no. The reason is likely to diminish some of the ability for Storm to quickly kill an opponent.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Zeon96 wrote:
i was just thinking you know how storm is strongest school right then why don't they got strongest blade then next it would be fire and so one ice should have weakest blade not storm storm is supposed to be all powerful and bring fear into others heart then fire would be the next but i feel storm is just being abandoned i never see hardly any one using it cause to me it is so weak my fire easily in pvp (just and example not a pvp topic) owns any storm it gets in its way but not ice when i fight an ice most of the time they jst shield a lot and then build up blade and boom i am dead now i don't think i should be able to one shot any thing cause it is a defensive school. so why is the game weird like this idk but it seems strange to me.

As a wise person once told me "Remember we were all noobs once"

Storm has a variety of blades and traps including the new rank X supercharge spell. Additionally, as they build, they have the privilege of the highest damage boosts for gear in the game. The blade makes a much bigger difference with higher gear boosts. Let me give you a quick example. What is common now at legendary is for storm to have a 90% storm damage boost. Ice is commonly around 43%. Here is the effective boost with one school blade for each, and then again adding in an elemental blade:

Storm - 90% gear * 30% blade = 147% boost
Ice - 43% gear * 40% blade = 102% boost

Storm - 90% gear * 30% blade * 35% blade = 233.45% boost
Ice - 43% gear * 40% blade * 35% blade = 170.27% boost

As you can see, the boost for storm on simple blade setups is still much more powerful than ice, especially when you consider the difference in base damage, not to mention the fact that storm is substantially more accurate at that level (less fizzle) than ice is. Realistically, when you factor the high chance of critical for storm as well as tossing in the use of gargantuan, you don't see a lot of storms cast blades because they simply don't need to, not because it isn't helpful.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
KennethB wrote:
if storm had the most powerful blade they would be unstoppable. there's a reason storm has a less powerful blade. and why ice has a more powerful one. storm has the highest base damage giving them a powerful blade would mean they would be all powerful ... mostly

(And Death for that matter), but exactly.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
No that would over power storm. Storm already has more accuracy than life with their clothes. If you want a more powerful blade, use the supercharge more often.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Zeon96 wrote:

As a wise person once told m

e "Remember we were all noobs once"

you are right : i am a diviner myself