Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A reminder about pvp sportsmanship

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 20, 2009
I have noticed that pvp isn't fun anymore and one of the reasons is poor sportsmanship. I'd just like to say a few reminders about it.

1. If you beat a higher lvl person.
If you beat a higher lvl person, wait until you get home to brag. If a higher lvl you beat hears you braging, they will feel like they stink. Then they will ignore you and report you.

2. If you beat a lower lvl person.
If you beat a lower lvl person DO NOT CALL THEM A NOOB. Calling people a noob is just as bad a rubbing it in thier face. Plus it starts a throng of hate posts on the message boards. Plus somebody will get reported and there will be more hate posts.

3. Don't rub it in.
Honestly, people rub it in to much. If you win its like a sports game. "Good game", "You played well", Etc. Just nothing negative.

4. If you lose don't be a noob about it.
If you lose don't be a poor sport. My friend beat somebody and the person reported him. Twice. I was playing a 4v4 and some guy was like "Flee, I don't want to lose to Benjamin, he's a noob." That is really poor sportsmanship. Calling somebody a noob (even when there your lvl) and making excuses is just mean.

5. No comments from the peanut gallery.
If your in the stands, keep all negative comments to yourself. If you're watching a pvp game, negative comments can be distracing. Positive comments a encouraged though. :D

6. Be nice to your teamates.
If your teamate messes up, don't make he/she feel bad. What happens if it was you who messed up. How would you feel?
Also, if you're friend is on the other team, actually help your teamates. Don't just sit there causing problems.

-Benjamindragonpants
Level 60 necromancer
Waterworks Warrior

Explorer
May 09, 2011
That is totally correct, If I win or lose, I walk to the opponent, say 'GG' which means 'Good Game' and I add them, that's how most of my friendships get started!

-Mason D. -Level 44 Necromancer-

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
There are always a lot of posts like this. People don't show good sportsmanship. I remember i was dueling someone in the practice arena and I said Hi and good luck. And they responded your just trying to look at my stats... If you guys can figure that out it was pretty weird.

I just think there are a few people that just start this bad feeling in PvP that everyone try to talk trash, or brag that won. Or try to make you feel bad for losing. And the advice I would give.. It really is just a game you know.. And if they are just trying to practice bad sportmanship by calling names and stuff, if you don't respond with another negative comment your the better person. Thats my thought on the topic.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
Need ban pvp doen nothing but have people fight name calling lots reports tire report people and the next day they back with there friends over over again where all warlords so tired bean bothered make reports people name calling. You dont do any thing about it. write you alot will not post reply to me please ban pvp. Why do you not do something for people that do pet races dont give any tickets but three if win wow pvp and races why play them pointless. Please reply back i want here what have to say.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
ALLEN6666666 wrote:
Need ban pvp doen nothing but have people fight name calling lots reports tire report people and the next day they back with there friends over over again where all warlords so tired bean bothered make reports people name calling. You dont do any thing about it. write you alot will not post reply to me please ban pvp. Why do you not do something for people that do pet races dont give any tickets but three if win wow pvp and races why play them pointless. Please reply back i want here what have to say.

PvP is like the biggest thing to do for people who have finished questing and a lot of people like it. And of course you always that kind of stuff in PvP in anything where one person is matched with another person that stuff can happen. But it wasn't always as bad before, like DS days I never saw a ton of problems with players verbally sparring with each other, it happens just I think the changes to the game are making more people resent what is going on and just they try to start fights and everything. Because now people can win with luck you see a lot of players saying of if you didnt get that critical you would have lost and then all these fights start it is really increasing. But its not like it isn't controlled properly.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
finally someone does a post on this. it seeems like the only time i have seen someone say gg recently was when they won really easily. (like 30 lvls up)
i say gg most of the time even though i get called a noob every time no matter what happens in the match. i just try to ignore them and remember to be the better person.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
ALLEN6666666 wrote:

so you want to ban pvp just because someone calls you a name? there should be a bigger reason than that. just my opinion

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
LOL, I say "gg" even when I get stomped to dust. It's the sporting thing to do, and it makes me feel better about losing.

Scarlet/Rowan/Moira/qbb

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Well the only thing I might complain to myself about in this game is a cheap win with a lucky critical or a insane/wild bolt getting a lucky hit. Even then I still say gg.....