Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drink potion in battle when defeated

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Right now, if you get defeated in a battle and others are in it too, all you can do is just stand there.

A lot of us just flee, drink a potion real fast, port back. We usually get back before everyone even finishes picking their moves.

How about KI make it so that if you are defeated in battle, you don't have to go through that little work around, you can just choose to drink a potion if you have a full one right there in the battle circle?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
Right now, if you get defeated in a battle and others are in it too, all you can do is just stand there.

A lot of us just flee, drink a potion real fast, port back. We usually get back before everyone even finishes picking their moves.

How about KI make it so that if you are defeated in battle, you don't have to go through that little work around, you can just choose to drink a potion if you have a full one right there in the battle circle?

LoL, I have to ask this, but how do you drink something when your are dead?

Just a question.... Not that I think your idea is bad, it would be nice, but I don't see it happening...

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Right now, if you get defeated in a battle and others are in it too, all you can do is just stand there. A lot of us just flee, drink a potion real fast, port back. We usually get back before everyone even finishes picking their moves. How about KI make it so that if you are defeated in battle, you don't have to go through that little work around, you can just choose to drink a potion if you have a full one right there in the battle circle?
i think if you're defeated there should be some inconvenience to it. just be glad we don't have to start a new character when it happens! -eli and crew

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
I like the idea. It would be a nice way to beat bosses easier. Especially ones that cheat! I think that if KingsIsle approved this, though, students should get more potion bottles and refilling them shouldn't cost as much. Right now I am level 49 and it costs about 4200 coins to refill three potion bottles! This is a big waste of my money, as I am saving up to buy a house from MooShu. Hopefully the KingsIsle people will take your idea into effect soon!

Kelsey Daisyblossom
Level 49 Life Wizard

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010

i think the reason KI made it that you can't use them in battle or when defeated to make it more challenging for the players who don't have potions. not that i don't love your idea, it just wouldn't be fair to those with out potions

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Just a question.... Not that I think your idea is bad, it would be nice, but I don't see it happening...

Well, since nothing actually dies in this game, regardless of what the players might say, it's just defeated...

And since we're all sitting at tables playing cards...

when you're defeated you're out of the hand.

There's no difference between fleeing, drinking the potion, porting back and staying where you are drinking the potion. either way, you reenter the current card game a round late with a fresh hand.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
mginatl wrote:

i think the reason KI made it that you can't use them in battle or when defeated to make it more challenging for the players who don't have potions. not that i don't love your idea, it just wouldn't be fair to those with out potions

Everyone has potions.

Everyone has the option of easily keeping those potions full

There's nothing about the current situation that has anything to do with "being fair" to anyone about anything.

The players fleeing, drinking a potion, porting back is a player work around, not part of the original game design but since it's being done and will continue to be done, it would be nice if the game design could be modified so we didn't have to jump through hoops.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
If i were in Nastrond and, say, a level 19 ported to me while i was in the middle of a battle and he were to get defeated, i'd be glad that he had to flee to get healing because it was easier to delete him so he couldn't port back again. if he could have just drank a potion there, i could have been potentially stuck with him through the rest of the dungeon. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Well, since nothing actually dies in this game, regardless of what the players might say, it's just defeated...

And since we're all sitting at tables playing cards...

when you're defeated you're out of the hand.

There's no difference between fleeing, drinking the potion, porting back and staying where you are drinking the potion. either way, you reenter the current card game a round late with a fresh hand.

The difference is that in some dungeons you are not allowed to port back. Your idea would negate that obstacle, thereby decreasing the difficulty.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Then they would have to reprogramm everything so it doesnt work for pvps.

But as stated its one of the few things that keep the game challenging.

Plus i could see a lot less use of strategy, its like think of this when your going into waterworks you wanna defend the life wizard with you so they can heal if anyone gets downed. But if the potions thing happens everyone will just act like well i'm just going to hit, even if the life dies i have my own potion ready to save me..

Understand where I am getting at?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
kingurz wrote:

The difference is that in some dungeons you are not allowed to port back. Your idea would negate that obstacle, thereby decreasing the difficulty.

For those dungeons, you:

Mark outside the door

if you die you

flee,
drink potion
port to mark
enter dungeon
run back

doesn't take very much longer than it would if you could port back in

my idea doesn't negate anything

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011

I like the idea. It would be a nice way to beat bosses easier. Especially ones that cheat! I think that if KingsIsle approved this, though, students should get more potion bottles and refilling them shouldn't cost as much. Right now I am level 49 and it costs about 4200 coins to refill three potion bottles! This is a big waste of my money, as I am saving up to buy a house from MooShu. Hopefully the KingsIsle people will take your idea into effect soon!

i'm sorry but why on earth are you paying to refill your potion bottles? if i want to refill in a hurry I just play sorcery stones until the third round or so end and then play again. I can have 3 full bottles in under 2 minutes easily this way and it costs me nothing

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
kingurz wrote:

For those dungeons, you:

Mark outside the door

if you die you

flee,
drink potion
port to mark
enter dungeon
run back

doesn't take very much longer than it would if you could port back in

my idea doesn't negate anything

You do realize there are dungeons you cannot do that. They are called Gauntlets and your idea would completely change the way they are played.

"Gauntlets are special Dungeons. If you leave a gauntlet for any reason it resets. Golem Tower is an example of a gauntlet. "

https://www.wizard101.com/home5/w101playersguide/page_8ad6a4041b790501011bbe40b52839dc

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010

Dear crystalwizard12345,
Not that your idea is bad, but, some people can get up to 3 potions.
If you are in pvp and a person can heal fully 3 times, I would stop pvping altogether. If you're fighting a boss and you could use potions instead of healing and porting back, the boss might kill you again and you would still get mad all over again ;) but another way of defeating bosses is buying minions from the crowns store if you use crowns or another way of defeating bosses is having life friends ;) rofl. Life friends come in very handy if they're not busy. Hope I helped ^.^

Sincerly,
The Thaumaturge, Jinxx 8)

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
By fleeing you loose credit for what you've achieved in that battle. If you drank a potion while still fighting but defeated you wouldn't be faced with this consequence of "dying" in the battle.

Yes this flee, drink, port is a workaround but your faced with not getting credit for the enemies that died befor you fled. The real work around is to take a healer with you!

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009

Interesting... I wondered why they didn't have this when I was a noob.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Well lets pretend you and another person are in battle and you die. You have a potion strapped to your belt or robe or wherever you would keep them and you partner grabs the potion bottle and shoves it in your mouth ( i mean the liquid ) and your revived.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Defender
Jun 04, 2009
well thats why we have healing spells and if none of your friends have healing spells then yikes! yea maybe thats nice

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I agree with Supafreak12. Incorporate this into the game, but exclude PvP.