Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can we ever close the door?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Is there any way to make your castle off limits to people who just pop in?

Sometimes I want company and sometimes I don't.

I think that players should have to ask permission to enter your home, just as they would in real life. Maybe you could set it up so some friends could drop in unannounced if you gave them the permissions. (And you ought to have the option to take that away again if it gets to be a problem).

People port to me when I'm home and run all around the place, looking in rooms and, honestly, if it isn't just plain rude it's at least silly.

Thanks.

cd

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
caroldodd9000 wrote:

I think that players should have to ask permission to enter your home, just as they would in real life. Maybe you could set it up so some friends could drop in unannounced if you gave them the permissions. (And you ought to have the option to take that away again if it gets to be a problem).

People port to me when I'm home and run all around the place, looking in rooms and, honestly, if it isn't just plain rude it's at least silly.

Thanks.

cd

Why don't you turn of the ability for others to teleport to you under the options section of your book?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
There already is an option to make it where people can't port to you. There is also an option I believe that make it to where you don't allow people at your home as well, so not sure what else you want, just to make sure they cant go into the house?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
caroldodd9000 wrote:

Thanks.

cd

I agree.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
There is a setting for allowing only friends in your home. If the people running around are your friends, you can turn off your ports or make use of the send away button.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Community Leader
Yes , very simple way, you turn off teleporting. If you want friends to come but not their friends, you have to turn on friends only.
Click on spell book, then the gear, the lock on top of page, then you will see all the options for allowing or not allowing different things for the game.

Hope this helps.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Yes you can limit your home to friends only. Go to your book, click on options (the cog). Next go under privacy opt (the lock) look down towards the bottom and you should see where you can limit your home. Just turn the no to yes and ok.

You should be set after that.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011

You can under privacy options set your homes to not allow friends to enter.

That is the only way I can think of at present.

Which makes me think of expanding the friend list abilities to give access to your home to those whom you really trust, while not allowing those who are just one time contacts, or those who prove that they are not trustworthy.

Jon

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Thanks so much, you're all awesome.

Been playing three months and I hadn't found that!

I really appreciate your replies!

cd