Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new pet talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
hey everybody, as you can see by the title, i have 2 ideas for a new pet talent:

1. a epic talent that gives you extra critical chance for all spells over time, and gets higher as you get the pet more trained

and 2. another epic talent that does the same thing as the one above except with critical block, let me know what you think, and feel free to show me your ideas about any pet talents you would think would be cool, i'd like to hear from you guys.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
I'm gonna say no. First of all pet skills are not based in level so even a teen pet can gain any pet talent in it's file it is just luck as to what is selected and when.

Although it is a decent idea for a pet skill if I crit when I cast a DOT then I crit each round as well. My opponent must make a block attempt each round.

Once the spell has been cast I can't see how a pet could influence it to crit or even compound that crit chance round after round.

This would additionally make DOTs OP as I don't see people seeking that block pet like they would a crit pet.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Instead of wasting good topic name, I will use this one.

I have a question. Does all pets give a card? At this point I can't tell, since all of my pets are still babies.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
MercMissionary wrote:
Does all pets give a card?

no. They don't. And you can tell now. That was one of the updates. Just look on your pet's character sheet.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
So, is KI planning to updating the old pets with cards? I would rather my pet do something for me in battle than just look pretty, even if it is weak, or just carry more cards. I realize that the pets have been updated for the pavilion, but that doesn't help in the storyline.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
So far pets don't have level limits. If they make a pet that grants critical or block chance then they will probably restrict usage to levels 50 and above. I am assuming this because all of the equipment with critical rating is for characters over level fifty. They just don't seem to want low level players to be able to critical.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
The pets I am talking about are the older ones. Far as I know, they don't have new stronger spells attached to their cards. I trust that KI is smart enough to get around that if it is a problem. As I said, a card would be nice, but it can do something else useful, like hold more cards.