Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

life and its extreme paranoia

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 20, 2009
I'm kind of annoyed with the amount of death shields life mobs/bosses put on themselves. This is very annoying since it tends to mess up your setups. I also notice that death monsters never put on life shields. (this is just an observation) Could life monsters let up on the shields just a little?

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
ambybob wrote:
I'm kind of annoyed with the amount of death shields life mobs/bosses put on themselves. This is very annoying since it tends to mess up your setups. I also notice that death monsters never put on life shields. (this is just an observation) Could life monsters let up on the shields just a little?
this is annoying, i agree. i do one of 2 things- either cast poison on them (i keep 4 in my deck just for these occasions) and that will kill their shields. Or, you can load up enough blades and traps after putting a prism on them. unless you're in ds or something, their life resist is almost certainly lower than the 80% shield that they are putting up. i have an adept necromancer in marleybone, and those options work well for me so far. good luck and i hope this helped. -keller moonblade, adept necromancer

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
ambybob wrote:

Sorry, not going to happen though.

Historian
May 01, 2010
i also suggest treasure polymorphs, or if you are high enough lvl, regular ones.

EDIT: i also wanted to mention, just thought of it right after i posted, you might wat to get a life wand to get rid of those traps

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I usually equipt a death wand for that purpose to get rid of the shields.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I recently got my death up to level 48. This will be my fifth wizard. I will admit the death shields used by life is very annoying. Here are a few of the strategies I use against life.

1) Poison, great for removal of multiple shields and to prevent more.

2) Plant a Silver trumpet vine. One of the rewards are pierce cards. You may also find them at the bazaar. I put these in my sideboard to use against life.

3) Strangle (death dispel). There is nothing more satisfying than seeing a life try to cast a shield only to have it dispelled.

All three of these strategies has helped remove, eliminate, and prevent those annoying shields

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life
Hannah Goldenblade Level 48 Death

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
superluther wrote:
I recently got my death up to level 48. This will be my fifth wizard. I will admit the death shields used by life is very annoying. Here are a few of the strategies I use against life. 1) Poison, great for removal of multiple shields and to prevent more. 2) Plant a Silver trumpet vine. One of the rewards are pierce cards. You may also find them at the bazaar. I put these in my sideboard to use against life. 3) Strangle (death dispel). There is nothing more satisfying than seeing a life try to cast a shield only to have it dispelled. All three of these strategies has helped remove, eliminate, and prevent those annoying shields Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life Hannah Goldenblade Level 48 Death
Ooh, i'm not the person who posted this thread, but i really like the dispel idea! i may have to implement that one myself! :) don't know why i never thought of that myself. -keller moonblade, adept necromancer