Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Rock Pet is NOT a Waste

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 12, 2008
All of you that say the rock is a waste of crowns, it isn't. It's just like any pet! My rock, Rocky, is actually somewhat better than most pets because he give Fortify and he is good at races and everything. It is not a waste, it's just like saying buying a pet in the Crowns Shop is a waste, someone with a Sea Dragon said to me that the rock was a waste of crowns, I told him it's just like any other pet, but he for some reason, did not believe me.

"As Long As You Follow the Path of Balance, Young Wizard...."

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
See, it's funny in concept, but, having a talent that will draw even more attention to you is not a good thing. Plus with my luck of trying to get rid of talents likes fire giver for my ice wizard on my inferno colossus it will probably be one of those hard to get rid of talents because you/I don't want it.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Some interesting facts -

I have many Sea Dragons from FARMING, 0 from purchases. Sea Dragon is one of the most powerful pets in the Spiral. It's got above average stats, great talents, and can do quite a bit. None of it's Talents are 'Selfish' Stat boosting talents.

When you get a SEA DRAGON, you know you're gonna get a good pet unless you get the Dud of the bunch, with Health, Piercemonger, Disarmament, and Tower Shield. Even then, you're getting a bunch of health, 1 card pierce, 1 card disarm, and 1 card Tower Shield. He has 2 separate May Cast abilities, a Healing spell (Sprite), and Pierce. The Healing sprite is at Bartleby booster pack levels of 50 + 300 over 3 Rounds.

Pet Rock, by comparison, has less stats, less pedigree, and way more selfish talents than needed. I think last I checked he had at least 5, maybe more. Not to mention, the First Generation pet Rocks (no longer available) always got May Cast Taunt at Teen. Taunt is an annoying spell on it's own. A pet rock with googly eyes casting it of it's own volition is even more so. Eventually, I may hatch my pet rocks with my sea dragons until I get a Spritely, PierceTrain, Spell-Proof, Pain-Giver Pet Rock with good stats, but... that requires a LOT of time, and a LOT of gold... and WAAAAY TOO MANY games in the Pavillion.