Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Update Our Most Visible and Used Problem - #1

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
By far the most visible feature of any MMO is its communication system. The text and open chat client of Wizard 101 is , to say the least, bad. I've been playing MMO's since before they were called MMOs and the chat client is so cumbersome many people just dont chat at all.

Please make this a PRIORITY. This affects a HUGE number of users over a a massive amount of hours spent in game. This is not some small technical glitch or bug.

Key problem - Chat is HARD to read / follow.

1. The default text formatting needs to have less space between the lines, this causes text "spam" to be more pronouced and does not allow you to read much beyond the last few seconds of text. The spacing should be smaller, and the default size of the text should be as well.

2. The text "viewer" is a bit too small (it can be resized) but should be larger by default (wider at LEAST) perhaps taller as well, but this might be fixed by fixing point 1.

2. Chat is totally invisible in minigames (and other places) this should not be the case, to be useful you at least need ACCESS to that communciation system. Communication needs to be visible in all areas in-game. This is a very odd thing to have to point out.

3. Following indivdual conversations is almost impossible in busy areas. The "IRC/MIRC" model of tabbed-chatting is widely used and works great, please think about adding this as a way to help us better communicate.

Thanks for your time, I hope this is taken seriously and acted upon. More than any other feature this one is at the heart of any social game. If there are other channels I can submit this via that might get seen more readily by the proper people, please let me know.

Wizard101 is a great game at its core, it would be nice if we could communicate in-game without feeling like we are using two tin cans and a string with one tin can half broken and the string threadbare. =P

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I believe the chat system before the added Open Chat feature was the best.

One way to reduce spam. Each wizard has a 20 second delay before being able to text a third+ time in a row.

Also, what bothers me about the chat system, is that the chat log "resets" before and after encounters. That interrupts anything that I may be typing to a different wizard.