Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Big Ben only one floor with Meowiarty

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
Make Big Ben shorter by getting rid of all of the floors so there will only be one floor to do in Big Ben with Meowiarty

Explorer
Jun 01, 2010
No if there was only one floor it wouldn't be much of a challenge now would it?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
darthcoolness wrote:
Make Big Ben shorter by getting rid of all of the floors so there will only be one floor to do in Big Ben with Meowiarty

They have already made the end of MB too easy, but to take out the fun of defeating all his guards before finally facing the big cheese (err, big cat) himself. So just save 60-90 minutes and have a wonderful time removing foes.

You never said why you wish this...I sure hope it is to stir up discussion that some truely held desire.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
no. just no. if you use four people all above magus your fine. it be TOO easy

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
I am with the others, just say NO! They already made both Counterweights and Big Ben easier! When I did them on my Life they were way longer than they are now.

Megan

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
No.

I don't understand requests to SHORTEN this game. I want my money's worth AND the feeling of accomplishment that comes from these special fights.

People have posted Krokotopia is "too long". I LOVED IT!!!! Great story and gobs of stuff to see and do. Similar posts have been made about Mooshu and Dragonspyre and I really liked BOTH of them.

I would have liked them better if there was more client side tuning possible to handle the lag, but the story line was very immersive and the combat ... just right.

I can understand balking about having to collect THOUSANDS of reagents and the "grinding" needed to accomplish crafting quests, a mindless task bordering on clerical skills at its best. But the hundreds and hundreds of posts requesting relief from "impossible", "unfair", "too hard", "can't be done" and other simple boss fights and dungeons is ...truly sad.

MILLIONS of people have already completed these quests. MILLIONS.

I would be ashamed to ask for "help" from the company and openly admit that MILLIONS of people obviously play this game better than me. There is nothing wrong with asking for help to solve the problem (ie; How did you do this?). It is quite another to request the game be dumbed down and simplified to soothe an individual's inability to accomplish what MILLIONS of people have already successfully done.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I don't think it should be just one floor, but it should be shorter, I helped one of my friends all the way through it, but I haven't gotten there yet and it took me a couple of hours, I am dreading having to do that over again for myself.

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
You crazy? I haven't even got to Big Ben, but it will be a fun and exciting dungeon. I actually know what it's like, since I teleported to a friend trying to complete it. It was FUN! Especially when I got to defeat Meowiarty. Sure, if you die, you have to start all over. It is very fun though.

It's fine the way it is.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Well, having spent a lot of time and Crowns farming the Big Ben, I must disagree with your statement first out of personal experience.

I just believe that it is a giant, insurmountable right of passage that all up and coming wizards should face. It emphasizes the necessity for teamwork, or sheer determination.

If you are of the Life or Ice School, or are just not good at dishing out damage, then having allies (Or Henchmen/Minions) would be key.

Though I wouldn't be too upset if they made the thing more optional and settled for something slightly (But not significantly) simpler as required for the storyline.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Hmm....no.

Hey i agree with you again.

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
Well as I can clearly read there are quite a few "NO"s on the replies. I like the idea of shortening the battles. I think only if you have another wizard on your account that is already level 60 then this would be shorter, or something like this. That way you had to achieve it at least once all the way through. Kind of gives you the best of both worlds :)

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
Are. You. CRAZY!??!??! Marleybone is easy enough! My brother beat Marleybone in a solid WEEK. And that was with friends and me! Challenges MAKE this game. I beat Big Ben when I was level 35 or so. With a Storm student. And I'm LIFE AND storm. Storm+ Life/Storm= TOTAL PWNAGE of Big Ben. So 25 to 32 could beat Big Ben with henchman from the Crowns shop, or the minion spell OR friends. Oh, and when I beat Big ben when I was lvl 35, I beat Marleybone already.

Jasmine Level 41 Life/Storm student. Find me in Dragonsprye if you're lucky! :D :-) :) 8) :P

Survivor
Jan 20, 2009
No, they shouldn't. one you get more experience points out of the floors, also don't forget you can can more items from the extra people, also i love the floors where you can slip the milk. :D :D :D :D

Never Underestimate the Powers of A Pyromancer.
Andrew NightBlade

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
everlander wrote:
I don't think it should be just one floor, but it should be shorter, I helped one of my friends all the way through it, but I haven't gotten there yet and it took me a couple of hours, I am dreading having to do that over again for myself.

no way big ben is the funnest tower ever because of its length!

Alyssa Owlthorn
Lvl 46 Balance

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
darthcoolness wrote:
Are you KIDDING ME!?!? NO. I completed Marleybone in 6 hours! That was on my Ryan Silvercoin person.