Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Asking before joining

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Hi people, its better to ask to join a battle then to just randomly join one. Cause if you randomly join one, then you can mess up their traps and all. I ask to join and help people and actually, I made some friends in CL by that way. So all I am saying is that its better to ask before you join a battle.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Firefrog16 wrote:
Hi people, its better to ask to join a battle then to just randomly join one. Cause if you randomly join one, then you can mess up their traps and all. I ask to join and help people and actually, I made some friends in CL by that way. So all I am saying is that its better to ask before you join a battle.
I agree

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
You just told us something 95% of all people don't do. And if someone joins you tell them "don't use my traps".

Edit: Eh, I probably said that harshly, but it's the truth.

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Firefrog16 wrote:
agreed

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
How about the wizards who will jump into your fight and then start issuing orders to you? the old "I got the boss!" and I just love (NOT) when they start yelling for someone to take out a tower shield after they've yelled they don't want anyone to attack the boss because they "have him."

We have folks in all levels who do this. This isn't just grandmasters or legendaries who are guilty of this. It happens in Krock, MB, MS, DS, and CL. I even have seen it in Wizard City!

When I get dragged into someone else's fight, I do try to at least apologise for dragging in another opponent. And I stay through the fight. I don't flee and try to help out as much as possible.

Everyone needs to remember to treat others the way they want to be treated. :)

Cassandra Lionhunter legendary/myth
Rowan Summerblossom grandmaster/life
Iridian Shade grandmaster/death

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
this is pure etiquette.
the way it suppose to be.

i ask if i may join. or apologize if i get pulled in.
then i make sure i take care of the NPC that pulled me in the game.

if by luck i get your NPC it makes it easier for you all the better.

just ask before joining ...
i do not care what Ambrose or Diego tells you to do.

there is always a more honorable way to do things...

oh yea if some one yells for help then it is appropriate to just jump in.
providing you stay the entire battle and can handle it.
[so if you are visiting Celestia and you less than a level 48
please be aware you could cause more problems than you will solve]

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
My sincerest apologies if I have, or am about to, offend anyone. Mean it.

It is my custom to finish a game before discussing it in forums. There are too many "spoilers" no matter how carefully words are chosen and knowing ANYTHING about what is about to happen ruins the experience for me. I am here now only because I completed Dragonspyre just before Celestia went live. This is important because ...

ALL CHAT, friend, teleporting, trade, etc. etc. had to be turned off within 20 minutes of starting my first wizard. If I had not done so the initial experience of seeing and hearing about things first hand would have been lost. If this has made me seem "unresponsive", I apologize.

I have NEVER, willingly, joined anybody's fight, unless ... their health bar indicated they would appreciate some help. This comes from playing other games ... not Diego's or Ambrose's instructions here. Like you, unwanted "helpers" and mean-spirited "pull two more enemies into the fight and flee" morons have irked me. This is especially true since I fight 99% of the battles with a starter deck, (Celestia is forcing me to - re-evaluate - THAT axiom;) thank God for the reshuffle spell.

The point is ... it is an MMORPG ... and if you are not willing to plan your activities around the daily, 100% probability you are going to meet an "unnecessary" person in your game, ...

YOU ...

are the one that needs to quit playing.

Jerks, scammers, idiots, noobs, and just plain mean people are PART of what makes playing and succeeding here so attractive. It is the "random acts of humanity" that makes these games so addicitive and it cannot be found in ANY other medium.

Complain all you want in these forums about rudeness, claim-jumping, trap-busting, teleporting, etc. etc. ...

The people you are complaining about are a simple fact of life ...

and they are NOT ...

reading these posts ... LMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Jerks, scammers, idiots, noobs, and just plain mean people are PART of what makes playing and succeeding here so attractive. It is the "random acts of humanity" that makes these games so addicitive and it cannot be found in ANY other medium.

I certainly agree with you there. Its a fact of life that there will be those sorts of folks in every day life. We deal with it. and there are the nice, helpful folks who make the game worth playing.
Its a game and we can't teach manners to those who will not listen. Fact of life.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Guys, im not complaining, I just saying its better to ask to join a battle then to randomly mess up someones.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Good manners would require you ask.

Good manners would also require a quick response, which is also a problem in the game. What do we assume a lack of a response or a very slow response means...yes or no??? Is it okay to be rude and join if they are rude and not answer?

Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
Firefrog16 wrote:

Here Here!! I agree totally!!
Maybe we should ask for a block,or drop,or lock for battles.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
This is a game that allows people to join random battles. I agree it would be polite to ask, but I'm sorry, I'm not going to type or use menu chat every time I want to join and then wait for a response.

If someone has issues with others joining, then they should be playing another game that allows them to play solo!

I don't think the issue here is asking, but those in battle being a bit more polite about others joining in.