Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People, Myth is not weak

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
Alot of people say that Myth is weak. Wrong. Myth may be weak in attacks, that's true. But Myth is all about making plans. Most people when they're Level 4 or 5 use all of their training points and pick like 5 schools off the bat. Myth wizards either stick with their primary school or find a secondary school. The Othrus spell is one of the toughest spells in Myth. Have a Myth Blade, trap, and one of the force field things, and the hurt damage goes around 1,000-1,200( depending if they're Storm)Hope you got the message Myth is not weak. And if you didnt , this face will stare through you

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
And using Orthrus's storm equivilant Storm Lord, you can do 1,500+ to all enemies with stun.

Edit: Let me give you a more broad view, using any spell with blades and traps as you say, you can do high amount of damage.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
And using Orthrus's storm equivilant Storm Lord, you can do 1,500+ to all enemies with stun.

...Assuming you do not fizzle.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Angelocean wrote:

But one little itty-bitty storm shield can drastically reduce storm lord. For Myth wizards, shields are something to obliterate as you go for the kill.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life
Hannah Legendstalker Level 60 Myth

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
superluther wrote:
Angelocean wrote:

But one little itty-bitty storm shield can drastically reduce storm lord. For Myth wizards, shields are something to obliterate as you go for the kill.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life
Hannah Legendstalker Level 60 Myth

It also takes twice as long to get enough traps to kill. While I used to appreciate the fact the for double shield to double trap, the extra effort to one shot in CL is a should I attack and hope to kill? or trap again and hope I don't get killed.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
Luvas wrote:
Angelocean wrote:

I don't like when it fizzles :(

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
@abyd100: I don't get your point. The reason why first time Novices waste their training points on random attacks is because they don't realize that, at this point in time, they're not gonna be able to have all the spells available for training when they beat the game. It has nothing to do with the school (I know a couple of Conjurers that had to buy back their points because of what you explained); it depends on how good you are at following simple directions. Yes, Orthrus, if done right, can be very powerful...and? So can any other spell. Even if Orthrus was potentially the most powerful spell in the game, it's one spell that you get at Level 48. I'd rather not suffer through the worlds of the Spiral just to get that one good spell.

@Everyone else: I think you guys kinda hijacked the thread.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Good to know. I just started a Myth wizard and hope I won't regret it.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
@abyd100: I don't get your point. The reason why first time Novices waste their training points on random attacks is because they don't realize that, at this point in time, they're not gonna be able to have all the spells available for training when they beat the game. It has nothing to do with the school (I know a couple of Conjurers that had to buy back their points because of what you explained); it depends on how good you are at following simple directions. Yes, Orthrus, if done right, can be very powerful...and? So can any other spell. Even if Orthrus was potentially the most powerful spell in the game, it's one spell that you get at Level 48. I'd rather not suffer through the worlds of the Spiral just to get that one good spell.

Sorry, sorta got mad there. I take back of what I said. I used to be a Myth, Storm, and somewhat Life, and now I'm a Myth, Storm, and somewhat Balance. It's nice to know how to heal in a battle, but it didnt really help. P.S. I suffered ALOT before the Orthrus spell. :D

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
abyd100 wrote:
Alot of people say that Myth is weak. Wrong. Myth may be weak in attacks, that's true. But Myth is all about making plans. Most people when they're Level 4 or 5 use all of their training points and pick like 5 schools off the bat. Myth wizards either stick with their primary school or find a secondary school. The Othrus spell is one of the toughest spells in Myth. Have a Myth Blade, trap, and one of the force field things, and the hurt damage goes around 1,000-1,200( depending if they're Storm)Hope you got the message Myth is not weak. And if you didnt , this face will stare through you
big deal fire dragon can do 1600 too all enemies easily then there is a burn of 300 hundred something too all enemies too

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Luvas wrote:
Angelocean wrote:

Good thing that myth doesn't really have to worry about fizzling since our accuracy is fairly decent lol

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
pyromaniac023 wrote:
abyd100 wrote:
big deal fire dragon can do 1600 too all enemies easily then there is a burn of 300 hundred something too all enemies too

Like I said before, Myth is not all that strong. Fire is one of the most strongest schools. I'd say fire would be in third place for strongest spells. Death second. Storm first. Be happy what school you are. if you are going to post on here I suggest comparing different schools in a positive way. Every school has a purpose.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
Alright, something awsome just happened. I was fighting someone in Celestia, and I did the spell Orthrus. I already had the spirit blade and myth blade. I cast the spell, get a critical, use my blades, and it ends up to a 3,000 damage. Go myth! :D

Diana Raven
Level 55
Myth( I think you already know that)

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

I somewhat agree with you, being a Conjurer myself. I did, in fact, have to buy back my points. But it's also true that Myth is in no way weak. Myth is, in fact, about making a plan. If you plan it right, an average Myth spell can work much stronger. Yes, I know other spells can too, but that doesn't mean Myth is weak. I'm all the way up to DS and I can kill an enemy AND save a friend at the same time. Making a plan!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
emy200 wrote:
I somewhat agree with you, being a Conjurer myself. I did, in fact, have to buy back my points. But it's also true that Myth is in no way weak. Myth is, in fact, about making a plan. If you plan it right, an average Myth spell can work much stronger. Yes, I know other spells can too, but that doesn't mean Myth is weak. I'm all the way up to DS and I can kill an enemy AND save a friend at the same time. Making a plan!

My point was who said Myth was weak? In all the posts I read and all the hours I've spent playing Wizard101, I don't recall anyone saying that Myth was weak. I recall many people saying it was a random school and that the only good spell in it is Pierce, but no one bluntly saying Myth was weak. I was saying that this thread was pointless because it was unwarranted. If anything this should be replaced by "People, Ice is not weak".

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
emy200 wrote:

My point was who said Myth was weak? In all the posts I read and all the hours I've spent playing Wizard101, I don't recall anyone saying that Myth was weak. I recall many people saying it was a random school and that the only good spell in it is Pierce, but no one bluntly saying Myth was weak. I was saying that this thread was pointless because it was unwarranted. If anything this should be replaced by "People, Ice is not weak".

AkihiroHattori5, you did not read every myth blog have you. Type in Myth and several post pop up and say ( Myth the weak) or (Seen myth lately?) The whole point of this blog is for people to get the message Myth is not weak.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
emy200 wrote:

Oh and the thing is Im not ice.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
"Alot of people say that Myth is weak. Wrong. Myth may be weak in attacks, that's true. But Myth is all about making plans. Most people when they're Level 4 or 5 use all of their training points and pick like 5 schools off the bat. Myth wizards either stick with their primary school or find a secondary school. The Othrus spell is one of the toughest spells in Myth. Have a Myth Blade, trap, and one of the force field things, and the hurt damage goes around 1,000-1,200( depending if they're Storm)Hope you got the message Myth is not weak. And if you didnt , this face will stare through you."

I like to pair schools off based on thier abilites and how they work. This is how I see things:

Life/Death: all about the healing of ones self and others (through attacking and stealing the health or directly healing the target).

Storm/Fire: High damage spells though the way they deal said damage is very different. Fire being DoT spells and storm is just one huge hit.

Ice/Myth: as another poster put it, it is all about making a plan. We have the spells to either take your defense away or strengthen our own. Steal Ward being the obvious for ice where as myth has dual hit spells (weak to take the shield then strong to wreck the competition). And to specifically target myth for a second, you have more minions than any other school. Myth spells are based around using your minions to assist you in a fight. If you need health sacrifice the minion and resummon another. You can power your minions up or take them for important pips/health etc. Myth is not weak if used correctly.

Balance/Astral Schools: can be a support school but can also be a very deadly class if left unchecked in a fight. i.e. Judgement and the polymorphs.

Each school is weak in one espect but strong in another. It is just a matter of how you use Your strength to cover your weakness.

And FYI I AM ICE. Don't go calling us weak or my snow angel might decide to hit you with its lantern

Ryan FrostShard - Legend of the Ice Arts

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
minigiant9 wrote:
"Alot of people say that Myth is weak. Wrong. Myth may be weak in attacks, that's true. But Myth is all about making plans. Most people when they're Level 4 or 5 use all of their training points and pick like 5 schools off the bat. Myth wizards either stick with their primary school or find a secondary school. The Othrus spell is one of the toughest spells in Myth. Have a Myth Blade, trap, and one of the force field things, and the hurt damage goes around 1,000-1,200( depending if they're Storm)Hope you got the message Myth is not weak. And if you didnt , this face will stare through you."

I like to pair schools off based on thier abilites and how they work. This is how I see things:

Life/Death: all about the healing of ones self and others (through attacking and stealing the health or directly healing the target).

Storm/Fire: High damage spells though the way they deal said damage is very different. Fire being DoT spells and storm is just one huge hit.

Ice/Myth: as another poster put it, it is all about making a plan. We have the spells to either take your defense away or strengthen our own. Steal Ward being the obvious for ice where as myth has dual hit spells (weak to take the shield then strong to wreck the competition). And to specifically target myth for a second, you have more minions than any other school. Myth spells are based around using your minions to assist you in a fight. If you need health sacrifice the minion and resummon another. You can power your minions up or take them for important pips/health etc. Myth is not weak if used correctly.

Balance/Astral Schools: can be a support school but can also be a very deadly class if left unchecked in a fight. i.e. Judgement and the polymorphs.

Each school is weak in one espect but strong in another. It is just a matter of how you use Your strength to cover your weakness.

And FYI I AM ICE. Don't go calling us weak or my snow angel might decide to hit you with its lantern

Ryan FrostShard - Legend of the Ice Arts

People may say that ice is weak, but I have studied the arts of it, and I came to a conclusion: ICE IS FOR GROUPS. The idea is that they take all the damage for everyone else with the taunts, and OTHER PEOPLE do the damage. They are not appreciated for what they are.

SBS5000
Myth 50

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Squib2000 wrote:
Good to know. I just started a Myth wizard and hope I won't regret it.

IDK. I dont like myth just because of the low attack spells. I have a legendary fire that i am satisfied with. But if you do want to do Myth i suggest you use some of your training points to get to feint. I no it costs 7 training points to get to it but you wont regret it.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
pyromaniac023 wrote:
abyd100 wrote:

Ya. Plus if you critical I've gotten my fire dragon to do about 3,000 on all enemies. Fire rules.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
Garrett15141 wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:
abyd100 wrote:

Ya. Plus if you critical I've gotten my fire dragon to do about 3,000 on all enemies. Fire rules.

This is getting off topic. If you want to make a ( people fire is not weak blog) i will not stop you

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
dont mean to be rude but myth is kinda weak, kinda

Ahem..........

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
OOOOOOOOOO! I just got the Medusa spell. A 775( i think) hit spell that stuns for two rounds! :D I saw my friend cast that spell and i think she has a huge damage point, so any way she casts it, uses traps and blades, gets a critcal!, and it end up to a 8,000!