Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

plant & pet energy

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 30, 2009
um ok how come our pet and plant energy are the same thing it makes no sense cause it is hard enough using that energy to grow pets but plants to it is to much if you are going to do that double the energy and make it take less time than like 10 min to gain 1 energy back plz listen KI plz

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
well this is what worrys me when it comes to live:
that there are no pet lights
because i normaly don't get that much crowns to bye pet energy
so plz add a growning thing as the guy said or plz add some pet energey light to gain pet energy

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Send in comments to this effect on Test Realm so they know your concerns.

If you have gone to the higher gardening vendors, the gardening spells can sometimes take over 20 energy....

Hero
May 27, 2009
Actually, since they are spells and we train them, they should use Mana rather than energy. That would make much more sense and is more easily refillable. After all, we still have to wait for the plant to grow and require whatever attention it needs.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
Thank you WillowDreamer for that thought out reply to the post, I plan on posting something tonight on the test realm concerning this very problem. I thought that they should have a plant ball with mana or energy which ever to raise and grow the plant with, instead of using the pet energy, by the time I've finished with training my pet I have no energy left, so I end up waiting all day before I can use the energy on my plant. Makes it worthless and I wont put the time in to raising plants if thats the case that we end up using the pet engery on plants too.

Since your Energy is shared by both Pets & Gardening, Max Energy has been increased. Energy now begins at 40 at level 1, and increases by 1 at each even-numbered level.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Defender
Jun 30, 2009
thnx zeke so it starts at 40 at lvl 1 and gains one every even lvl and we can get to lvl 60 so if my math is correct every one could have up to 70 energy thnx that helps and now if only the timer went faster then it would be perfect ;ike sy maybe 3 to 5 min instead of like 10 so thnx for the energy

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
The increase Zeke describes does help, unfortunately it is not enough. I'm constantly having to refill the energy using crowns just to be able to care for the garden that I have created. Now I have reached level four, it has become impossible to care for my plants requested needs and replace matured plants without refills. I don't even have the maximum plots installed.

I have run out of crowns and am extreemly frustrated trying to care for plants today. I have not been leveling pets at all (and I normally do that alot.) As I rarely use crowns in live realm, I cannot see spending all of my precious pet energy on the garden. The rewards come slow, but are nice additions to the game.

The plants are irresistably fun to watch mature and listen to as the greet us. I hope that an additonal way to refill the energy is added, i.e.: wisps, mini-games, purchase for gold. I cannot wait to be able to see the higher level plants too.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Sounds like we have to learn to budget our resources. If you can't take care of the plants with the available energy, maybe you need to look at what types of plants are giving the best rewards and only plant what you can take care of. Until they realize that the plant spells should use Mana like all the other spells we cast.... (hint, hint, KI)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I agree, the plant spell costs are too high if you become a gardener. It costs 2 to train a pet at the lowest level, but 3 for any level one plant spell.

Plant spells should cost 2 times level (or 2 x lvl - 1).

Then again, right now I am tending over 50 plants, so.....

And did you notice the cost of plant spells, at 5th level they are 5000 or more each. There is one spell that costs 25,000...a tad much isn't this?

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
ok, so as I see it, there are a few problems with this Gardening idea:

1. It takes a bit of trial and error to see how many plants you can afford to care for at any given time. In the process of this trial and error, expect to loose out on a fair amount of gold. I myself went hog wild and ended up loosing about 10k because I didn't have the energy to care for that many plants.

2. The above statement regarding the amount of ENERGY a rank 1 spell costs is too high. A few solutions to this, again already stated, are:

- lower the ENERGY cost of the spells
- change it to effect MANA like the other spells we use
- have a separate pet bubble
- have it so you can spend gold to refill plant ENERGY
- or perhaps a combination of these solutions

3. Though I agree that some of the spells you purchase are also a little high, I'm reminded that, even at level 37, I have very little use for gold. I have purchased a mount and 2 houses, and the best gear for my level range, and still have well over 200k.

4. Even though I do very little in the way of pet care, I can understand the viewpoint of those who do. To have your ENERGY split between Pet care and Gardening is a little much to expect when you only receive an initial 40 points and 1 per even level until 60; total ='s 70.

Now plz do not misunderstand me, I am not trashing or hating. I just think that this problem should have been caught in the test realm. Well before it hit the public realms. I personally think this should be expected from the "MMO of the year", as bragged about.

I think the Gardening concept is huge and will appeal to a large number of the Wizards, however still in it's infancy. There is still much to work out and perhaps came out a little premature.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Since your Energy is shared by both Pets & Gardening, Max Energy has been increased. Energy now begins at 40 at level 1, and increases by 1 at each even-numbered level.

Zeke
that wont cut it.
pet and palnt energy needs to be seprate.
another globe with
yellow or orange energy for the pets