Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why so much for training pts?!?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2009
I think that we should have a option about our trainging points. I gold or in crowns. I mean why should we pay $10 to get 18 trianing points? It is obsurd!!! :( :( :( :( So people who read this please respond i need votes so they will change it please. :( :(

By KevinBlueGrove. Lvl 56 fire wizard and upset.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
kevke67 wrote:
I think that we should have a option about our trainging points. I gold or in crowns. I mean why should we pay $10 to get 18 trianing points? It is obsurd!!! So people who read this please respond i need votes so they will change it please.

By KevinBlueGrove. Lvl 56 fire wizard and upset.

Kevin,

I'm sorry, but it's just another way for KI to make the ends meet. Buying back your training points isn't a mandatory thing. KI didn't even have to give the ability to do it. If you messed up, Poof, you might have had to restart from scratch, no second chances.

As it is, yes, they are a LITTLE over priced, but absurd (with an a, not an o) is not what it is. Absurd is the belief that we are entitled to anything for free... While I would love to see a Gold option be added, I would have to say it would probably be exponentially greater. I would estimate 18 Training Points to cost nearly 150,000 Gold to buy back... Although, in Celestia, that's a good day's farming.

In game gold is too easy to get that if they made everything available in gold, nobody would decide to 'splurge' on items with crowns. Perhaps they could add 'Training Point Redemption Vouchers' as an item for you to bring to the Mr. Lincoln for a Free exchange of Training Points. These Vouchers would of course, probably be found only on the Elite of Elite bosses (Malistaire, Mithraya, etc) and be an extremely low drop rate (close to maybe 1-10% chance).

While I feel your pain, and sympathize with you, I cannot say I agree with Gold as being an option due to how easy it is to get in game.

Sincerely,
Logan Soulsinger
Legendary Theurgist
Grandmaster Artisan

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I don't think that the price is that steep for buying back training points - not considering how relatively fast you can level a new character, and the fact that you can put 99% of all gear, pets ect into the shared bank... If you don't want to or cannot pay the crowns to change your training points, you can roll up a new character and start over.

My biggest annoyance with the system, though, is that we can't choose to buy back a few points at a time, but are forced to completely start over. I would personally enjoy if it was, say, possible to buy back 5 training points at a time for those times where you picked the wrong spells (Elemental Blade instead of Spirit Blade, Fortify Aura instead of Amplify Damage, ect)...

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
It is totally absurd that there is not an option to do this for gold as the game changes all the time with new spells, lvl caps, more points ect ect ect.

So tactics will keep changing and especially if you are a pvp player.

No matter what anyone says and with disregard to this being a fully moderated forum, paying a month worth of sub to get your training points back which is and have been a standard feature of mmo games for the past 10 years back is a totall ripoff.

This should be changed granted i don't know how but here's an idea: If they don't want players to do it nilly willy atleast to those of paying sub each month, allow us to change our training points once a month.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
very much agreed like say since we got cl now we got the treant polymorph witch turns you into a life tree for 6 rounds so now every one who is not life can get that instesad of going to life and learning up to like saytr so you use 1 instead of like 5 or 6 trainig points or death school is you learn to feint witch can come in handy but with the new power we all got you may not need or just dont want any more so thats like another 6 points back think about it with cl gear and cards you will have like 16 to 14 points just sitting there so how about only buying back points from a certain school how about that i think it would be great so KI if you see this plz think about it and i am not complaining if that is what you think

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I would say 10 training pts would be 10,000 gold pieces. I would agree to add a gold pieces option to buying back your training points. Advice:make sure you want the right primary school and a secondary school I accidently got the infection spell and I only had 1 training point used by accident and i had to delete my level 25 character myth wizard. So I agree to that gold pieces option.