Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strange Friend List Entry.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2010
I made friends with a player the other day. Strange thing is, their name starts with a J but on the friends list they are not in alphabetical order as all my other friends are regardless if they are online or offline.

Plus this J person not only tops the list and then list starts with the proper order of A, B, C so on and so forth underneath them, they also have a solid yellow star.

Since I have never see this happen during the course of my 2 Grands what is this all about?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
jaronuts wrote:
I made friends with a player the other day. Strange thing is, their name starts with a J but on the friends list they are not in alphabetical order as all my other friends are regardless if they are online or offline.

Plus this J person not only tops the list and then list starts with the proper order of A, B, C so on and so forth underneath them, they also have a solid yellow star.

Since I have never see this happen during the course of my 2 Grands what is this all about?

When you open your Friends List, if you click on the blank star next to a friend's name, the star becomes a solid yellow star and that person goes to the top of your list as a "special" friend. (I forget exactly what they call it.) The solid yellow starred names are listed first, and then the blank yellow starred names are listed (each set is alphabetical).

I click on the star if I have recently played with or spoken to a friend, so I know who has been online recently.

Hope this helps.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
jaronuts wrote:

You must have clicked on the star, which makes them a special friend you want on the top of your list. Just reclick the star to remove and make the friend a normal friend again.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
I had the same prob back in lvl 20. You must of clicked the star by mistake.
When you click the star it puts the friend on the top of your friend list.
It's like highlighting the friend. To undo this, just simply click the star again.

Patrick B.
lvl 36
ice

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You must have accidentally made this person a "Best Friend". Best Friends go to the top of the list. To remove the "Best Friend" status, uncheck the star before his name.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010