Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A pet peeve we all get...

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 28, 2009
I think all people have this problem every once in a while.
Let's say your doing Malistaire or one of those other dungeons. You talk with your friend on the test realm and they will tell you they will come too in a few minutes or so. So you head to the live realm and gather a few people to help while we wait. One of your very low leveled friends has ported to you right before you enter the dungeon and ports again when your inside. So you tell him sorry but the last spot was saved. He then says, "Fine I guess we're not friends anymore!" Then leaves. So when you friend does get on turns out she can't port because the person didn't log out when they left.

Now the point of this little story is my idea to change in dungeons. If you leave the dungeon it means there is an open spot open. That feature would also be nice when you accidentally click the commons button and discover you have to do it all over again. Thanks for reading my little rant.

Community Leader
Well I might be shot for this but ,I need to speak.
This pet peeve I have got is danger to kids, in game dating is my worst problem. I understand adults like this but if adults do this kids see it and think its ok. It is by no means safe You do not know who that person is behind the wizard. Let's keep our children safe.

Paige MoonShade

Defender
May 30, 2009
Paige, I'm lost. What does that have to do with making a dungeon available when someone else ports out?

Defender
May 28, 2009
Paige MoonShade wrote:
This pet peeve I have got is danger to kids, in game dating is my worst problem. I understand adults like this but if adults do this kids see it and think its ok. It is by no means safe You do not know who that person is behind the wizard. Let's keep our children safe.

Paige MoonShade
What does this have to do with my dungeon problem? This really has nothing to do with dungeons or pet peeves in general. You basically just gave a safety lesson.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
I agree with Paige, but I think it would be really hard to fix this. The little ones are very clever when it comes to getting around the word filter. They have figured out how to say numbers and even restricted word combinations. What we need is a good idea that would help solve the problem. All I have been able to think of is restricting the word combinations that they are using but I am afraid that would only lead to new ones being made. You would also have to give the idea directly to the staff and not write it on a forum because someone who doesn't know the way around the filter could learn from what you write!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Paige MoonShade wrote:

Paige MoonShade

I do believe you just attempted to hijack this post. You should make a new post for this topic cuz it's nowhere near what Melissa was talking about. By the way, I've never even heard of adult in-game dating. Adults know this isn't Match.com; the people that "date" in the game are silly little kids that want more experienced players to help them and they call it dating. I've heard players that are a couple in real life call each other names like "baby" and "darling", but it's not the same thing.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I know, it's ridiculous! The whole dungeon system has to be revamped. The most annoying thing is when you're playing in a dungeon and someone has to leave for whatever reason (whether it be a good reason or not) and you try to get someone to take their place and you get the dreaded "it says you're in a full dungeon" message. I really wish they would fix this.

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
This dungeon problem is used to fix a different one. When four people go into a dungeon but one of them needs to get health or mana, the spot is locked for those four people only. Getting rid of that "problem" would result in this one comming up. It's true I think the other problem would be better then having to restart the entire dungeon but in think situation, there will always be a problem and a complainer. You can ger rid of the locked dungeon but having the person you don't want in it, to log off or enter another dungeon. Kingsisle should have a general post that states this on the monthly newsletter. Hope I helped.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the power of fire, nothing is beyond my reach.
Scot Thorn

Community Leader
asutton75 wrote:
Paige, I'm lost. What does that have to do with making a dungeon available when someone else ports out?

This is my pet peeve. as nothing to do with Mellissa's dungeon pet peeve
Sorry If I misunderstood the topic "A pet peeve we all get..."
truly sorry

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Paige MoonShade wrote:

Paige MoonShade

I do believe you just attempted to hijack this post. You should make a new post for this topic cuz it's nowhere near what Melissa was talking about. By the way, I've never even heard of adult in-game dating. Adults know this isn't Match.com; the people that "date" in the game are silly little kids that want more experienced players to help them and they call it dating. I've heard players that are a couple in real life call each other names like "baby" and "darling", but it's not the same thing.

She did not try to hijack this topic, it was a post about her pet peeve as was the OP (Melissa). When I read the Subject Topic, I was thinking this was a place where wizards could express their different pet peeves.

Technically speaking, AkihiroHattori5, you hijacked this thread by advertising a certain dating website, which you may or may not be affiliated with, and certainly does not have any ties with KingsIsle.

Now, if I did not talk about my pet peeve(s), I would be hijacking this tread. They are, in no order: WILD BOLT, "i need a boy/girl" coming through the chat window, multiple friend requests after I declined, and uninvited sigil jumpers.

Defender
May 28, 2009
Paige MoonShade wrote:
asutton75 wrote:

This is my pet peeve. as nothing to do with Mellissa's dungeon pet peeve
Sorry If I misunderstood the topic "A pet peeve we all get..."
truly sorry
I didn't mean to start a topic about pet peeves. I didn't name it "pet peves we get", i named it, "A pet peeve we all get. Also that didn't seem like a pet peeve at all. That was basically a complain about the girl boy thing. There's already a topic about that.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
ikr i was in tree of life just yesterday and one of my grandmaster friends tried to port and it said full dungeon even though i was the only one in there :(

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
HPHARRYPOTTER11 wrote:
This dungeon problem is used to fix a different one. When four people go into a dungeon but one of them needs to get health or mana, the spot is locked for those four people only. Getting rid of that "problem" would result in this one comming up. It's true I think the other problem would be better then having to restart the entire dungeon but in think situation, there will always be a problem and a complainer. You can ger rid of the locked dungeon but having the person you don't want in it, to log off or enter another dungeon. Kingsisle should have a general post that states this on the monthly newsletter. Hope I helped.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scot Thorn
if you are in a group no one can take your place even if you leave, i am with making it so if you leave it doesnt count you in

Defender
May 28, 2009
HPHARRYPOTTER11 wrote:
Scot Thorn
I think I figured out how to solve that problem also. When you enter the dungeon their should be a "leader" for the dungeon. Then the other 3 people will enter. So if somebody leaves on accident or to get health or mana or something and somebody else comes they can add a new feature. What if the leader of the dungeon has the ability to send away people in the dungeon, like in your castle? Tell me if you guys like this idea.