Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game in general

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have played wizard101 for over a year now, my account full of grandmasters or level 50 wizards, Today like so many days in the past i came into the game with this feeling that I just didnt want to play anymore. I have often played with a friend and this helps me get past my bad feelings about playing. But this week has been the worst for me. I come to the game and i just cant play. I have looked inside to ask why it is so hard for me to play now. The answer is simple, and yet the gaming people will never understand. When i play hours defeating opponents and making items to sell for gold I think about the reward i will get for doing this. I think about the Hatch pet i will get from my pets and what a reward it will be. Then after so many times and nothing, and so many fights and gold gone, I dont have the heart to fight for a reward that seems to not going to happen.
It comes down to what the game does not understand, Reward for time spent and reward for hard times defeating opponents. When there is no reward then it becomes just a boring and non beneficial thing so you begin to feel why do it anymore?
I am slowly using up my wizards gold, I will not go out and farm anymore for more. Since rewards in the game are non existant for me, I have to look at moving on. This was a very good game to me when I started a year or more ago. But now I have to force myself to play, and because i know a reward will not come for doing it.
I am not saying Wizards is not a good game, When you put time and effort into something over and over and over again and again and nothing comes from it, then why continue? In your mind you feel it has become a lost effort. I have reached this point. When my wizards gold is gone i will begin deleteing them, Even the hope of Celicia does not make me feel good at all. Perhaps there I will find more work and no rewards in return.....Her mane is Victoria wildheart, she will be deleted when her gold runs out, she is Myth, and will be my first to delete but not my last, be kind to her, she was a good warrior.

Defender
May 29, 2009
Dude there are great things in wizard101. there is kewl music... It's fun... there is nice pets, style, plot, theme, drama, action, friendship, comedy, wonders, elements, creativity... it's about the excitement of simply logging on, the passion of the scenery and all the effort put into the game makes all of it well up inside you. I look at my screenshots everyday because I am attached to W101, which has won so many hearts.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
neopot39 wrote:
Dude there are great things in wizard101. there is kewl music... It's fun... there is nice pets, style, plot, theme, drama, action, friendship, comedy, wonders, elements, creativity... it's about the excitement of simply logging on, the passion of the scenery and all the effort put into the game makes all of it well up inside you. I look at my screenshots everyday because I am attached to W101, which has won so many hearts.

In fairness these things can get old very quickly. The pets are not for everyone. I was surprised to see how many people really don't care about leveling up their pets. In this game, you come to a point like the OP has said. This happens to most people at some point. There are numerous threads that talk about the same thing. You get to a point where you've done everything and the the other things you can do just get boring and repetitive.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
attention wizards if you have any trianing points u can't use give them to me if your planing on not using them. :D

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I understand as well. After you reached GM, what's left to do. You get bored. You enjoy the game, but there isn't anything else left to do, but hope someone that you enjoy fighting with needs helps.

I know that KI is working very hard on getting Celestia up and running, but what do you do in the meantime?

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
you cannot give training points and why do you focus on rewards only? I love playing because of the arena and friends. My friends and I have had a lot of adventures on that game and most of them dont even involve the story of the game at all make the game how you want it not for just getting rewards

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I can't wait for the next world to come out, but in the meantime, there is a lot to do. You can work on your Master Artisan badge, train your pets, farm for gold to buy (and decorate) your house. I got my balance wizard to master artisan and am now crafting balance blades, which are awesome. I'm giving my crafted blades to my other wizards. HINT: Give some of them to your myth wizard!

I sometimes hang out in WC or Krok, even in Marleybone and Mooshu, and help newer players out with some of their quests, and more often than not, give them pointers to help them out. Many newer players who play the REAL game and don't try to 'power level' (which is in my opinion cheating themselves out of the entire game experience) can use some higher level help, if only to teach them the proper way to use prisms and such. I personally enjoy doing that. Perhaps its not 'your way' to help other people out, I don't know.

The original poster of this thread seems to have many problems with this game, many of them are with myth wizards. I myself have 2 grandmaster myth wizards, and prefer to use them over my balance, life and ice grandmasters. I have currently 10 grandmasters, so I think I know the game pretty well.
I know its all about opinion, and if there are (in your opinion, and considering all of your posts) that many troubles with the game, then maybe it is time to move on.

I don't pvp, so I can't say anything about that aspect of the game, but for me, just going through the game with different wizards, meeting different people along the way, helping each other out and leveling up is an awesome experience each time I do it.

One problem: with 12 wizards currenty in use, its REALLY tough to keep all of our different friends in my head!

Rogan Firehammer

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
I have played wizard101 for over a year now, my account full of grandmasters or level 50 wizards, Today like so many days in the past i came into the game with this feeling that I just didnt want to play anymore. I have often played with a friend and this helps me get past my bad feelings about playing. But this week has been the worst for me. I come to the game and i just cant play. I have looked inside to ask why it is so hard for me to play now. The answer is simple, and yet the gaming people will never understand. When i play hours defeating opponents and making items to sell for gold I think about the reward i will get for doing this. I think about the Hatch pet i will get from my pets and what a reward it will be. Then after so many times and nothing, and so many fights and gold gone, I dont have the heart to fight for a reward that seems to not going to happen.
It comes down to what the game does not understand, Reward for time spent and reward for hard times defeating opponents. When there is no reward then it becomes just a boring and non beneficial thing so you begin to feel why do it anymore?
I am slowly using up my wizards gold, I will not go out and farm anymore for more. Since rewards in the game are non existant for me, I have to look at moving on. This was a very good game to me when I started a year or more ago. But now I have to force myself to play, and because i know a reward will not come for doing it.
I am not saying Wizards is not a good game, When you put time and effort into something over and over and over again and again and nothing comes from it, then why continue? In your mind you feel it has become a lost effort. I have reached this point. When my wizards gold is gone i will begin deleteing them, Even the hope of Celicia does not make me feel good at all. Perhaps there I will find more work and no rewards in return.....Her mane is Victoria wildheart, she will be deleted when her gold runs out, she is Myth, and will be my first to delete but not my last, be kind to her, she was a good warrior.
I know how it feels, try helping novices on unicorn way and giving them cards. That's what I do. The reward, kindness, respect, and making the spiral a better place

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
ccole122 wrote:
attention wizards if you have any trianing points u can't use give them to me if your planing on not using them. :D
How do you gift training points

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
neopot39 wrote:
The graphics are good. The programming has alot to be desired. A lvl 20 casting a lvl 1 spell for their school and fizzling, not once but twice. They should change to spells from % chance of casting, to a lvl. The more lvls you are above a spell, the easier it should be to cast. The pets bite. Plain and simple. It's ridiculous that you have to pick a game to make them play just to lvl them. 50 pet energy points, means you have to play the games at least 2-3 different days, depending on if you buy crowns, or if you wait for it to refill. Speaking of crowns. They should have a reward system for those that do buy crowns, even if it's 10k less/more. Every other mmorpg I've played gives rewards for buying their "Shop" money with r/l money. Like access to you bank from anywhere for free, increased bank/backpack space for free, etc. I'm not saying the games not good, they're just a bit too greedy for their own good. Again, most mmorpg's I play/played either give you membership for free and a pay "shop", or pay for membership and offer an in-game shop you use in-game gold to buy/make the good stuff you need. Not both. I have a lvl 21 character and it's a decent character, but after an hour of going against creatures in Krokatopia or other places, and fizzling on spells that I got at lvl 1, I get a headache and have to quit playing. They need to listen to suggestions other than game content, and listen to everyone. Not just those that buy crowns or pay for accounts. I can see the authors problem and I have to agree.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
I can totally relate to the original poster. I have 6 Grandmasters. I have been through this game so many times I can do it with my eyes closed pretty much. It does come to a point where it just becomes boring.

The pet hatching thing is a joke, it's way too expensive to do. Crafting is pointless, the only thing of value to craft is gear, but you can't craft better gear than what a grandmaster is already wearing, so what's the point.

Helping noobs is fun, for a while, but then that becomes boring too.

KI, you really need to learn to time manage better and make sure that you have new areas ready to open faster. If you don't, you will lose people very quickly.