Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rebirth Quest Bug! Oakheart is not there !

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Just got to 48 and have talked to bartelby and niles, but oakheart is nowhere to be found and quest helper shows him to be 106 or so steps away when i am where he should be according to the map and i can't talk to him! Please help. My account username is richmondg and dakota is my character.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
A simple "Oakheart" search on the forum would have turned up this answer which has been posted soooo many times.

Hope this helps...

This is a copy of a reply that Gamma posted in the forum:

If Theurgists are having trouble completing your level 48 Life spell quest, you must complete a sidequest in MooShu in order to have access to Oakheart in the Jade Palace.

You must complete these quests, in this order, to get to Oakheart in the Jade Palace. A lot of these quests are the same side quests that you need to complete for the “Wizard Tours” quest or Obsidian Chests quest to get access to the one chest in MooShu.

Cave of Solitude
1. I’m Cursed (from Mossback)
2. Rock On (from Mossback)

Kishibe Village
1. Wear Your Gloves (from Mossback)

Shirataki Temple
1. I’m Cured! (from Mossback)

Ancient Burial Grounds
1. Distressed Earth (from Mossback)
2. Forest Foray (from Mossback)

Village of Sorrow
1. Tainted Forest (from Wavebringer)
2. Forest Spirit (from Wavebringer)

Tree of Life
1. The Great Forest (from Oakheart)
2. Everlasting Forest (from Oakheart)

“Everlasting Forest” quest will give you access to Oakheart in the Jade Palace!

If you are not sure if you have completed any of these quests, or are still having trouble, contact Support with your username and character name and they will help you get moving forward.
{o,o}
|)_)

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
Richmondg wrote:
Just got to 48 and have talked to bartelby and niles, but oakheart is nowhere to be found and quest helper shows him to be 106 or so steps away when i am where he should be according to the map and i can't talk to him! Please help. My account username is richmondg and dakota is my character.

If ya want i can get you in there. :-)
Nathan Shadowhammer
Lvl 50 Life
Lvl 50 Death
Lvl 50 Storm

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
No there is a major flaw with obtaining the Rebirth Spell. You can't follow the recommended path if none of the Mossbacks will speak to you. I did find a Mossback that to me at Shirataki Temple but by the time I defeated Wavebringer once he did not offer me the opportunity to continue down the recommended path. I have stubbornly tried everything and refuse to quit but I need someone to talk to me!

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
MzMarple wrote:
No there is a major flaw with obtaining the Rebirth Spell. You can't follow the recommended path if none of the Mossbacks will speak to you. I did find a Mossback that to me at Shirataki Temple but by the time I defeated Wavebringer once he did not offer me the opportunity to continue down the recommended path. I have stubbornly tried everything and refuse to quit but I need someone to talk to me!

You may have missed another Mossback quest. Did you do the one in the Tree of Life? If so, double back and see which one you missed.

Hero
May 27, 2009
MsMarple - all of Mossback's quests are separate. He does not send you to see him in the next area. You have to FIND him in the different places to get his quests. That's why so many people have trouble with this, I think. If you defeated Wavebringer and then talked to Mossback in the Shirataki Temple, you need to go find him in the Ancient Burial Grounds and complete his tasks there.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
The best thing to do is start at the beginning of Mooshu and work your way through the villages.
At the beginning of each, open your map to find them and eliminate the areas one by one.
Eventually you'll come upon the one with the over his head.

They're incredibly easy to miss.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I suggest KingsIsle make the beginning of the quest be someone in the Jade Palace, that way you just would not miss it, and you could find it pretty easy.

Or, how about have Mossback show up in front of the house that the quest will be finished, in the area just off the Jade palace and before you get to the island in the lake area that I can't remember the name.

Of course, then we will have people whining they can't get into such-and-such like the Freddy Nine Lives or McTavish quests (sorry don't know the real name of the quest, I have Life and Death).