Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Major Problem When I Lose Connection

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
Dear Players & Administrators,

Sometimes when I lose connection I experience a major problem in which I have to log out then in to solve it. Sometimes when I lose connection, the screen goes blank and I can only see the game itself ( I cannot see the mana & health globes and the spellbook and the XP bar ect. ) I think it only happens when I am in a battle. Is anyone else having the same problem or know a solution to this, if so, please reply/post back!

Thanks

We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Defender
May 30, 2009
vice655 wrote:

Sometimes when I lose connection I experience a major problem in which I have to log out then in to solve it. Sometimes when I lose connection, the screen goes blank and I can only see the game itself ( I cannot see the mana & health globes and the spellbook and the XP bar ect. ) I think it only happens when I am in a battle. Is anyone else having the same problem or know a solution to this, if so, please reply/post back!

Thanks

I have the same problem from time to time. I X out of the game and log back in quickly (since I am usually in a battle when this happens). and everything is restored. Try sending in the file that Zeke requested and maybe can see what the problem is.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
I am not sure how it worked but I had that same problem for a little bit aswell, I updated my Java plug-in, and the lost connection dropped dramaticly for me....**Shrugs** try it, you never know.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
vice655 wrote:

Thanks

Pressing Ctrl + G will get your mana & health globes, etc. back. You can also press Ctrl +G anything during the game to toggle them on and off. (Good or taking screen shots).

I have also experianced the problem of not being able to move after the lose of connection and reconnection. This problem I have only been able to correct by logging out and then back on.

Hope this helps.
Zachary FireDust
GrandMaster Pyromaster