Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please help me

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 11, 2008
Someone said they were gifting houses for treasure cards and I reported him for doing it. But later i thought that you might be able to gift them some how. If I did report him wrongly, will I get banned? :-(If anyone knows please tell me.

Hero
May 19, 2009
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (KingsIsle will NEVER ask for treasure card(s) in exchange for a code. Trading “cards for codes” is done at the players’ own risk. Codes are either fully public or one time use)

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
Nope. Houses are non gift items. Meaning they were trying to scam the people who don't know the game much into giving them the treasure cards they own. Then they just vanish running off with your hard earned treasure cards. So next time you see someone else doing that report away!
Lucas drakebloom
Level 46
Ice wizard
Sword saint

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
KI holds by the logic that these type of player scams are unreportable, as what you see in your screen is the trade itself.
These are called 'Trust-trades ', as you are promised something after the trade is completed.

Personally, I believe these players should be launched into space, but that's just me.

In short, it's a false report.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
All things being equal - IE you don't have a record for swearing/asking for personal info/false reporting, you will likely just get a warning.

It's not something I'd suggest repeating, though.

As a general rule, if someone on the street is offering you a $20 pet/mount/house for a treasure card, they ARE LYING AND TRYING TO CON YOU.

Prove PT Barnum wrong and just say 'NO', then put them on ignore.