Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which School should I choose?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
I can't decide which School to be! Could someone tell me which one I should choose and why? It's driving me Crazy :|

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
The perpose of the test is to tell you which one you are. It is actualy best to have more than one school of study. I would suggest fire, myth, and/or life. Balance is ok, but it is hard to master.

Defender
May 21, 2009
Zeiyus wrote:
I can't decide which School to be! Could someone tell me which one I should choose and why? It's driving me Crazy :|

Hello there Zeiyus I know the position you are in so I have a few tips for you.

1. My first tip is to take the quiz at the beginning of the game if you don't know what school you want to be.

2. If you don't want to be so random about how you pick your school I'll tell you what each school is about. Fire is about attacking over time. Ice is about sheilding. Storm is about power. Life is about healing. Myth is about minions. Death is about stealing health form enemies. Balance is a little bit of everything. Every school has there weakness to so pick wisely.

Ty for reading :D

Historian
May 15, 2009
choose storm, storm has the HIGHEST attack power out of all the schools in game.

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
christopher62597 wrote:
Zeiyus wrote:
2. If you don't want to be so random about how you pick your school I'll tell you what each school is about. Fire is about attacking over time. Ice is about sheilding. Storm is about power. Life is about healing. Myth is about minions. Death is about stealing health form enemies. Balance is a little bit of everything. Every school has there weakness to so pick wisely.

I will give a slightly more in depth description of each school.

Death: Death has high health and high accuracy. It has very low attacks but many of the attacks give health, attacking and healing at the same time. I have leveled a death character to level 23, and am currently playing on it so I can tell you that death is easy in the beginning of the game, although there are a lot of death enemies that resist.

Myth: Myth has low health and medium accuracy. It has low attacks. The specialty of Myth is minions. Minions are summoned monsters that will help you attack. Myth gets minions the earliest in the game (As soon as the game starts. The next lowest level a school gets minions is 18.) Myth also has many spells that take away spells that make your enemy block attacks. Myth is a school that I would recommend if you want to do Player verses Player. I have leveled a myth character to Grandmaster, level 50, and I can tell you that myth is very easy in the beginning of the game but gets harder.

Life: Life has high health and high accuracy. It has very low attacks. Life wizards can heal. However they do not have a spell that attacks all enemies. I have never played a Life wizard but from friends I know that life can solo very well. If you play a life wizard be prepared for a lot of people to want you to help them. :D

Balance: Balance is generally considered an all around school. It has medium health and medium accuracy. It has medium attacks. Balance wizards have many blades (Circles that float around your head and boost your attack.) and are very good at boosting attacks. I have never played a Balance wizard but my friend who I know in real life has a grandmaster and I have helped him a lot along the way. The end game is very easy and Balance wizards work best paired with another wizard.

Storm: Storm has very low health and very low accuracy. It has extremely high attacks. Many people think that storm is one the "best" schools because of the attacks but I can tell you that your health will get in your way. I have leveled a Storm character to Grandmaster and I can tell you that you will die A LOT in the beginning of the game. When you near the end of the game, however, you will find things getting a lot easier.

Ice: Ice has very high health and medium accuracy. It has okay attacks. Ice is a tank school. Ice wizards get many shields that reduce the power of enemies attacks and can survive a long time. While Storm wizards generally have to work to get 2,000 health, most Ice grandmasters have over 3,000 health. I have played an Ice wizard to level 13 and the early game is easyish.

Fire: Fire has low health and low accuracy. It has high attacks. Fire is know for its Damage Over Time (DOT) spells, but I have found that most fire wizards prefer to use one hit spells. Fire is a interesting school to play and you will find that there are many Fire wizards in the game. It is probably the most popular school.

I hope I didn't get too long winded,
Quinn Dragonwhisper-Grandmaster Myth
Benjamin Dragonblade-Grandmaster Storm
And many others.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
WOAH WOAH WOAH storm may be the strongest, but it has the least accuracy. Fire is next on the list of accuracy but it has more accuracy then storm and they are near the same damage I think you should be fire since fire attacks over time which could defeat someone even if you were K.O.ed!

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
MercMissionary wrote:
The perpose of the test is to tell you which one you are. It is actualy best to have more than one school of study. I would suggest fire, myth, and/or life. Balance is ok, but it is hard to master.
if your a starter and you wanna choose balance dont because i had a really hard time starting witha balance so i agree and myth not so much because cyrus drake is mean to you

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
choose storm, storm has the HIGHEST attack power out of all the schools in game.

But they also have lowest accuracy AND lowest health.

Here are some things you may want to know;

Storm;
Strong, but bad health and bad accuracy

Ice;
High health, great shielding, but so-so accuracy and weaker

Fire;
Damage-over-time(DOT) but not-so-great health and not-so-great accuracy

Death;
It heals and attacks in one turn, but slightly weaker

Myth;
Lots of minions, making it easier to fight, but slightly weaker

Life;
Heals yourself and teammates, but weaker

Balance;
Blades,shields, and traps, but weaker

There's your basics! (:

Sincerely,

Elizabeth MistLeaf (Level 45 Thaumaturge|Ice|)
Paige FireBlossom (Level 23 Pyromancer|Fire|)
Seth DeathShade (Level 11 Necromancer|Death|)

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I'm storm and I like it a lot. One person that I know who has grandmasters in all the schools says her favorite character to play is death. Fire has no real draw backs. Some ice players tend to cry cause no one will play with them. Life isn't bad if you have someone else to play with, but fails to have an attack all spell so isn't the best character to solo. Myth to me lacks damage, its great in pvp due to earthquake but I can't justify playing it. Balance has low base damage but is very versatile.

If you intend to solo a lot I'd stick with death, storm, or fire.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Depends on your personality. Are you rash, cool headed? Once you know how you are you can match up with a certain school.

Hero
May 19, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I'm storm and I like it a lot. One person that I know who has grandmasters in all the schools says her favorite character to play is death. Fire has no real draw backs. Some ice players tend to cry cause no one will play with them. Life isn't bad if you have someone else to play with, but fails to have an attack all spell so isn't the best character to solo. Myth to me lacks damage, its great in pvp due to earthquake but I can't justify playing it. Balance has low base damage but is very versatile.

Storm and fire for solo? those are the worst schools to solo with. If he's gonna solo the best schools would be myth, ice, or death.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Okay, this time I disagree with Darth: Storm is the easiest school to solo with! Once you get the storm minion (level 18), and some accuracy clothing storm can solo pretty much anything. And in DS storm was MUCH easier than death (though with the watered down DS death would probably have no difficulty either).

Also, all the schools have clothing that helps strengthen their weaknesses. Accuracy for storm and fire, strenght for myth and death. It seems that by the time you reach DS most of the schools are fairly well matched.

You can't go wrong with whatever you choose. And you get to have 6 wizards so you can pretty much try them all. Have fun!

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
DarthNexus wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Storm and fire for solo? those are the worst schools to solo with. If he's gonna solo the best schools would be myth, ice, or death.

Storm is not the worse to solo with, I have a Grand Diviner, and I soloed my way to Grand

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
MercMissionary wrote:
The perpose of the test is to tell you which one you are. It is actualy best to have more than one school of study.

Just take the quiz.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Zeiyus wrote:
take the test when your making your wizard and see which one is right for you

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
Zeiyus wrote:

I would choose Balance or Storm.

Balance - This school has some really good spells. Balance is a good school to solo with.

Storm - I understand that the health is low. But the spells are so AWESOME! i would prefer you pick this school if you want good spells.

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
seasnake wrote:

I agree with SeaSnake. Storm is a great school to solo the game with. My storm has soloed all of wizard city and is in krokotopia. He hasn't died yet. The only time you should ask fo help is when you get to the Sunken City.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Thechaosmagician wrote:

Yes, storm does very high damage spells, but their accuracy is very low.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
i divide schools into three categories: "lone-wolf", "powerhouse", and "buddy-buddy".

lone wolf schools are custom-designed to work alone; other players can have a tendency to get in the way. the lone wolf schools are death and myth. great for solitary people.

powerhouse schools are intended to go either way. storm is extremely good in groups, due to its low health, accuracy, and multiple attack all enemy spells; however, diviners can get into many tight situations on their own. fire, on the other hand, is better at solo quests; their dot spells can be layered with devestating effect, but in groups, the large amount of enemies can be overwhelming.
these schools are good for people who like to go with the flow; alone or in a group, it really makes only a small difference.

buddy-buddy schools are designed for group play. ice can shield and taunt, life can heal, and balance can put a large quantity of boosts on any lone-wolf or powerhouse allies (who have the highest four attack ranges).
those who like to help others should probably take one of these.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
MercMissionary wrote:
take the test.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
dragonwisperer123 wrote:
christopher62597 wrote:
Zeiyus wrote:

I will give a slightly more in depth description of each school.

Death: Death has high health and high accuracy. It has very low attacks but many of the attacks give health, attacking and healing at the same time. I have leveled a death character to level 23, and am currently playing on it so I can tell you that death is easy in the beginning of the game, although there are a lot of death enemies that resist.

Myth: Myth has low health and medium accuracy. It has low attacks. The specialty of Myth is minions. Minions are summoned monsters that will help you attack. Myth gets minions the earliest in the game (As soon as the game starts. The next lowest level a school gets minions is 18.) Myth also has many spells that take away spells that make your enemy block attacks. Myth is a school that I would recommend if you want to do Player verses Player. I have leveled a myth character to Grandmaster, level 50, and I can tell you that myth is very easy in the beginning of the game but gets harder.

Life: Life has high health and high accuracy. It has very low attacks. Life wizards can heal. However they do not have a spell that attacks all enemies. I have never played a Life wizard but from friends I know that life can solo very well. If you play a life wizard be prepared for a lot of people to want you to help them. :D

Balance: Balance is generally considered an all around school. It has medium health and medium accuracy. It has medium attacks. Balance wizards have many blades (Circles that float around your head and boost your attack.) and are very good at boosting attacks. I have never played a Balance wizard but my friend who I know in real life has a grandmaster and I have helped him a lot along the way. The end game is very easy and Balance wizards work best paired with another wizard.

Storm: Storm has very low health and very low accuracy. It has extremely high attacks. Many people think that storm is one the "best" schools because of the attacks but I can tell you that your health will get in your way. I have leveled a Storm character to Grandmaster and I can tell you that you will die A LOT in the beginning of the game. When you near the end of the game, however, you will find things getting a lot easier.

Ice: Ice has very high health and medium accuracy. It has okay attacks. Ice is a tank school. Ice wizards get many shields that reduce the power of enemies attacks and can survive a long time. While Storm wizards generally have to work to get 2,000 health, most Ice grandmasters have over 3,000 health. I have played an Ice wizard to level 13 and the early game is easyish.

Fire: Fire has low health and low accuracy. It has high attacks. Fire is know for its Damage Over Time (DOT) spells, but I have found that most fire wizards prefer to use one hit spells. Fire is a interesting school to play and you will find that there are many Fire wizards in the game. It is probably the most popular school.

I hope I didn't get too long winded,
Quinn Dragonwhisper-Grandmaster Myth
Benjamin Dragonblade-Grandmaster Storm
And many others.

Woah! hold up, i had to comment on it, first myth second minion is at level 7, (troll minion) not 18, and the reason i REALLY needed to comment on this is your FYI on fire, As an experienced grandmaster fire i will tell you the TRUTH on fire.. First we do NOT have low health, we have the same health as myth, you call myth health midieum, so are ours, We get 2400-2500 health, so do myth, That is not low health, Low accuracy, ok i agree A LITTLE but its all on clothes! my grand clothes give 25% attack boost and 10% fizzle chance and 40% defence (44% plus my pets stats) any way, my fire is stronger than storm BUT if a storm has clothes with stats, it can increase there fizzle and attack putting them back in the lead, Plus storm traps and blades are weaker, storm blade gives (+30%) damage fire blade gives (+35%) damage so it add up with out knowing, not dissing ice but we all know ice is a weak school, for the start of the game, but when they get there 40% attack boost blade, Dont mess with them, i am sure all ice agree with me there.
peace~ Ryan Nightstalker- 50 fire,48 life,48 death,43 storm,42 balance, 31 ice.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
dylanforwalk wrote:
MercMissionary wrote:
if your a starter and you wanna choose balance dont because i had a really hard time starting witha balance so i agree and myth not so much because cyrus drake is mean to you

Here are a few of the Wizs I have:

Balance is not hard to use, it takes a little to get use too though, to me, I think you have to play them a bit different then the other schools to master how Balance works. Downside of Balance is that I think some of the other schools give boost damage, on you. Most other schools have 1 other school that does boost damage balance has a couple. Balance does wonders in groups, more of a team player school. I would not recommend Balance for a starter class, unless you have some experience on other classes.

Myth is the easiest to learn. But not to many good spells it has. Since lack of spells, not many people make Myth Wizs. Some realms, Myth seems extent sometimes, and just like Storm the accuracy kinda stinks. So if you go Myth Prepare for a good ammont of FIZZling

Storm is the badest of the bad. Not putting it down, I mean their spells do wicked damage which is a deffinent plus, and most groups look for Diviners. Do to the high damage attacks. Great combined when with life. Storm/life is a good solo class IMO. I got to Grand on my diviner, with very limited help from others. Downfall GOOD Storm spells cost a lot of PiPs, and Storm will FIZZLE 90% of the time. They also have the most least ammount of Hit points.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
Thechaosmagician wrote:
Yes but do keep in mind that storm has the lowest accuracy. Even though when your higher level you will gain cloths that give you good accuracy this is the beginning of the game.