Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A way to stop low levels from teleporting?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
Okay, I was reading posts, and saw a great idea. Since it wasn't posted in a thread for it, I decided to write it here. With the release of Celestia, there should be a new option added: if turned on, and someone tries to teleport it would say:

Angel UnicornBreath level 50 Theurgist* wants to teleport. Do you accept?

Then you could choose to let them teleport or not. I think it would be a great option to add. Also, if someone has that option turned off, others could teleport without his permission.

*I used my wizard's name and statistics for the example.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I love the title idea, hate your solution.

What I want instead is a check option that says to enable only players within five or ten levels of yourself to be allowed to teleport to you, or to try and add you as a friend. I hate friend requests by anyone who is under ten levels than me. Ideally, a player could type in their own limits. That is if I select this option, I could type in or select the lowest level difference allowed to teleport or add me. Those who are on my friends list, should also give me the option to allow them to teleport even if they don't meet the level requirement that I selected.

I'd also like to be able to click on my friends on my friends list and see when the last log in date was for them. If they have been offline for a long time, I'd like to delete and replace them on my list if they haven't been a solid in game friend to me.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
I think that's a great idea. It gets annoying when low levels 'tag along' with me because i have to keep on healing them instead of making progress.
I hope KI will put this in thought.

Destiny Soultamer, Thaumaturge

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Ya great idea, expanding on the no teleport option which many turn on, and can get tedious. I like the idea, and I hope it is incororated into the game.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
For some unknown reason KI is ignoring all the threads about this problem. Games that don't address legitimate problems from paying customers have a tendency to fade into obscurity. Just ask SOE about the once mighty Everquest. It placated the whiners in that game,while neglecting true issues. Look where it is now.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Both are great ideas. Something needs to be done by KI that's for sure.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
Seasnake, those also are great ideas. I still think you should be able to have an option to get asked, since there is always some persons that are near your level that you don't want to port.