Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feeling Scared to Log On

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
Why do people brag so much about their pets? Some of my friends use to be so nice, but they brag now ever since they get those new pets from hatching, and I don't even have enough money to hatch my single PET. I am so afraid to log on, because people mock my adult pet, and they have all these epic pets they got from hatching. I don't like being mocked in dungeons, in the pavilion, arena, and parties, but it happens. Anyone else agree about people mocking you too much?
Oh, and people mock my pet whenever I go to the hatching building. It makes me soooooo mad!

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
MEH Dont let it get to ya people can be people ya know. And if they mock ya for your pet or most any thing else then its worth hanging with or finding people who either like you/your pet and dont worry about the others. If they hatched a wild pet so what your pet is yours by choice and if not then at least you can work or build up to a better one.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Not everyone has an epic pet. I have babies through teens, and until the Pet Pavilion came out they didn't mean or do much. If the people in the hatchery mock you, Stop going in there. The new pet area is the best thing to happen to Wizard101, its the shot in the arm it needed. And, eventualy you will have an epic pet.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you can't ignore what immature people say, then the option exists to use ignore on the people mocking you and/or to turn chat off entirely.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
I understand what you're going through, cause some of my friends have done the same thing. Thing is, some people just want to feel like they're greater then you( just like in reality). I'm just saying that my way to make them stop is to ignore them, or show off my pets cause i have a ton of them. By the way, if your adult pet is a dragon or a piggle you can mix with a red gobbler (if thats even the name) and if your chances are good, i think your suppose to get a winged aromered gobbler.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Why in the world would you possibly care what anyone says about you or your pet? Just ignore them,and stop worrying about it.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
The best thing to do is get a dungeon pet or a pet people rarely see. If you want people to be quiet. But, you can always ignore.

Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
The best thing to do is get a dungeon pet or a pet people rarely see. If you want people to be quiet. But, you can always ignore.

Uh, I have a storm hound I bought with crowns a while back. People don't see storm hounds all that much, but they still mock me. With all this mocking it makes me feel like my purchase was a waste of time..... They have all those crossbreed school pets, and a few have a costly crown pet.

Defender
Mar 06, 2009
I understand what you mean. My only adult pet is my defender pig (Idk how it became an adult, I just found it like that). No one wants to hatch with it, but I just say "Eh, okay" and move on or just work on another wizard of mine. But if I was you I would say "Hey! I don't have enough gold so stop it cause it making me upset!". It is just a suggestion. If they still don't back off please quote this message and give me your wizard's name and i will try to help.

My Wizards:
Fire Lvl50(+)~Jesse GhostWhisper
Death Lvl47(+)~Jesse GhostWhisper
Life Lvl48(+)~Jesse SoulWhisper
Storm Lvl25(+)~Jesse GhostWhisper
Balance Lvl10(+)~Jesse Drake
(New School) Lvl_(+)~Jesse NightWraith

Add me if you see me.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
hmssnowdrop wrote:
Angelocean wrote:

Uh, I have a storm hound I bought with crowns a while back. People don't see storm hounds all that much, but they still mock me. With all this mocking it makes me feel like my purchase was a waste of time..... They have all those crossbreed school pets, and a few have a costly crown pet.

Well, it worked for me... if you want a pet that is so-so to get, farm roof top stoker for spider golem, he re spawns

Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
I finally got a good pet named Sir Mickey! He's a rat magician that I've been training a LOT, and he's nearing ancient even though I just got him a while ago. Anther character that I have has a white rat magician who is also being trained a lot, so I am excited about having the rat magician card! :D :D :D :D
Also, now I don't mind people saying, "Wow, your pet is bad!" I just prove them wrong, and my rat magician is probably on the top fifty rat pets list cause I've given him the best snacks. I don't mind people mocking the rat because he's a rat, and not one of those new breed pets.
Thank you everyone! I now log on and joke around with my friends!
I ignored those rude people, and silence is sooooo nice!

Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
jessessej wrote:
I understand what you mean. My only adult pet is my defender pig (Idk how it became an adult, I just found it like that). No one wants to hatch with it, but I just say "Eh, okay" and move on or just work on another wizard of mine. But if I was you I would say "Hey! I don't have enough gold so stop it cause it making me upset!". It is just a suggestion. If they still don't back off please quote this message and give me your wizard's name and i will try to help.

My Wizards:
Fire Lvl50(+)~Jesse GhostWhisper
Death Lvl47(+)~Jesse GhostWhisper
Life Lvl48(+)~Jesse SoulWhisper
Storm Lvl25(+)~Jesse GhostWhisper
Balance Lvl10(+)~Jesse Drake
(New School) Lvl_(+)~Jesse NightWraith

Add me if you see me.

Okay, people are just starting to mock my pet, and someone threatened to report me for having it. Another fact is, is that someone told me to get an actual pet, and a life.
And then came the most down-spiraling part is that they show off their new breed pets, while also telling me to learn how to play the game. Then others started to suggest using cheats!
After thinking everything was going quite well, now I'm being forced out of the hatchery, and the pavilion itself for being accused of getting a bad pet.
How does this happen?

Search for Elizabeth Dawngem, with a pet rat named Miss Boots
Flint Legendsong with a pet hydra or storm hound
Dakota Nightgrove with a pet wraith named Shelby
I usually hang out around the hatchery in the morning and later in the night. (before i'm forced out)

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
They are sooo mean. I dont have that problem. I'd say to try and get YOUR pet to epic (if you want) and tell them to stop.

Abigail Spiritrider

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
People that do that sort of thing are trying to get you to notice what they have, so they can feel good about themselves. It's not about you.

When I run into this, my response is - " I have the one I want, thank you. " , and that usually ends it.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
Snowdrop, how are you being forced out of the Hatchery? All you have to do is go to your settings and turn off text bubbles. You won't see what they are saying. They can't physically push you out the door like a real life bully. Turn off text bubbles and go about your bussiness.

Defender
May 29, 2009
My friend, there is a thing called farming. Get a kewl pet from a boss and forget about it. Once I had a heckhound and my friend on a computer next to me a dark sprite, and she mocked me in reality cuz mine could easily be bought in a shop and hers came with a card. Then we did Emperor's retreat and I got a ghoul pet from the first boss. Immediately I put it on and she was like no way. Later in DS I sold all my pets and my friend mocked me again for such a lame pet (She had a minnytaur), and then I got a DS cyclops pet, and three hours later an orthrus. I don't mock my friends but it's almost as though because when I got my orthrus it gave me an orthrus card while she got Satyr (sigh). So basically farming will get you that hip new pet yeah.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
I suggest if you like your pet that is all that matters. If someone doesn't like my pet that is their problem not mine.

Ignoring their comments and going about your business speaks volumes.

People who do stuff to make others feel bad are trying to make themselves feel good. Don't let them pull you down. We taught our daughter this for bullies on the bus and at school. I also worked very hard to teach her to say "Yes I have disabilities. What is your excuse?".
That stopped them dead and ended the behavior. I was so proud when she did it, so was she. She found out Mom and Dad were right. :)

Megan Frostriver Grandmaster Theurgist
Megan Frostbringer Grandmaster Sorcerer